Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my email (finally)! It doesn't say which trip it is for. Here is the latest on the key information if anyone is still tracking wording changes:

"In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system. You will receive access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests. "

And there it is :). As many of us said, give Disney a chance, and would you look at that, 35% off.

Will it be perfect for everyone? No. Will some people have preferred DDP? Yes. But IMO it’s a good discount and will put a lot (not all) people ahead financially especially considering restrictions there may be on restaurants, TS in particular.

I just got the email indicating they will remove dining from my package, give me 35% off and I will receive a new invoice indicating what I owe/will be refunded.

Dang it Disney! I had decided to go with Universal (buy 2 days, get 2 free) and then you do this to me...

edit: had free dining recovery July 18-26. I had upgraded to regular dining. Staying at POP.
I got the same email. Unfortunately my trip was June 24-27. I hope they give me a code for 35% November trip.

So... I wanna start a debate. Who do you think gets priority (specifically for park access) Regular on Property Resort Guests or DVC or AP in what order?

Just between these 3
1. On property guests with tickets or APs
2. DS hotel guests with tickets or APs
3. APs in general

I just got the email indicating they will remove dining from my package, give me 35% off and I will receive a new invoice indicating what I owe/will be refunded.

Dang it Disney! I had decided to go with Universal (buy 2 days, get 2 free) and then you do this to me...

edit: had free dining recovery July 18-26. I had upgraded to regular dining. Staying at POP.
might want to hold off until you find out what will actually be open at Disney. Universal will have an almost 6 weeks jump so a lot of their stuff might be open by your dates where as Disney will still be in early stage of opening.

So... I wanna start a debate. Who do you think gets priority (specifically for park access) Regular on Property Resort Guests or DVC or AP in what order?

Just between these 3
AP first. Then DVC guests with tickets. Then on site guests with tickets.

I don’t think technically DVC is entitled to park access. Only the resort. This may annoy a lot of guests - perhaps enough to make them cancel.

That was quick!

Anyone know how to sign up to receive AP emails?

I haven’t gotten any of the AP ones from Disney, and no cancellation emails either. But I can see in the app things are dropping one by one. 🥺
I received AP emails my first year (4 years ago) and non since. Don't know how to get that fixed. Not even calling is a guarantee of rectifying the situation. I've seen posts here of people who tried but still never received emails.

AP first. Then DVC guests with tickets. Then on site guests with tickets.

I don’t think technically DVC is entitled to park access. Only the resort. This may annoy a lot of guests - perhaps enough to make them cancel.
They don't want DVC to cancel. It's already a cluster with points for the next while becaue they closed the resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter