Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m concerned about the points build up too but my (personal, not based on any facts) feeling is that Disney didn’t want to open DVC this early. There are probably legal reasons they had to, but my impression is Disney would prefer to have as few guests in the early phases as possible. More control for them to see how the new plans work and adjust things as needed.
Easier to cancel the cash guests and return their money than to cancel DVC. Test things out on us to make sure they work.

I am wondering how single-day tickets will be treated in conjunction with hotel reservation people. In the past, I could do FP reservations at the 60-day mark for my family who lives in Orlando (we are DVC & stay on-site) when I book them. We are hoping that since we already have tickets that will help.

I am wondering how single-day tickets will be treated in conjunction with hotel reservation people. In the past, I could do FP reservations at the 60-day mark for my family who lives in Orlando (we are DVC & stay on-site) when I book them. We are hoping that since we already have tickets that will help.
I would guess they'd have to be on your reservation to get first dibs.

I received AP emails my first year (4 years ago) and non since. Don't know how to get that fixed. Not even calling is a guarantee of rectifying the situation. I've seen posts here of people who tried but still never received emails.
Oh no!! Thanks for the info. I sent in a help request earlier today (didn’t want to tie up the phone lines for guests who have bigger concerns right now) but I am worried I won’t receive any notification or link to book park entry without an email from them.

Oh well, all the more reason to monitor this thread :)

So what will be the first thing they add back once they get all the cancellations they need to not exceed their capacity target?

Oh no!! Thanks for the info. I sent in a help request earlier today (didn’t want to tie up the phone lines for guests who have bigger concerns right now) but I am worried I won’t receive any notification or link to book park entry without an email from them.

Oh well, all the more reason to monitor this thread :)
I’m in the same boat. Last time i received an AP email it was 3 days late........ thanks disney IT

I cancelled my June reservation on my own when they announced the opening date before the system went down because everything up until that point indicated they weren't doing incentives to rebook anymore and I was frustrated and just wanted my money back. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Now I'll miss out on this 35% off incentive. I guess that's what I guess for being impulsive. 😭

Just got “the email.” I have hotel and ADRs but no tickets of any kind.

not sure if my email is different but here is a quote:

“We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry. You’ll be provided with early access to book new dining and experiences. We’ll be contacting you shortly regarding that process.”

Just got “the email.” I have hotel and ADR but no tickets of any kind.
I have a few of the old never expiring tickets just sitting in MDE and I got the email about first access to park reservations. No trip planned at all.

It’s seeming more and more like you simply need some form of ticket OR a hotel reservation (or both) to be included in whatever early access will be offered.

Here is the full email from the recent batch if it helps anyone. I have a Pop resort stay booked, a paid dining plan, and tickets already linked. This was 9:18PM Eastern.

"
An Important Walt Disney World Update

As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new measures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we will be changing and suspending some Theme Park and Disney Resort hotel experiences, including the temporary suspension of Extra Magic Hours.

In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system. You will receive access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests.

Unfortunately, these new measures have also required us to cancel any dining reservations, experience reservations and FastPass+ selections you may have made. You will be provided with early access to book new dining and experiences.

As a result of physical distancing, capacity in restaurants and availability of dining experiences is very limited and certain experiences such as Character dining cannot be provided. Because of this, we have also made the difficult decision to cancel and temporarily no longer offer Disney dining plans.

We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry. We will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan. The price of the package will be adjusted accordingly and your modified package and price will be provided in a new confirmation. You will receive a refund of the difference in the package price if you have already paid in full or a reduction in amount due if you have not yet made final payment.

There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We will be contacting you shortly with more details on reservations.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation at any time.

We’re putting a great deal of thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.

Select third party operated restaurants and certain other experiences may not be cancelled.​
"

When people are angry with how slow Disney was handling this can we just think of this. This isn’t easy for them. They have a much much bigger world to change than universal. Universal has 2 parks. Disney has hotels, transportation, 4 parks, families spending thousands coming from all over the world.

Imagine when someone shows up and is a carrier and potentially exposes tens of thousands of people. Cases are going up in places that reopened. We need to be mindful with that when we talk to CMs and get angry with new rules this isn’t their fault.

As a data point for all, this matches the email I just got about my so-far-room-only stay.

It does NOT include the language about valid admission or priority access to the booking system ☹☹

Preparing mentally to not go. Probably for the best.

Well that just sucks. Im sorry for you.

Trying to see if I am understanding this correctly. I have 3 rooms in late July, 2 rooms are for AP holders so we didn't qualify for free dining when our May trip was cancelled since we weren't purchasing a package. Those 2 rooms had AP discounts for the June trip that was cancelled but now are full rack rates for July since there are no AP discounts. Those rooms won't qualify for the 35% off? My 3rd room was a package and received the free dining for the June trip when the May trip was cancelled. Then it went to a full rack rate for the July trip with no free dining. I'm thinking that room may qualify for the 35% off (haven't received an email yet). What good is being an AP? It is getting me nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter