Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you...and this comment might come off as callous (and I really, really hope it doesn’t because I feel so much for the families of those who have lost loved ones) but this slippery slope with immunity certificates makes me feel icky...like maybe we would even see people run out to expose themselves or their families in order to get the freedom that an immunity certificate would provide. While I understand the necessity of the situation we are in, when we talk about stuff like this it makes me ask, “Am I really in America right now?”
I could definitely see once a vaccine is a available that countries require proof for entry. So it’s possible those traveling to the US may need to show proof of vaccination for entry.

I could definitely see once a vaccine is a available that countries require proof for entry. So it’s possible those traveling to the US may need to show proof of vaccination for entry.

How can they require proof for this vaccination, but not for other diseases though?

Because they aren't going to be able to enforce it, already a video going viral of a person being forcibly pulled off a bus in Philly for not having a mask on. If they enforce it hard there will be more and more videos etc. the public outrage alone will be enough to get it lifted.

This is just example what I mentioned eariler upthread about further restirctions rules that will come out this week. These decisions are based on older infomation and the local government moving slowly and in this case too aggressively.

Last edited:

One thing that may be a problem for opening is the fact Disney is headquartered in CA and Newsom is very pro lockdown and shutdowns, he called Disney personally to get them to not allow ESPN to partner with UFC and have fights with no audience on a Indian reservation and Disney agreed.

He potentially could leverage his power to force Disney to not open WDW due to bad optics like he did with UFC. Newsom had no authority of the Indian reservation, but he found a way to shut it down.

The pennies they were going to make on that PPV are not the billions they are losing on the parks being closed. A more likely scenario is that they told him they'd cancel the ppv for him to save face in exchange for him allowing them to open the parks earlier. And even if not, they are going to tell him to pound salt if FL says they can open WDW and he tries to get them not to.

Well, to go to Africa I had to prove I had the yellow fever vaccination. Didn't have to prove it for other parts of the world that I have gone for mission work. Countries can require whatever vaccinations they wish.

I realized after the post said coming into the country. My head was still wrapped around requiring it for Disney. :)

The pennies they were going to make on that PPV are not the billions they are losing on the parks being closed. A more likely scenario is that they told him they'd cancel the ppv for him to save face in exchange for him allowing them to open the parks earlier. And even if not, they are going to tell him to pound salt if FL says they can open WDW and he tries to get them not to.

This is true, losing $60M a day. I was suprised by the overreach of Newsom over a private business over land use outside his jurisdiction.

I’m not sure I understand the question. Are you worried about discriminating against other diseases?

First, I was thinking in terms of Disney not allowing guests in w/out proof of vaccination.

But yes, I suppose discrimination would be the word...I guess?

If I wasn't allowed in because I wasn't vaccinated for Covid, but I am vaccinated for influenza and someone else was allowed in who was vaccinated for Covid, but not vaccinated for the flu - is that fair?

And then someone else who wasn't vaccinated for the flu catches the flu at Disney by someone else Disney let in without a flu vaccination, would Disney then be at fault? (obviously I don't think so, we all take chances, but I'm just saying what will people may do)

Because they aren't going to be able to enforce it, already a video going viral of a person being forcibly pulled off a bus in Philly for not having a mask on. If they enforce it hard there will be more and more videos etc. the public outrage alone will be enough to get it lifted.

This is just example what I mentioned eariler upthread about further restirctions rules that will come out this week. These decisions are based on older infomation and the local government moving slowly and in this case too aggressively.
And yet in more and more countries they are becoming a requirement and people are accepting that.

Certainly required in most east Asia countries and now many European countries in the last couple of weeks have also made it a requirement to wear one when out of the house.

First, I was thinking in terms of Disney not allowing guests in w/out proof of vaccination.

If I wasn't allowed in because I wasn't vaccinated for Covid, but I am vaccinated for influenza and someone else was allowed in who was vaccinated for Covid, but not vaccinated for the flu - is that fair?
I guess requiring for the flu is a bit questionable because more often than not the flu vaccines issued each year turn out to be for the wrong strains of flu!

I guess requiring for the flu is a bit questionable because more often than not the flu vaccines issued each year turn out to be for the wrong strains of flu!

Oh sure. I'm against requiring proof for any of it. I expanded a bit after you quoted me.

Covid will probably mutate strains each year too. I think best bet will be treatment options eventually.

Actually eventually everyone will just live with the fact we have now have flu/covid/cold seasons every year and take whatever precautions they deem necessary.

How can they require proof for this vaccination, but not for other diseases though?

My guess is because those other diseases are under control, and honestly, not really a big public health threat anymore.

Doing it in NJ. Very easy to comply with

This. Not sure why people think it's such a big deal. Almost everyone is wearing masks here in public - adults, kids etc... It's really not that big of a deal. It's the idea of it more than anything. People don't like change. And Covid is about to cause a LOT of change, lol.

And then someone else who wasn't vaccinated for the flu catches the flu at Disney by someone else Disney let in without a flu vaccination, would Disney then be at fault? (obviously I don't think so, we all take chances, but I'm just saying what will people may do)
Seems we were talking about something different. I was just thinking it could effect those from outside the US trying to travel to Disney. Not that Disney itself would require it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/south...ZkuZvVua3f5hx2CksG6EehGLeDAriY2--PkBQMG7E2RQI
Sharing this for two reasons:

1. The discussion has always been focused on herd immunity, whether through vaccination or infection. If the virus is able to reactivate, that poses a big problem. To me, this is one of the most pressing questions we now need answered.

2. Look at the photo of the dining tables. Do we think Disney could possibly install some sort of shield/barrier similar to this in their restaurants for example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter