Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need Opinions. Especially from Florida folks. I have reservations and tickets/Passes beginning July 11. I don't know what to do!?! Help!!! Please leave your opinion. No fighting! It's my hubs, me another couple and our two boys. I worry about my kids. Thanks in advance!!!!
Like others have said you need to decide for yourselves.

For us we are early 40's, have 2 kids 13 and 10 with no underlying conditions. The risk isn't that great for us. Greatest risk is for those over 80 or those over 65 with comorbidities. There is still a VERY small risk something really bad could happen for other age groups but that's the risk you'll have to decide for yourself. Will you catch Covid? it's definitely possible for sure.

yes and more than half the deaths have been from nursing homes and 96% are from people over the age of 55. Clearly still terrible but for the average family going to Disney they are more likely to die driving to the airport then from Covid. Just stay away from your grandma when you return

I hate the fact that this doesn’t make me feel less anxious when it should lol

I really wish we had a time frame for TRON. That will factor in to when we activate our APs. Our plan was to activate in October assuming TRON would open sometime in 2021 and we’d have several chances to ride it.

By time I get back to Disney, I won’t recognize it.

Need Opinions. Especially from Florida folks. I have reservations and tickets/Passes beginning July 11. I don't know what to do!?! Help!!! Please leave your opinion. No fighting! It's my hubs, me another couple and our two boys. I worry about my kids. Thanks in advance!!!!
Here are a few thoughts - you may want to see if there are any quarantine restrictions from your home state. Florida has some depending on where you are coming from.

I am a local and not concerned about safety at Disney - I am significantly more concerned about what the experience will be like with reduced hours, no fireworks, no parades, no character interactions, and menu changes at many places.

Since you have a resort reservation and tickets, have you got park passes for each day for all in your party? A few days have filled up already for a few parks. Remember there is no park hoping too.

In the end its a risk just like almost anything.

Question - I have an AP and months ago we bought a 4 day ticket for my future DH. We now want to go to the park 5 days this August on our honeymoon trip. I know new 2020 tickets are not available, but has anyone had success changing the amount of days on an already existing ticket for 2020?

If you personally feel uncomfortable or questioning it, I think you answered your own question and shouldn’t go.

We plan on going in August. We already take the risk daily. My husband is a police officer, we don’t get the day to day luxury of not potentially being exposed.

So much of the focus is on the risk of dying, but there is a significant chance of getting sick even for younger lower risk adults. Friends/coworkers/family in there 20s-40s that I know that have had it have varied from 1 week of feeling really run down to 5 weeks in bed feeling like a train hit them (if you’ve ever had a 2 week influenza or walking pneumonia it can be similar for non severe cases.) What are the consequences if you do get sick for a couple of weeks- is it okay to miss that much work, would you all be okay quarantined if someone in the family gets it, any parents or other older/at risk coworkers or people you’ll see when you get back?

In a crowd that sized for several days you WILL be in contact with CoVid people- whether you catch it and whether it’s asymptomatic is unknown

They aren't stopping anyone. They're only stopping people pulling up to the front gate in a car. I would also bet they open up restaurants to anyone very soon as they are practically all empty.
I agree.

We were the only people in all of Sanaa for lunch and Olivia's for breakfast this week

People were using busses from DS to go to other hotels. I dont see why those people couldn't eat in the restaurants if they wanted to without a reservation.

Question - I have an AP and months ago we bought a 4 day ticket for my future DH. We now want to go to the park 5 days this August on our honeymoon trip. I know new 2020 tickets are not available, but has anyone had success changing the amount of days on an already existing ticket for 2020?
Tried and was told they cannot modify tickets right now. Hoping that changes in the next couple weeks.

So much of the focus is on the risk of dying, but there is a significant chance of getting sick even for younger lower risk adults. Friends/coworkers/family in there 20s-40s that I know that have had it have varied from 1 week of feeling really run down to 5 weeks in bed feeling like a train hit them (if you’ve ever had a 2 week influenza or walking pneumonia it can be similar for non severe cases.) What are the consequences if you do get sick for a couple of weeks- is it okay to miss that much work, would you all be okay quarantined if someone in the family gets it, any parents or other older/at risk coworkers or people you’ll see when you get back?

In a crowd that sized for several days you WILL be in contact with CoVid people- whether you catch it and whether it’s asymptomatic is unknown
So are you staying in your house 24/7? People with COVID are everywhere and will be everywhere until a vaccine is developed.

Is this against the rules right now?? I had no idea! I want to say @yulilin3 also recommended it in her livestream the other day.
I hope it's not... I really want to do it when I go in August! From what I have heard, they are so strict with people driving in-- even checking the number of people in the car as compared to the dining reservation scheduled. 😒

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter