Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
California Grill already has spacing markers out on their deck, so they are planning ahead for fireworks at some point!

I wonder if they could do just without people in the park - socially distance at the Contemporary, on the Poly beach, the Grand dock, the TTC, heck have the ferries out in the water while they go off.

Just feels like with crowds even today it would be hard to socially distance with all those people in the hub/Main St

Or maybe they start doing paid after hours events with even lower crowds

I just got a push notification from MDE that took me to a little video then to the changes/new information page. I took as many screenshots as I could!

Arrival July 19.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200711-172603_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200711-172603_Disney World.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20200711-172607_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200711-172607_Disney World.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20200711-172612_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200711-172612_Disney World.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20200711-172615_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200711-172615_Disney World.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20200711-172622_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200711-172622_Disney World.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20200711-172618_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200711-172618_Disney World.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20200711-172624_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200711-172624_Disney World.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20200711-172628_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200711-172628_Disney World.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20200711-172633_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200711-172633_Disney World.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20200711-172643_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200711-172643_Disney World.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 53
I know it’s a little further back at this point, but I think people are going to drive themselves crazy focusing on rumours or even fact (if we are privy to it) about infected CMs or employees elsewhere. Also when people start talking about coming home and testing positive, or getting sick while on their trips.

In a hot spot especially, it’s inevitable. If you are comfortable going out you need to trust that the places you’re going to are acting responsibly and also have enough precautions in place to keep you as safe as possible in the event there are contagious people around, and also the risks that come with being around contagious people even if things are executed perfectly.

It doesn’t matter if that twitter account is true or false. Know that it can go either way and act accordingly, it’s all you can do.

Well just got back from universal where i profusely thanked all TM, went to guest relations and told them how much i appreciate the way they are treating their APs . Hearing that Disney is selling same day tickets at the window is making me so upset.
Based on your experience with the crowd levels, or anyone who was there today

Anyone see fireworks being a socially distanced option?

As much as I love the fireworks the thing with them is that they are scheduled. And when there is a set schedule people will camp out a spot well ahead of time and this feeds into people crowding for an hour or so pre fireworks. This in turn leads to more congestion for people just trying to move through the park at the these spots making social distancing more difficult.

I think they CAN be socially distanced. I think Seaworld did a pretty decent job of it for their 4th of July show. Again that was after the park closed so they had a ton of real estate to use to space people out. But I think Disney is and should be focusing on getting people to abide by the guidelines with what they are offering right now and fireworks may come into play at some time but I don't think it will be in 2020. (Obviously its just my feelings on the matter...if that's worth anything, lol. )

Last edited:

It's just, that statement I bolded sounds a touch like shaming. Kind of like a "bless your heart" type statement. And it's a real possibility I'm reading it with a different intent than you meant it and if so, mea culpa!!!

I honestly think most of the participants on this thread are going into this with their eyes wide open.

Outside of a few outliers, I don't see the deniers (on this thread) that people keep bringing up. I don't see people on this thread that think they have zero chance of getting Covid at Disney. I really don't!

I have seen posts where people seem to imply people not going are overreacting and I don't think those posts are called for either. :)
Well I guess I’m referring to the outliers as you call them...

As far as what you bolded yes my friend you misread my intention. I am nothing but sincere in wishing that the concerns keeping me away prove to be completely unfounded And that nobody has any problems. I have met too many good people on here that have helped me plan trips to in any way hope for anything but safe and fun travel for everybody...I would rather be “wrong” than have 1 person get sick...

Ok, I’m not a basketball person (baseball and football are my preferences) but this NBA/WDW content is honestly making my day. :rotfl: Matisse Thybulle has started vlogging his bubble experience. He’s staying at the Grand, for anyone who wants to see the other side of the blue fence.

He did a really slick editing job on this, great stuff. This is exactly the kind of content I've been dying to see. Subscribed immediately!

But it's not like pee evaporates when you use hand sanitizer...hand sanitizer only kills bacteria...and yes, the touchpoints afterwards🤢

I don't buy the "not comfortable to wash hands" excuse. ALWAYS wash your hands after using a restroom. But again, these are people who never did before and aren't going to start now.
How about peeing,not touching anything, not flushing and using your foot to open the door. Probably a safer bet then touching a public toilet or a sink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter