Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the park supposed to open at 10am?

How do they expect everyone to get through the toll booth, park, get temp screened, get through security and get through the tapstyles in less than 30 minutes? All while supposedly socially distancing??

They don't...they want to spread the opening crowd without saying they are spreading the opening crowd. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if parking lots only opened 10-15 minutes before official park open and then parking was done in a slow, methodical process.

It will be interesting to see when the Skyliner starts in the morning for the HS line and whether it becomes the optimal way of getting into the park at 10am.

If I'm betting - No more than 30 minutes for park open...and it may not start til even later than that...

So, with all the plexiglass everywhere now...are they setting up to do spray cleanings for that every hour? every 2 hours? once a day? That's a LOT of new cleanings to deal with...

Larger groups together than I expected in Rise

It doesn't look like there are any markers down in the room. Disney please do us all a favor and don't leave it up to people to try and eyeball 6 feet....because while they aren't jam packed...they definitely arent socially distanced as well as they should be.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and sure it messes with themeing, but that so far down the list of priorities right now. I would think they will address this before it opens to the public. Just seems like a bad PR example waiting to happen if you leave it without markers or don't limit more people going through the hangar.

Last edited:

To be fair though, just because these are not your personal thoughts doesn't mean that someone else should be poked fun at for having thoughts that differ and wanting to discuss them. It is a forum for discussion after all. It's okay to have differing thoughts and opinions. I wonder the same thing as the OP. I'm curious to see if Disney will make enough to make it worth it myself. I imagine it's a huge expense in just electricity let alone food prep etc.

Sure. I agree, both sides are "poking fun" at each other in various threads throughout these boards.

Such is the nature of discussion boards.

This room has been talked about as a possible distancing problem on here for weeks, if not a couple of months. You’d think if that crossed our minds, it would for Disney and they would have been on top of it as soon as they opened up. Apparently not.

They really just needed to leave it all up to us. You and I would have had the AP situation dealt with wonderfully for sure 😄

Have there been any photos from the holding room before Smuggler’s Run? That is a space where I was sort of uncomfortable before COVID just because the lack of any clear usual Disney direction like circles or numbers on the floor made it unclear where you were supposed to go and with people walking around and talking the first time I rode I did not hear them calling my color. It was just a chaotic space that a lot of people did not seem to know how to behave in (probably because it is so different from everywhere else at WDW where they tell you where to stand at every turn 😂) Anyway I remember having to squeeze by people in that space to get to the CM calling my color - feels like it could also be problematic for distancing.

"Some guests are listening but some are crowding up" .... always going to come down to that, really hard for Disney to force everyone to space out in places like that if they don't want to

I kind of think they’re going to have to put dividers up in that room if it continues to be an issue, do they not have the wait here stickers in the queue like part like other attractions? Those seem to be working well at MK and AK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter