Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 out of every 10 posts I make, whether theyre on topic or not, get deleted. Ive become numb to it at this point. I know who reports my comments, and its people that I have blocked

Bingo. I found that using the block feature really has improved my DISboards experience.

I am at a loss as to why my last post was deleted. This is honestly getting old.
Moderators, it would be courteous to send a pm to those who have a post deleted on why you did that. Just as important as wearing a mask at the parks...
Thank you! Then I would at least know what I'm supposed to avoid saying. I literally was just replying to two different people. One about school restarting remotely, and another about them seeing the family with the "quarentine" shirts.
Yes it is incredibly important to wear a mask at the parks which is required however this thread is not here to sit here and analyze a photo someone took of someone improperly wearing one.

I dont think crowds will go up much more. Fall sports are starting soon and school right after that. I can't see people taking kids out of school to go to Florida and then in some states they have to quarantine when they get back for 2 weeks.
While I generally agree with you there will be many more people going when all annual pass holders are allowed in the parks. There are several AP classifications that are currently blacked out until August 7 (I think that is the date). Many of us in FL have seasonal passes.

Last edited:

While I generally agree with you there will be many more people going when all annual pass holders are allowed in the parks. There are several AP classifications that are currently blacked out until August 8 (I think that is the date). Many of us in FL have seasonal passes.

I guess that will depend on what limits Disney has set on attendance numbers though? Maybe it will just be harder for AP's to get park reservations?

We may be weird, but we just did 5 park days with 1 mask per person. I washed them each night. I did try the disposable mask one day just to see if it made a difference. It didn’t make a whole lot of difference from our cloth masks. I wore just the one disposable mask for the whole day. Granted, it was for a day with no rain (yesterday). I mean, you’re hot and sweaty head to toe anyway.

We DID have both alternate cloth masks and disposable ones in our park bag, but why mess with others when the kids (4 and 6) were doing well with the ones they were wearing?

Mine is in August and I know its going to be “crowded”. Unless things start turning much worse and Disney completely loses control of the enforcement at the parks, I think week by week you’re going to see a little more and a little more and then you’ll start seeing maybe 2 of the buckets completely filled. Even at full current capacity, there will be room in the parks to walk around, but the ride lines would get very long because of the social distancing on the rides, and in the lines, and the ride vehicles having to be cleaned, etc.
While I generally agree with you there will be many more people going when all annual pass holders are allowed in the parks. There are several AP classifications that are currently blacked out until August 7 (I think that is the date). Many of us in FL have seasonal passes.
There won’t be that many more people. The number are capped at each park for three different categories. Until Disney raises their capacity the crowds currently at Hollywood Studios are about as crowded as it will get. Until Disney starts to fill all four parks from all three different buckets regularly, they won’t consider increasing capacity. Even when that happens, the situation on the ground in Florida with COVID-19 will be took into consideration before increasing capacity for PR reasons. I think we are talking months not weeks before park capacity increases.

They will figure out ways to bring back high margin experiences before they increase capacity.

Spent the day in MK and saw better mask compliance than I was expecting! I also saw CM remind the guests who had them below the nose. Felt crowded in spots but never overwhelming. In 4 hours we were able to ride all 3 mountains, 7DMT, HM, Pirates, and Buzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter