Cruise with 21 Y/O Full Time Wheelchair User

CUGrad

Earning My Ears
Hi - I’m curious if anyone has experienced a Disney Cruise with a young adult in a wheelchair. My daughter with severe CP loves all things Disney and we’ve done WDW multiple times. I’ve started wondering if a cruise would be good for her. It seems like she’d be excluded from kids activities because of her age and abilities. I just don’t know what she’d be able to do on the cruise. If anyone has experience that they’d be willing to share, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

Although she would be excluded from the kids closed programming due to age, there are still activities to do.

The kids clubs have scheduled open houses throughout the cruise in which ANYONE can go check out the club that is having it. We (2 adults) enjoy going to just see what they have, and to try out some of the simulators.

Outside the clubs, there are numerous family-friendly activities open to all ages, such as craft-making, towel folding class, trivia contests, etc. There are generally held in the various nightclub/bars that at night are adult-only but during the day are open to all.

There are also, of course, the character meet and greets, which again are open to anyone.

Then there are the various adult activities, like mixology classes [there is a fee for those], and a tour of the public areas of the ship that goes into various of the design elements [we found it quite fascinating and have done it more than once, learning something new each time].

And just hanging out and relaxing :-)

SW

She can do plenty on board. Trivia, shows, meet n greets, lounges to listen to live music, various enrichment events such as towel animal making, lie in the sun, take a dip in the pool. I don’t remember if any of the hot tubs had a lift, though

I just had to laugh at this - “towel folding class”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter