Cruising towards 10 days of fun... a July/Nov 2012- & We're BACK!!! Pg.50-51

Present!!!

Sounds like great trips. I can't think of better reasons to celebrate.

Yay for two trips. You're making me feel less bad. :rolleyes1 And what a fantastic way to celebrate Juliana. I can't believe how old she looks in the Christmas photo. How does that happen? :confused3 I keep trying to figure out when Max went from being a toddler to being a little kid. Must have been while we were in Disney. :lmao: I'm betting the cruise is out of NYC...the question is long or short? Hmm....

Lets just say there is a REALLY good chance we could meet up this time. :banana: ...as my dates for WDW are Nov 8-11th right now....As long as all goes well. Claire and I are cruising the 4th-8th and the plan is for us to take a few days at WDW then. :dance3:

I'm really trying not to plan until park hours at MVMCP dates are out. I will be arriving on the 5th with just my daughter. We will be staying at POR in a Royal room for 2 nights. Then on the 7th my DS,DH, BIL, SIL, niece, nephew, MIL and FIL arrive and we will be staying at the BC until the 11th. That's all I have for now.
I hear ya on the park hours. I think I'm going to sign up for the crowd calendar on touringplans and try to get a preliminary schedule going. We only have a few months till ADR time! :eek:

Hey Tim!!! You know I am excited for another PTR from you!!
:welcome: Tink!!!!! Are you doing a PTR? TR? The wedding is coming up quick!!! :woohoo:

Too bad you're not going in August! We could've met up!
I know! :goodvibes

popcorn:: waiting for details......
I think I'm gonna work on some details tonight. :surfweb:

YAY for TWO trips to Disney!!

The best reason of all to celebrate in July -- 5 years is fantastic to celebrate, especially when it IS most of your life.:lovestruc
She is a trooper and deserves to celebrate! :yay:

Your group trip looks like it will be fun.....but you're not planning for everyone, are you?
Well, it is a cooperative planning. I think when we don't agree, we will have some time apart. I guess I am taking the lead in the planning though. :rolleyes1

(and yeah, Kathy will have words....:laughing::laughing:)
Ya think???? :confused3 :lmao::lmao:

(Judy your excitement at being on the front page had me cracking up!)
I know... she is too funny!

WOW!!! Two fabulous trips in the works, very cool:thumbsup2 so was the cruising a clue? When is the cruise? details please :goodvibes
:welcome: Jessica! I'll be getting to the details very soon... cruise you say? What cruise? :confused3 :lmao:

:wave: Coming by to check in! Be back to actually read everything later. :goodvibes What a fun rainy day, we're having, huh? :sad2:
Hey Tina! Today was crummy... at least it warmed up some. This is the opposite of last winter huh?

Present!!!

Sounds like great trips. I can't think of better reasons to celebrate.
Hey Pat! Thanks for reading even though I've been horrible with your report... I did tell you that I subbed though didn't I? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yay for two trips. You're making me feel less bad.
Do your thing! That AP needs to get some use!!!

And what a fantastic way to celebrate Juliana. I can't believe how old she looks in the Christmas photo. How does that happen? :confused3 I keep trying to figure out when Max went from being a toddler to being a little kid. Must have been while we were in Disney. :lmao: I'm betting the cruise is out of NYC...the question is long or short? Hmm....
She is such a little lady now. She doesn't look like a baby anymore.

Another one thinking about a cruise... now what gave you that idea?:confused3:confused3

How did I miss the start......Gosh I've been dying to read this......
Well, I just started! You haven't missed anything! :)

Lets just say there is a REALLY good chance we could meet up this time. :banana: ...as my dates for WDW are Nov 8-11th right now....As long as all goes well. Claire and I are cruising the 4th-8th and the plan is for us to take a few days at WDW then. :dance3:
Oh yea! We will have to meet up!!!!! See, this whole thing is already coming together! :worship: :woohoo::woohoo:

I'm here! Yeah for celebrating 5 years of Ana being cancer free!
:welcome: thanks for joining!!!!!! We are going to be celebrating too! :wizard:

It was last fall when Melody and I were trying to figure out what to do to celebrate Juliana's 5 year anniversary of being cancer free. Why make a big deal for 5 years?

Doctors who treat people with cancer use five-year survival rates as one way to measure treatment success. The five-year survival rate means the percentage of patients with the disease who are alive five years after their disease was diagnosed. Wilms tumor, what Juliana had, with the favorable histology subtype has a 90% to 98% survival rate. (taken from the internet)

So out of the 60 million children in the US under 15 only 500 children are diagnosed with a Wilms Tumor each year. Even though she had a good prognosis, there are still around 50 of those children who don't make it to the 5 year mark.

We are having a huge party at the end of the summer but we wanted to do something extra special for her. Last spring (yea, I've been keeping this secret for a while), we heard that Disney would start cruises from NYC. Melody & I looked at each other and knew this would be perfect for her! We booked a 2 day Disney cruise to nowhere from NY on the Magic! Currently we are have a Category 11A - Standard Inside Stateroom booked but who knows... I might splurge for a balcony. I also hear we might be able to upgrade when we arrived for a discounted price if there are open staterooms. I guess we will have to wait and see about that....

disney_magic.jpg

The cruise leaves Friday July 13 from NYC and arrives on Sunday July 15 back in NYC. The ship goes out to sea and does a big loop.

Disney.jpg

A few years ago, Melody & I took a Norwegian 1 night cruise to nowhere leaving NYC and we saw some amazing sights.......

DSC07632.jpg

DSC07636.jpg

DSC07627.jpg

DSC07649.jpg

This was in January 2010... I think it will be a tad warmer leaving in July. :rotfl2:

Oh yea.... Juliana has no idea we are going on this trip! As of now Melody & I have Christopher on the reservation but we think we might have Melody's mom watch him for the weekend. Then we can give Juliana all the attention- she been missing some since Christopher arrived. We have a few more months before we have to make a final decision.

More about our July trip coming up soon!

It was last fall when Melody and I were trying to figure out what to do to celebrate Juliana's 5 year anniversary of being cancer free. Why make a big deal for 5 years?

Doctors who treat people with cancer use five-year survival rates as one way to measure treatment success. The five-year survival rate means the percentage of patients with the disease who are alive five years after their disease was diagnosed. Wilms tumor, what Juliana had, with the favorable histology subtype has a 90% to 98% survival rate. (taken from the internet)

So out of the 60 million children in the US under 15 only 500 children are diagnosed with a Wilms Tumor each year. Even though she had a good prognosis, there are still around 50 of those children who don't make it to the 5 year mark.

We are having a huge party at the end of the summer but we wanted to do something extra special for her. Last spring (yea, I've been keeping this secret for a while), we heard that Disney would start cruises from NYC. Melody & I looked at each other and knew this would be perfect for her! We booked a 2 day Disney cruise to nowhere from NY on the Magic! Currently we are have a Category 11A - Standard Inside Stateroom booked but who knows... I might splurge for a balcony. I also hear we might be able to upgrade when we arrived for a discounted price if there are open staterooms. I guess we will have to wait and see about that....

disney_magic.jpg

The cruise leaves Friday July 13 from NYC and arrives on Sunday July 15 back in NYC. The ship goes out to sea and does a big loop.

Disney.jpg

A few years ago, Melody & I took a Norwegian 1 night cruise to nowhere leaving NYC and we saw some amazing sights.......

DSC07632.jpg

DSC07636.jpg

DSC07627.jpg

DSC07649.jpg

This was in January 2010... I think it will be a tad warmer leaving in July. :rotfl2:

Oh yea.... Juliana has no idea we are going on this trip! As of now Melody & I have Christopher on the reservation but we think we might have Melody's mom watch him for the weekend. Then we can give Juliana all the attention- she been missing some since Christopher arrived. We have a few more months before we have to make a final decision.

More about our July trip coming up soon!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

What a wonderful way to celebrate Ana's anniversary! you will love the Magic (we went on it in 2005) :love:

:rolleyes1 how did I know you were going on a cruise :confused3

so happy you all will get this special time together, what a relaxing weekend :cloud9:

can't wait to hear more about the details!

I love the cruise idea! How wonderful! And Juliana is going to love cruising with Disney! :goodvibes

Just a bit of advice if you really think of upgrading your stateroom - Disney tends to increase the prices (quite a bit) the closer you get to your cruise. One of our 4 day cruises went up more than 60% until travel time. So IF you really think about a balcony stateroom - which is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! don't wait too long! ;)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: for celebrating sweet Julianna's 5 year mark!

I remembered you talking about that cruise on FB. It does look like fun. I agree with you about possibly leaving Christopher with Melody's parents. If it is an option, I would use it. There really isn't much for a baby on cruise ships(they aren't even aloud in the pools). Plus, I know when I had DD, by the time she was 6months old my son was really missing me. He understood, as I'm sure Ana does, but he still really wanted some "Jack time".

You mentioned touring plans for Nov. I have looked at them. The weekends are going to be crowded(9 out of 10) but during the week looks great. I think I'm only going to make a few ADR's. The family doesn't like to be tied down to them:sad2:. So, I will make 2 or 3 for Meadow and I ( probably H&V, CP, and maybe a princess one) then maybe 1 breakfast( Cape May maybe) and 1 dinner for the rest of the week. I'm also going to look into a private Illuminations desert party for maybe the 10th. We will be celebrating my niece's 10th birthday and Meadow's 3rd while we are there.

Again, so happy for Juliana and all of you. :goodvibes I knew I was right. :yay: I doubt any of us that live in the Northeast haven't seriously considered a cruise since Disney announced they were leaving from NYC starting this summer. I thought about the cruise to nowhere, too, but then...oh, yeah...the AP thing. We had considered it as a possible Disney option with my Dad, as there wouldn't be a ton of walking involved, but he's got a zillion health issues that make long-term planning kind of complicated. Oh well. I'm sure we'll do a Disney cruise one of these days.

I can't wait to hear all about it, though. :thumbsup2

The cruise sounds like the perfect place to celebrate!!! Does it sail out of Manhattan or Brooklyn? I'm sure Juliana is going to LOVE it!! :goodvibes

What a great way to celebrate Ana's Anniversary. :goodvibes

There's a group of disney fans from another disney forum going on a disney cruise those dates as well.

There's a group of disney fans from another disney forum going on a disney cruise those dates as well.

I know. is it WDw radio you are talking about...It's apodcast cruise, which we didn't know about when we booked. I would've pushed for the week after if I had known that.

What a wonderful way to celebrate Ana's anniversary! you will love the Magic (we went on it in 2005) :love:
Melody & I love cruising. This will be Juliana's first cruise. I think she will like it too. Now I hope we have a weekend of good weather! popcorn::

how did I know you were going on a cruise
Either you have followed but subtle hints or a little birdie told you... :confused3

so happy you all will get this special time together, what a relaxing weekend :cloud9:

can't wait to hear more about the details!
I'll post some more details soon! :goodvibes

I love the cruise idea! How wonderful! And Juliana is going to love cruising with Disney!

I know she will love it. I am so excited! I can't wait to surprise her! :goodvibes

Just a bit of advice if you really think of upgrading your stateroom - Disney tends to increase the prices (quite a bit) the closer you get to your cruise. One of our 4 day cruises went up more than 60% until travel time. So IF you really think about a balcony stateroom - which is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! don't wait too long!
Thanks for the tip. I actually spoke with our TA about this very thing. It seems that the NYC cruises haven't budged in price. That is telling me they aren't selling many rooms- which is a bad thing. I want DCL to stay in NY.

:woohoo: for celebrating sweet Julianna's 5 year mark!
:woohoo::yay::woohoo:

I remembered you talking about that cruise on FB. It does look like fun. I agree with you about possibly leaving Christopher with Melody's parents. If it is an option, I would use it. There really isn't much for a baby on cruise ships(they aren't even aloud in the pools). Plus, I know when I had DD, by the time she was 6months old my son was really missing me. He understood, as I'm sure Ana does, but he still really wanted some "Jack time".
I would say there is a 70% chance he stays with Melody's mom. I guess we will have to book another cruise so Christopher can join us! :lmao:

You mentioned touring plans for Nov. I have looked at them. The weekends are going to be crowded(9 out of 10) but during the week looks great. I think I'm only going to make a few ADR's. The family doesn't like to be tied down to them:sad2:. So, I will make 2 or 3 for Meadow and I ( probably H&V, CP, and maybe a princess one) then maybe 1 breakfast( Cape May maybe) and 1 dinner for the rest of the week. I'm also going to look into a private Illuminations desert party for maybe the 10th. We will be celebrating my niece's 10th birthday and Meadow's 3rd while we are there.
I can deal with it being busy on Sat (11/3) I don't think we are going to a park that day. I think our first park day will be (11/4). Sounds like you have a plan! Any PTR in your future? :confused3 ;)

Again, so happy for Juliana and all of you. :goodvibes I knew I was right. :yay: I doubt any of us that live in the Northeast haven't seriously considered a cruise since Disney announced they were leaving from NYC starting this summer. I thought about the cruise to nowhere, too, but then...oh, yeah...the AP thing. We had considered it as a possible Disney option with my Dad, as there wouldn't be a ton of walking involved, but he's got a zillion health issues that make long-term planning kind of complicated. Oh well. I'm sure we'll do a Disney cruise one of these days.

I can't wait to hear all about it, though. :thumbsup2
So you can fit in a weekend cruise to nowhere and still get use out of that AP you have there! I hear the July 13th sailing is going to be awesome! :lmao:

I really hope DCL stays in NYC....hummmm... maybe I wish it doesn't. I can see more money being spent if it stays. :rotfl::rotfl:

The cruise sounds like the perfect place to celebrate!!! Does it sail out of Manhattan or Brooklyn? I'm sure Juliana is going to LOVE it!! :goodvibes
It sails out of Manhattan as far as I know. On the west side is where the docks are... OK I just checked the cruise schedule and the Magic is sailing from Manhattan

http://www.nycruise.com/scheduleNYC.html

I'll have more info coming up but I'm sure she will have a blast!!!! :goodvibes

I know. is it WDw radio you are talking about...It's apodcast cruise, which we didn't know about when we booked. I would've pushed for the week after if I had known that.
Do you think that the WDW radio will affect the cruise? Or do you think it will just be busier? Can't you flip it to the next week and do WDW first?:confused3

http://www.nycruise.com/scheduleNYC.html

Do you think that the WDW radio will affect the cruise? Or do you think it will just be busier? Can't you flip it to the next week and do WDW first?:confused3

I am hoping it won't. Because we have 16 people going, we won't be able to change the dates, m,ostly because my sister was the one who chose this date because of her DD's school.
I don't think it will be any busier, because DCL tends to sell out their cruises....and our Dream cruise last Spring was at capacity. my worry is only that they set stuff up for the podcast in public areas, and make it so us regular Joes have a problem doing something that we could normally do. If I had known earlier, before booking, I think I would've presented that to the family too, and tried to persuade them for another date. I also think we are missing the Christmas decorations by 1 week on the ship. (If they go by last years schedule) :rolleyes:

You will love the cruise. I thought about doing the cruise to nowhere with the kids but DH and I decided to do the 8 night Bahama cruise the next week. I love that we don't need to book airfare for a Disney Cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter