Cruising towards 10 days of fun... a July/Nov 2012- & We're BACK!!! Pg.50-51

Melody & I love cruising. This will be Juliana's first cruise. I think she will like it too. Now I hope we have a weekend of good weather! popcorn::

Either you have followed but subtle hints or a little birdie told you... :confused3

I'll post some more details soon! :goodvibes

I know she will love it. I am so excited! I can't wait to surprise her! :goodvibes

nope, no birdie! subtle hints :confused3 didn't see any of those :rolleyes1 I figured it out all on my own :rotfl: I'm a smart cookie you know :rotfl::rotfl:

Megan was almost 5 when we went on the Magic! so much fun! make sure Ana check's out the kid camp, tons of fun stuff! and the food is WONDERFUL!!

are you waiting until you get to the ship to surprise her?

Hi Tim!! ;) It's been awhile, I know! I've continued to be swamped with life and most of the time I only have time to read a few posts on the DIS here and there. I have kept up with yours, but haven't had time to post as most as I'd like.

I'm really excited for you guys and can't wait to hear all about it! :cool1: We've had our Dream cruise booked since last April (14 months out) and we're now down to the 4 month range and it's all my DS talks about. We are so very excited :)

Congrats on the milestone for Juliana - that is certainly something to celebrate. :banana: I don't think I've ever shared this, however I'm also a cancer survivor and was very "lucky". I had a red patch on my arm for awhile and my gut told me to get it checked and I pressed my dermatologist to biopsy it and when it came back, she was shocked it was Melanoma. Luckily it was Melanoma In Situ which is like stage 0, however I had two surgeries with the second involving a skin graft so it wasn't fun and it looks like a bear took a bite out of my arm, but hey - I'M ALIVE. It's very strange to be afraid of the SUN at times, but I have to keep living. I've had other small basal cell's removed and scary - I'm pale white but that's why I have the "risk factors". This Feb/Mar will be my 3rd year :)

Christopher is so adorable :lovestruc Congrats again!

Take care,
Heather

Well, looky looky! What do we have here?? A that's nice PTR!!:yay: Yay!

Of course I'll be following along! Though, did you ever finish your TR yet? Aren't you supposed to finish one before you start another?;)

Oh, what a fabulous reason to return! Juliana's cancer free trip. Perfect! I think it's wonderful, just wonderful!:goodvibes She is a beautiful living reason to hope Tim. Her story is amazing and inspiring. (I've been following sweet Erin's carepage, poor thing.)

Looking forward to all the plans. November should be an awesome time to go too.:thumbsup2

I am hoping it won't. Because we have 16 people going, we won't be able to change the dates, m,ostly because my sister was the one who chose this date because of her DD's school.
I don't think it will be any busier, because DCL tends to sell out their cruises....and our Dream cruise last Spring was at capacity. my worry is only that they set stuff up for the podcast in public areas, and make it so us regular Joes have a problem doing something that we could normally do. If I had known earlier, before booking, I think I would've presented that to the family too, and tried to persuade them for another date. I also think we are missing the Christmas decorations by 1 week on the ship. (If they go by last years schedule) :rolleyes:
WOW 16 people???? :eek:

You will have a blast regardless of what is happening on the cruise.... but I can see where there might be a few common areas where the podcast crew might have something going on.

You will love the cruise. I thought about doing the cruise to nowhere with the kids but DH and I decided to do the 8 night Bahama cruise the next week. I love that we don't need to book airfare for a Disney Cruise.
Ooooooohh your going on the 8 night? Awesome! It is nice not having to fork down close to $1K for airfare! :thumbsup2

nope, no birdie! subtle hints :confused3 didn't see any of those :rolleyes1 I figured it out all on my own :rotfl: I'm a smart cookie you know :rotfl::rotfl:
Ummm hummmmm......

Megan was almost 5 when we went on the Magic! so much fun! make sure Ana check's out the kid camp, tons of fun stuff! and the food is WONDERFUL!!
We won't have a ton of time on the ship so we are going to try to live it up! We are planning on getting to the port very early. We want to get on the ship as early as possible. How did Megan do on the cruise? Was 5 a good age?

are you waiting until you get to the ship to surprise her?
Yea. We aren't telling her about the cruise. I guess we will have to tell her something... maybe we will say we are staying in the city for the night. :confused3

Yes, I'll be doing both a PTR and a TR. Our 180 mark for ADR's is in February, so I'll start a PTR once we get those made. :goodvibes
Nice!!!! I wonder where you want to eat.... popcorn:: I'm sure you have some special meals planned! :goodvibes

Hi Tim!! ;) It's been awhile, I know! I've continued to be swamped with life and most of the time I only have time to read a few posts on the DIS here and there. I have kept up with yours, but haven't had time to post as most as I'd like.
I totally understand! I wasn't DISing for a while... probably why it took me almost a year to write a TR! :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm really excited for you guys and can't wait to hear all about it! :cool1: We've had our Dream cruise booked since last April (14 months out) and we're now down to the 4 month range and it's all my DS talks about. We are so very excited :)
NICE!!!!! It kinda stinks we can't talk about it with Juliana. I'm sure she would be getting super excited too!

Which cruise are you going on a 3 or 4 day?

Congrats on the milestone for Juliana - that is certainly something to celebrate. :banana: I don't think I've ever shared this, however I'm also a cancer survivor and was very "lucky". I had a red patch on my arm for awhile and my gut told me to get it checked and I pressed my dermatologist to biopsy it and when it came back, she was shocked it was Melanoma. Luckily it was Melanoma In Situ which is like stage 0, however I had two surgeries with the second involving a skin graft so it wasn't fun and it looks like a bear took a bite out of my arm, but hey - I'M ALIVE. It's very strange to be afraid of the SUN at times, but I have to keep living. I've had other small basal cell's removed and scary - I'm pale white but that's why I have the "risk factors". This Feb/Mar will be my 3rd year :)
Congratulations on year 3 of being cancer free!!!!!! :woohoo:

That is scary! We are very careful with Juliana and the sun but I feel that Melody & I aren't that careful. We are out in the sun all summer and while I use sunscreen there are plenty of times I get burned. Luckily, I don't have any skin issues.

Christopher is so adorable :lovestruc Congrats again!
Thank you!!!! He is getting so big already! He'll be 6 months old this week! :goodvibes

Well, looky looky! What do we have here?? A that's nice PTR!!:yay: Yay!
Hey Molly! Thanks for stopping by!

Of course I'll be following along! Though, did you ever finish your TR yet? Aren't you supposed to finish one before you start another?;)
YES I finished it.... guess you haven't been over there in a while... :surfweb: :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Oh, what a fabulous reason to return! Juliana's cancer free trip. Perfect! I think it's wonderful, just wonderful!:goodvibes She is a beautiful living reason to hope Tim. Her story is amazing and inspiring. (I've been following sweet Erin's carepage, poor thing.)
I cannot believe what Erin has been going through. Now she isn't responding to treatment. It makes me sick to my stomach. We have to put our trust in Him. Her family is strong but I'm not sure how much more they (and Erin) can take.

Looking forward to all the plans. November should be an awesome time to go too.:thumbsup2
When are you heading back? November perhaps?

Hey Molly! Thanks for stopping by!

No problem.:goodvibes

YES I finished it.... guess you haven't been over there in a while... :surfweb: :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Ack! Oh my word, I'm so embarrassed then!:blush::blush: Yikes, I'll head over there right after!

I cannot believe what Erin has been going through. Now she isn't responding to treatment. It makes me sick to my stomach. We have to put our trust in Him. Her family is strong but I'm not sure how much more they (and Erin) can take.

Sigh, that poor baby. I've been reading along and it's heartbreaking. She sounds so strong and spunky but it seems that her body just can't keep up. Rick is amazing too, his posts almost always bring tears to my eyes, he's trying so very hard to make her well. I totally believe what you said, putting your trust in Him, the one who can completely heal and give comfort. Sounds like we have similar beliefs Tim.:thumbsup2

When are you heading back? November perhaps?

We're debating it. I'd love to go close to mine and my DD12's b-days in November. DH has his heart set on October though, don't ask me why. So we're in negotiations right now! Technically I'm the one who books the trips sooo...:rolleyes1 He's just going to have get onboard.:laughing: Hopefully our dates will overlap!

That looks like a great way to celebrate Juliana's 5 year mark. I wish I was close enough to a port that I could go get on a Disney Cruise for a weekend like that. :thumbsup2

Ack! Oh my word, I'm so embarrassed then!:blush::blush: Yikes, I'll head over there right after!
It's OK. I forgive you! :flower3: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sigh, that poor baby. I've been reading along and it's heartbreaking. She sounds so strong and spunky but it seems that her body just can't keep up. Rick is amazing too, his posts almost always bring tears to my eyes, he's trying so very hard to make her well. I totally believe what you said, putting your trust in Him, the one who can completely heal and give comfort. Sounds like we have similar beliefs Tim.
I agree. Her body is breaking down. It is so sad and there is nothing I can do about it.

We're debating it. I'd love to go close to mine and my DD12's b-days in November. DH has his heart set on October though, don't ask me why. So we're in negotiations right now! Technically I'm the one who books the trips sooo...:rolleyes1 He's just going to have get onboard.:laughing: Hopefully our dates will overlap!
HUMMMM... well you know our dates.... not that I expect you to plan your trip around us! ;)

That looks like a great way to celebrate Juliana's 5 year mark. I wish I was close enough to a port that I could go get on a Disney Cruise for a weekend like that. :thumbsup2
You can make the drive out. It's about 11 1/2 hours to NYC. :drive:

Joining in :wave:
Hey Kelly! :welcome: Thanks for reading!!!

Whoa, here's a PTR that I didn't realize had started. That's nice! :laughing:

I'm looking forward to following your plans. popcorn::

How fun! A cruise to nowhere, it if is local would be a blast. We looked at the NYC cruises for this summer but if memory serves they were more than we spent on our verandah for Alaska last summer so...4 nights on the dream for us instead. Plus Jeff didn't want that many at sea days..:rotfl:

She will have a BLAST! The boys loved loved loved it.

Wow, a Disney cruise to nowhere leaving from a port not too far from home sounds like a perfect way to celebrate a very important milestone. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I have to admit, yes, I got tears in my eyes just thinking about it, especially when you mentioned the idea of going with just Juliana alone. It's such a big deal for such an amazing and special girl (and her family;)) that I just know you all will have an unforgettable time. What better place for her to be treated like the princess that she is?

So excited to read along!

The cruise sounds awesome! If your room has the virtual porthole, Juliana may not want you to upgrade to a balcony. :laughing:

Great pictures of NYC! :thumbsup2

I'm here! (Thank you for the bat signal, even though I'm still several days late! :laughing:)

Gotta go back and read. :surfweb:

Whoa, here's a PTR that I didn't realize had started. That's nice! :laughing:

I'm looking forward to following your plans. popcorn::
Hey there Glen! :welcome:

Hopefully, I'll have some more details up tonight. :goodvibes

How fun! A cruise to nowhere, it if is local would be a blast. We looked at the NYC cruises for this summer but if memory serves they were more than we spent on our verandah for Alaska last summer so...4 nights on the dream for us instead. Plus Jeff didn't want that many at sea days..:rotfl:

She will have a BLAST! The boys loved loved loved it.
Thanks for joining in Cynthia! :welcome:

A NYC cruise for you would be expensive... plus you'd have to fly cross country. I'm sure that would add a few bucks to the bottom line. :teacher:

Wow, a Disney cruise to nowhere leaving from a port not too far from home sounds like a perfect way to celebrate a very important milestone. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
It is very nice that we can just drive there, park, and get on the ship. We don't have to deal with airports and transfers! :yay:

I have to admit, yes, I got tears in my eyes just thinking about it, especially when you mentioned the idea of going with just Juliana alone. It's such a big deal for such an amazing and special girl (and her family;)) that I just know you all will have an unforgettable time. What better place for her to be treated like the princess that she is?

So excited to read along!
We are very lucky.... Every step of Juliana's treatment and post treatment has gone to plan with no setbacks. She has her check up coming up in a few weeks then the August checkup. After that it's party time!

Thanks for joining in!! :welcome:

The cruise sounds awesome! If your room has the virtual porthole, Juliana may not want you to upgrade to a balcony. :laughing:
It is 2 nights... I'm sure we can live without the veranda. I just checked and the prices went up TODAY! it would cost us $500 more. I think I'm cool with the inside stateroom. ::yes::

Great pictures of NYC! :thumbsup2
Thanks!

And a :welcome: to you too!

I'm here! (Thank you for the bat signal, even though I'm still several days late! :laughing:)

Gotta go back and read. :surfweb:
:welcome: HEy Brook! Thanks for reading!

So I hopped on the DCL website and the prices have gone up... I guess they are filling up the ship. popcorn::

What?!? When did you start this and why wasn't I told about it?!? :laughing:

I was shocked to see this considering you haven't finished your last TR. :rolleyes1 :laughing:

At least I got here within the first few pages. :goodvibes

Oops my bad, you did finish your last TR! :laughing:

I'll have more info coming up but I'm sure she will have a blast!!!! :goodvibes

I'd say it'll be brill. I so want to go on a cruise again. Momma wants to go to New York again so I said I'd go with her on condition she does a disney cruise from New York :littleangel: Gotta have disney on the trip somewhere.

I know. is it WDw radio you are talking about...It's apodcast cruise, which we didn't know about when we booked. I would've pushed for the week after if I had known that.
Yeah I was listening to those. I'm sure only time it should really affect you though is dinner time maybe :confused3 Other than that just try be in a different place to them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter