Cruising towards 10 days of fun... a July/Nov 2012- & We're BACK!!! Pg.50-51

Tim, those two places for meals look awesome. And I can't think of anything much better than putting my feet in the water and having an adult beverage or two. :goodvibes
I am really excited about the dining. They have an adults only dining room too. But this trip is about the princess so we aren't sending her away for Melody & I to have dinner. :rotfl2:

I can't wait to see all of your cruise pictures. Its an aspect of Disney travel that I know very little about, but it looks so cool. :thumbsup2
Tina, don't let me fool you. I don't have a clue about DCL. At least, we can't get lost on an excursion and miss the ship leaving port. :lmao:

We can learn together. I can already see there are some seasoned DCL cruisers here. :goodvibes:goodvibes

If we don't do the NYC one I might go solo to a certain world and it might just happen to be end of Octo/beginning of Nov that I am looking at. I mainly because I want to go to MNSSHP again and then see the MVMCP decorations all in the one trip :rotfl: It's all in very early discussions and decisions yet though.
That sounds like a great trip!!!! Seeing both MNSSHP and MVMCP in the same trip!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

Well the flights wouldn't necessarily be any more than to Orlando and I personally thought K would be ALL over NYC (as would the E's) but it held no interest for Jeff. For some reason the idea of looking at the east coast on the way down just didn't wow him. Didn't help when my mom, who did a cruise out of NY told him that was a very boring part (to her). :rotfl: He really wants to be interested in the landscape on the at sea days. Alaska was easy for us for that reason, no flight and great scenery!
hummmm... I always took a day at sea as well, a day at sea. The cruises I've been on the sea days are just that. I just had great views of water.:lmao:

You will get a Navigator each day (like a little newspaper) that tells you what the activities are. I can't recall on the first day, maybe it was on the bed? They will drop it off before bed, for the next day so you can plan. I have no idea how they will structure it on a 2 night one though.
Maybe it will be in the room when we embark? I was wondering about this too.

Great dinner requests, Ana will love Animators!!!! I can't speak to drinking while toes are in the pool but I can to actually having a drink IN the pool. :rotfl: And the hot tub. :rotfl: Then again, that was at the adult pool so...you may have to go to your lounge chair and enjoy whatever the Drink of the Day is (or whatever you brought on board with you!).
Maybe you can answer this question for me... I can bring any kind of alcohol onboard? Beer, wine, vodka?

Now I have 2 questions... are there bars where I can order any kind of drink or am I stuck with the 'drink of the day'?? (I'm assuming I can get what I want)

It is very surprising to hear . We planning to move Disney land with my kids for this holidays. The details provided are awesome.
That's great! How much is it going to cost to move to Disney?

I eat this for dinner most nights....

spam.gif

hummmm... I always took a day at sea as well, a day at sea. The cruises I've been on the sea days are just that. I just had great views of water.:lmao:

Maybe it will be in the room when we embark? I was wondering about this too.

Maybe you can answer this question for me... I can bring any kind of alcohol onboard? Beer, wine, vodka?

Now I have 2 questions... are there bars where I can order any kind of drink or am I stuck with the 'drink of the day'?? (I'm assuming I can get what I want)

We didn't bring alcohol ourselves, but I had a gift basket delivered to our stateroom that had Jim's Bud in it and a bottle of wine ...but not sure how that would work since its going out of different ports....
yes the bars are stocked with whatever you want!

That's great! How much is it going to cost to move to Disney?

I eat this for dinner most nights....

spam.gif

eewwwww....you need to at least upgrade to PB & J :lmao::lmao:

are you going on the first 2 day cruise? or is there a thread going on the Cruise forums?
you definately need to let Ana watch the DVD, Megan watched it over and over and over.....

hummmm... I always took a day at sea as well, a day at sea. The cruises I've been on the sea days are just that. I just had great views of water.:lmao:)

Disney offers you lots of things to do on sea days - tastings, Palo brunch (sorry adults only, but SOOOOOOO worth it!!) ship's tours, pool time - bar time ........ :lmao:
We spent 11 nights on the DREAM last summer and ran out of time to do everything. :goodvibes

Maybe it will be in the room when we embark? I was wondering about this too.)

You will be handed your first navigator when you check in at port. The next day's will be in your stateroom the night before.
Take the time and read it thoroughly - you might miss some of the most fun things by just skimming through it. ;)
How do I know? Learned the hard way. :lmao:

Yes, you can bring your own alcohol, just put it in your carry on. If you want a bottle of wine with your food you can bring that too, but there is a corking fee.
There are lots of different drinks you can choose from and if it is not on the menu you can always explain and they will make it for you!
There is nothing better, offering more service than Disney Cruise Line. (...... and I am NOT their spokesperson! :rotfl2:)

You will be handed your first navigator when you check in at port. The next day's will be in your stateroom the night before.
Take the time and read it thoroughly - you might miss some of the most fun things by just skimming through it. ;)

I agree :thumbsup2, so bring a highlighter that way you can mark everything you want to do and not miss out!

That would be the point for 99% of the people! And then there's Jeff. :rotfl:

Yep, any kind and no limit on quantity. However you have to carry it on, it cannot be in your checked bag (if you even check on a 2 nighter). You are not stuck with DOTD. There's plenty of places to get drinks from, Signals bar at the adult pool and then Cove Cafe and Outlook Cafe are where we got most things. There is something by the theater as well but we never got anything there. We weren't big on the DOTD, just not my kind of drink plus they are pricey! Soda's and refills (and bad coffee) are free 24/7, outside the entrance to the buffet which is kind of behind the kids pool. Only paper cups though.

We didn't bring alcohol ourselves, but I had a gift basket delivered to our stateroom that had Jim's Bud in it and a bottle of wine ...but not sure how that would work since its going out of different ports....
yes the bars are stocked with whatever you want!
Now I'm thinking I should bring a little something... we'll see... popcorn::

eewwwww....you need to at least upgrade to PB & J :lmao:
What? You don't like SPAM? :confused3 :crazy2::crazy2:

I loved getting spammed on TRs... he's gonna move Disney World for the holidays. :lmao::lmao:

are you going on the first 2 day cruise? or is there a thread going on the Cruise forums?
I haven't really searched the cruise forums. I did post on the thread for our cruise but there doesn't seem to be many people posting on it? :confused3
you definately need to let Ana watch the DVD, Megan watched it over and over and over.....
I think I need to watch it!!!! :rotfl2:

Disney offers you lots of things to do on sea days - tastings, Palo brunch (sorry adults only, but SOOOOOOO worth it!!) ship's tours, pool time - bar time ........ :lmao:
We spent 11 nights on the DREAM last summer and ran out of time to do everything. :goodvibes
This will be our first taste of Disney cruising. I'm sure it won't be our last. I kinda wish I did the 5 day Canada cruise but what cha gonna do. It is just a quick weekend getaway. :goodvibes

Oh that's great! While we are waiting to embark, we can read up on the activities. :woohoo:

Yes, you can bring your own alcohol, just put it in your carry on. If you want a bottle of wine with your food you can bring that too, but there is a corking fee.
There are lots of different drinks you can choose from and if it is not on the menu you can always explain and they will make it for you!
There is nothing better, offering more service than Disney Cruise Line. (...... and I am NOT their spokesperson! :rotfl2:)
You sure you don't work for DCL???? :rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks for all the great info!!! I knew there were bars! :rotfl2:

I agree :thumbsup2, so bring a highlighter that way you can mark everything you want to do and not miss out!
Good idea! ::yes::

That would be the point for 99% of the people! And then there's Jeff. :rotfl:
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yep, any kind and no limit on quantity. However you have to carry it on, it cannot be in your checked bag (if you even check on a 2 nighter). You are not stuck with DOTD. There's plenty of places to get drinks from, Signals bar at the adult pool and then Cove Cafe and Outlook Cafe are where we got most things. There is something by the theater as well but we never got anything there. We weren't big on the DOTD, just not my kind of drink plus they are pricey! Soda's and refills (and bad coffee) are free 24/7, outside the entrance to the buffet which is kind of behind the kids pool. Only paper cups though.
Thanks for the info! I guess I need to study the MAGIC's layout. Then I can plan my attack!

I'm probably not a DrinkOf The Day type... give me a beer or some vodka and I'm good. ;)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

ok now I get the "spam" reference....guess my cold is really affecting my brain working correctly :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Subbing! Noticed your signature on Stringbean's TR.

Congratulations on your daughter being cancer free for 5 years! That is so awesome. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to be faced with childhood cancer.

Lovely pictures from your first cruise to nowhere. I must admit I have been intrigued by the NYC Disney cruises. Sounds like a blast!

I think the cruise sounds awesome Tim! What a fun idea, a cruise to nowhere. I'm sure Juliana will love it.

Wow, those restaurants look incredible, particularly the Animator's one. I saw a little clip of it somewhere and it's so cool! I bet you guys will love it.

So I'm assuming then that Juliana will be decked out in her princess gear. Does that mean you'll be sporting your pirate gear then??:rolleyes1

This is going to be so fun for you all with the princess being center stage of course. I can't believe that soon she'll be cancer free, what a blessing! You'd never even know that she was ill just by looking at her, she's so healthy and vibrant. She's a little angel Tim and deserving of such a celebration. You and Mel are good parents to mark this special time with her.:goodvibes:thumbsup2

\ok now I get the "spam" reference....guess my cold is really affecting my brain working correctly :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
It's ok.... I never understand why they post on someone's TR? They really think they are going to get ppl to click on their links?

We'll see which trip happens
popcorn:: :surfweb:

Subbing! Noticed your signature on Stringbean's TR.
:welcome: Thanks for reading! I've seen you on a few TRs that I follow too! :)

Congratulations on your daughter being cancer free for 5 years! That is so awesome. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to be faced with childhood cancer.
She has done so well. She has an appointment in a few weeks, then 1 more in August.

It was tough for us but we made it through. I wouldn't wish that happening to anybody.

Lovely pictures from your first cruise to nowhere. I must admit I have been intrigued by the NYC Disney cruises. Sounds like a blast!
Thanks!!! I am looking forward to this! It is nice to just drive to the port and not have to get on an airplane. :goodvibes

I think the cruise sounds awesome Tim! What a fun idea, a cruise to nowhere. I'm sure Juliana will love it.
I'm sure the parents will enjoy themselves too! :goodvibes

Wow, those restaurants look incredible, particularly the Animator's one. I saw a little clip of it somewhere and it's so cool! I bet you guys will love it.
I am really excited about Animator's. :hyper:

So I'm assuming then that Juliana will be decked out in her princess gear. Does that mean you'll be sporting your pirate gear then??:rolleyes1
DCL usually has a pirate night but they aren't doing it on the 2 day cruises. That would of been perfect to break out the Jack Sparrow costume.pirate:

This is going to be so fun for you all with the princess being center stage of course. I can't believe that soon she'll be cancer free, what a blessing! You'd never even know that she was ill just by looking at her, she's so healthy and vibrant. She's a little angel Tim and deserving of such a celebration. You and Mel are good parents to mark this special time with her.:goodvibes:thumbsup2
Juliana has done so well. She has hit every milestone on time and her doctor is very pleased with her progress.(we are too!!!) Now I have to read up on Disney cruises, cuz I feel so unprepared. :surfweb:

The cruise to nowhere sounds wonderful:goodvibes

I have never really thought about it until recently so by the time I checked the prices they were a bit outrageous for 2 nights.

We were on the Dream for a 3 night cruise in Oct. and it was fabulous! There wasn't enough time to check out the ship though, so I think we need to do a cruise to nowhere in the future.

I truly CANNOT believe you started this the day I LEFT for Disney World. My feelings are deeply hurt that I am way on Page 5. :sad1:

I'll be back later to catch up.

popcorn::I knew you were going to hear it from Kathy! ;)

I am looking forward to all the details of your cruise. We looked at NYC DCL trip to nowhere, but eventually it morphed into DisneyWorld. :laughing:

Savin' it for another time!

The cruise to nowhere sounds wonderful:goodvibes
:welcome: thanks for reading!!!

I have never really thought about it until recently so by the time I checked the prices they were a bit outrageous for 2 nights.
It is a little pricey. I think I paid about $1500 for the 3 of us... not cheap by any stretch. :sad2:

We were on the Dream for a 3 night cruise in Oct. and it was fabulous! There wasn't enough time to check out the ship though, so I think we need to do a cruise to nowhere in the future.
I'm sure this won't be our last Disney cruise. But as was previously mentioned, the prices are crazy. We could of done an 10 night on another cruise line for $1500. :teacher:

popcorn::I knew you were going to hear it from Kathy! ;)
She took it easy on me. I didn't even get a text from her yelling at me! :laughing:

I am looking forward to all the details of your cruise. We looked at NYC DCL trip to nowhere, but eventually it morphed into DisneyWorld. :laughing:

Savin' it for another time!
LOL... that's some change! :thumbsup2 Sounds good to me! ::yes::

Hi, we'll be on this cruise too with our DD8. Congrats on your daughter being cancer free for 5 years! This is our first Disney cruise also! :cheer2:We are so excited. Thanks for the heads up on requesting the restaurants: Animator's Palate and Lumiere's. Those are two restaurants that I really want to try. I didn't know that you could put a request in with your reservation before the 75 day mark. I called and requested them. DCL told me they would add it to my reservation as a request, but not a guarantee. The trip is a surprise for my DD. She saw the DCL DVD and thought those restaurants would be cool .... when..... we get to go on a Disney cruise. ;)

I'm sure the parents will enjoy themselves too! :goodvibes

Of course! It's a cruise! All you do is eat, drink, eat, drink, and then repeat. What's not to love about that, right? And it's all Disney themed, that's my kind of cruise.:goodvibes

I am really excited about Animator's. :hyper:

If I had to pick one restaurant on that cruise ship, I'd pick that one. Where else can you eat where the whole atmosphere changes color before your very eyes? So cool.

DCL usually has a pirate night but they aren't doing it on the 2 day cruises. That would of been perfect to break out the Jack Sparrow costume.pirate:

Bummer! Then you could've worn that snazzy pinky ring you have too. Come one, you KNOW you are looking for an excuse to post that pirate pic again.;) Just don't post that one Kathy loves, you might lose PTR readers...:rolleyes1

Juliana has done so well. She has hit every milestone on time and her doctor is very pleased with her progress.(we are too!!!) Now I have to read up on Disney cruises, cuz I feel so unprepared. :surfweb:

That is so wonderful Tim! She's a child prodigy and a budding photographer too.:goodvibes You should have her practice her photog skills on Puppy.:thumbsup2

Now that the July part of the trip has been revealed, lets talk November.

Why November? First, we thought about October. We really enjoyed being in WDW leading up to Halloween. We love MNSSHP. I kept reading all the info I could about the Fantasyland expansion. It is supposed to be done in October. What if we booked a trip and Fantasyland isn't open? I guess we could go the last week in October but there would be many days of school missed. Looking at Juliana's school schedule, she has Nov. 6th off for election day and she has Nov. 12th off for Veterans day. If we went this week, we could most likely fit in MVMCP (please Disney don't push the starting dates back) and possibly see the Osbourn Lights. We talked it over with our friends and it sounded good to them.

Dates- Melody, Juliana, Christopher, & I are going to fly down Friday Nov. 2 in the evening and stay until Mon. Nov. 12. For a 10 day trip she would miss 4 days of school. Both our other friends are going to arrive on Saturday Nov. 3 and leave on Sat. Nov. 10.

Where? This was a fun one! (I hope you're ready for this) I wanted to stay at CSR, but Melody didn't want to. Dave & Branda didn't want to stay at CBR (they just stayed there) Bill & Jamie didn't really care. So where did that leave us? Looking at POR & POFQ. We read all kinds of reviews and we thought staying at the smaller of the two would be better with the baby (who will be 15 months at the time) Not to mention I can eat beignets every day! We requested a first floor room near a courtyard.

draft_lens2313709module12846970photo_1228176625disneysportorleansfrenchquarter.jpg

Borrowed from the interweb

This would be a perfect spot for us.

disney-port-orleans-french-quarter.jpg

Borrowed from the interweb

We have a while before we have to think about dining. I'm sure trying to coordinate three families for 7 days is going to be a challenge. I think I'll get into this a little more in depth in my next update. ;)

More to come....

Mark and I are still seriously thinking of switching our Disney trip to November or I'll never get a chance to meet the Princess and Prince. Why didn't Mel want to stay at the CSR? Did you guys look into points for a 2 or 3 bedroom villa? Or woul dthat much "closeness" be too much for you guys?

***Did you download that video or pictures?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter