Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May I ask what was it that you saw that was great?

I was being sarcastic. I saw a very plain hallway and once I rounded a corner and saw nothing that would lead me outside, I immediately turned around. That's when I saw the sign above the door warning CMs they are about to go on-stage. Then a cast member on the lower floor of Hero Zone saw me exiting and asked what I was looking for. I yelled back "a way to get to the deck outside". She replied that the only guest exit was on the lower floor. I then wondered if that's safe and if there should be marked exits or something.

I knew there was an outside deck around Hero Zone. I heard there was a way out from the second floor that isn't obviously marked, so I picked a random door to try my luck and hoped I chose the correct door. Turns out I didn't. Lesson learned, and judging by the vibe of Hero Zone, I don't see myself returning to that area in the future anyway.

May I ask what was it that you saw that was great?

Mags2002, is it the same policy on the ships as it is at WDW? You either have to be wearing your name tag or your ID card must be visible.

CMs seeing anyone unaccompanied by a CM backstage and not displaying either one are encouraged to stop them and politely request to see their ID card.
Yes correct. Although it does happen sometimes that Guests take a wrong turn or are not paying attention and they end up backstage. You can always tell if someone is a Guest and doesn’t belong there because they look dazed and confused!

Oh, bummer.

even if I did see something interesting, I'd be hesitant to talk about it openly. 1) I'd fear Disney was reading. 2) Morally, I don't think it would be right to share. It's like the people who sneak into the tunnels at Magic Kingdom and video where they're not supposed to be.

To be honest, the warning sign for cast members was the most interesting thing I saw in those 10-15 seconds I was unintentionally backstage. It was also the only thing I saw. lol, the hallway was very plain and very boring.. very utilitarian.

Do you have any updates or news about the Treasure or other new Disney ships?

Are cast members allowed to eat at the Castaway buffet over by the adults-only beach?
Does Disney even allow face characters (on their off time) to go to the beach, fearing they may get sunburnt? :eek:
Does Disney even allow face characters to go outside? :eek:
Are you currently locked in a tower? Wait, I'm going overboard here with this. :rotfl:
(it's like that scene from Ralph Breaks the Internet when Penelope meets the Disney princesses)

Are cast members allowed to eat at the Castaway buffet over by the adults-only beach?
Does Disney even allow face characters (on their off time) to go to the beach, fearing they may get sunburnt? :eek:
Are you currently locked in a tower? Wait, I'm going overboard here with this. :rotfl:
(it's like that scene from Ralph Breaks the Internet when Penelope meets the Disney princesses)
I don’t often eat at Castaway Cay. I try to have protein bars to stop myself eating a huge meal.
We do meet and greets at times, so I don’t always have a lot of time to relax on the beach.
Hahaha yes we can go outside. We are not allowed to tan or get burnt! I have a really big hat that I wear and always plenty of sunscreen!
Rapunzel escaped her tower. She loves the feel of sand between her toes as much as she did the feel of grass!

I don’t often eat at Castaway Cay. I try to have protein bars to stop myself eating a huge meal.
We do meet and greets at times, so I don’t always have a lot of time to relax on the beach.
Hahaha yes we can go outside. We are not allowed to tan or get burnt! I have a really big hat that I wear and always plenty of sunscreen!
Rapunzel escaped her tower. She loves the feel of sand between her toes as much as she did the feel of grass!
I have also heard from DCP-er’s who are friends with friends of characters that they are also expected to maintain a workout regimen (I heard the friends with characters were even required to log those workout hours) is this the same for the friends on DCL?

Or goodness forbid (NOT canon), SNL's "Real Housewives of Disney" 🤣

I have also heard from DCP-er’s who are friends with friends of characters that they are also expected to maintain a workout regimen (I heard the friends with characters were even required to log those workout hours) is this the same for the friends on DCL?
Yes we have to keep our fitness level up to be able to do this role. Warming up our bodies before we perform is also part of the role

Just like backstage on the ships there’s not much to see there either. The notatunnel Utilidors are anticlimactic.
As someone who used the Utilidors at work, I can tell you that they are absolutely anticlimactic. They had Sirius/XM radio playing for us while we walked but it was nothing special. The food in the Mousketeria near the entrance to the Utilidors was actually really good. Once you're walking in them, they are just a bunch of long underground tunnels with lots of piping. Nothing remarkable.

As someone who used the Utilidors at work, I can tell you that they are absolutely anticlimactic. They had Sirius/XM radio playing for us while we walked but it was nothing special. The food in the Mousketeria near the entrance to the Utilidors was actually really good. Once you're walking in them, they are just a bunch of long underground tunnels with lots of piping. Nothing remarkable.
And yet so many Guests want to go backstage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter