D23 2015

Absolutely! I think a lot of people would (rightly) look at Disney different if they failed to live up to their standards. I'd lose respect for sure.

I also just had a thought too. Many of the animals like Hippos, Giraffes, Elephants, etc. have living ranges that are either on or near the Equator. I'm wondering if they're actually taking the African Savannah to the next level by adding the lights. It could very well be that the extra hours of daylight added by the nighttime Safari actually make the Savannah more realistic than less.

Can any Animal experts speak to this?

That reminds me. I heard on a podcast that they actually are going to create a sort of "perpetual sunset" a la scenes/colors fom Lion King. As if the sun never actually sets...?

That reminds me. I heard on a podcast that they actually are going to create a sort of "perpetual sunset" a la scenes/colors fom Lion King. As if the sun never actually sets...?
Spot on, that's how the marketing has described it at least. So we'll see how it plays out.

I know I'm getting around to this pretty late, but I haven't read much about, well, the animals at AK. It has been a day park because it revolved around the animals. No after-dark fireworks, loud noises, etc., to protect them in their habitats. My apologies if this information is out there, but...

...with the announcements about Rivers of Light and nighttime Kilimanjaro Safari, as well as the implications of Pandora (they won't tell us to go home before dark when there's so much to do), has there been any explanation about how the changes might affect the animals or what if any precautions will taken on their behalf?

Or perhaps the old explanation was just a fabrication, making excuses for a day park? (Not that any were needed, the hours and explanation were fine IMO.)
Rivers of light will use water, fire and lights not explosives or fireworks. The animals are being trained differently for the nighttime safaris as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter