D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new edition of "Know before you go" regarding opening day merchandise:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-star-wars-galaxys-edge-at-disneyland-resort/

"But fear not collectors – we’ve got you covered, even if you don’t have a Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservation.

If it’s unique, must-have items you’re after, head over to Tomorrowland in Disneyland park to the upper level of Star Wars Launch Bay. No matter your affiliation, you’ll find a curated assortment of Limited Edition, Limited Release, and Annual Passport pins; along with a variety of other items you don’t want to miss!

Looking for items celebrating Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge? You can find these items at the Emporium, the upper level of Star Wars Launch Bay, Star Trader, and Pooh Corner in Disneyland park; Elias & Co. in Disney California Adventure park; World of Disney in the Downtown Disney District; and shops at the Disneyland Hotel. Be sure to grab these items as they cannot be found on the planet Batuu.

If you’re looking for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Opening Day dated merchandise, including AP items, Disneyland park is your destination, only while supplies last. For the best selection, visit the Emporium, the upper level of Star Wars Launch Bay, Star Trader, or Pooh Corner.

Annual Passholders: Additional AP items can be found at the Emporium, the upper level of Star Wars Launch Bay, Star Trader, and Pooh Corner in Disneyland park; Elias & Co. and Trolley Treats in Disney California Adventure park; World of Disney in the Downtown Disney District; and shops at the Disneyland Hotel.

If you can’t wait to get your mementos, please know that line ups for merchandise start no earlier than 2 a.m. on May 31; parking opens at midnight. All merchandise is subject to availability, while supplies last. "

Last edited:
Layers are always a good call. The basement is the most freezing - once you're upstairs and moving (IMO, anyway), it warms up.

I cosplayed in 2013 (my first Expo) as village Belle. Loved wearing the dress, loved random pictures of me reading my book while waiting in lines. I did bring a little towel to sit on because I didn't want my dress directly on the sidewalk & floors. Also, I didn't have petticoats or anything like that so it was more comfortable for sitting and travel in general. That said, lots of folks cosplay and look amazing! I agree on saving any complex, heavy, or ornate costumes like ballgowns for days when you don't have many must-do's and can stroll the floor.
Thanks I'll definitely do layers then and I guess I will rethink my cosplay since the only none "busy" day will be Sunday and I don't plan on hanging out for that long :(

Book a DLRH room and get a guaranteed reservation for SWGE. UPDATE, the parking garage will open at midnight o 31, so people can line up. Wait no, not true still don't know what the truth is. Look at this shiny object over here, you can lineup at 2:30 to purchase merchandise. Queue the terrible Chewie sound.

This is going to be a cluster SNAFU! Hey glad you booked s DLRH, and it would be so easy to just give you a wrist band when you check in, now go fight the crowds at launch bay for entry. Sorry to be negative, And I hope I am wrong, but as usual, they are trying to squeeze every penny.

This is going to be a cluster SNAFU! Hey glad you booked s DLRH, and it would be so easy to just give you a wrist band when you check in, now go fight the crowds at launch bay for entry. Sorry to be negative, And I hope I am wrong, but as usual, they are trying to squeeze every penny.

I must be missing something. What makes you think that people with on site hotel reservations will have to go to Launch Bay to line up? It seems more likely to me that hotel guests will get their wristbands when they check in, and Launch Bay will be for people who secured public reservations from the web site. Am I wrong?

I must be missing something. What makes you think that people with on site hotel reservations will have to go to Launch Bay to line up? It seems more likely to me that hotel guests will get their wristbands when they check in, and Launch Bay will be for people who secured public reservations from the web site. Am I wrong?

It appears that wrist bands will be given out at the launch bay. Hopefully this is wrong and my original theory is correct and they will be given out at the hotel upon checkin. Nothing formal has been stated, this has been my assumption based on the Moonlight Magic events.

it is starting to sound more and more like Star Wars Weekends. Sleep over night to be inline for merchandise or book a room at one of our resorts and stand in long lines for your wristband and then again for merchandise.

I am going in with an open mind, but stop changing the rules every other week. The last year for SWW, they offered a VIP package. Guaranteed front row seats for all the shows, front of the line access, reserved parade and fireworks areas. It was worth every cent.

I would not be surprised if they offer a VIP add-on for your four hour window. Front of the line access with an up-charge in addition to your DLRH reservation.

Sorry just getting tired of all the evolutionary guideline changes.

It appears that wrist bands will be given out at the launch bay. Hopefully this is wrong and my original theory is correct and they will be given out at the hotel upon checkin. Nothing formal has been stated, this has been my assumption based on the Moonlight Magic events.

it is starting to sound more and more like Star Wars Weekends. Sleep over night to be inline for merchandise or book a room at one of our resorts and stand in long lines for your wristband and then again for merchandise.

I am going in with an open mind, but stop changing the rules every other week. The last year for SWW, they offered a VIP package. Guaranteed front row seats for all the shows, front of the line access, reserved parade and fireworks areas. It was worth every cent.

I would not be surprised if they offer a VIP add-on for your four hour window. Front of the line access with an up-charge in addition to your DLRH reservation.

Sorry just getting tired of all the evolutionary guideline changes.

I understand the frustration. I'm trying to hang in there and be patient understanding that the opening of SW:GE is history in the making on various levels, so Disney can only make somewhat calculated predictions with which to make operational decisions.

They started setting up check-in stands at Launch Bay last night. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that hotel guests may not their bands at their resort. We'll have to wait and see.

I understand the frustration. I'm trying to hang in there and be patient understanding that the opening of SW:GE is history in the making on various levels, so Disney can only make somewhat calculated predictions with which to make operational decisions.

For me, it is more like stop setting the narrative and then create hype with caveats designed to maximizing profits. We are just over a week away, and now one can line up at 2 am for merch.

3) Food is a concern for me. I wont be overnighting but I'll probably get there around 3-4 am each day. Once in Hall E is there food available to purchase or am I on my own until they let us out? I I will bring some granola bars but I would like to get a decent meal. What other snacks are allowed in? I cant spend too many hours without food or water. I dehydrate or get weak easily without both those things. Im bringing a water bottle. Is there a water fountain I can get to near Hall E to refill or again just a place to buy water?

They have a small food window in the basement waiting area. It's not great food and the line got really long last year the morning of live action. There is also a water fountain down there. I always take a container to refill.

There is a food court on the main level, the food is overpriced and I wouldn't go during regular mealtime hours.

Outside the convention center there were independent food trucks set up, but you did have to go through security again to get back inside.

Some people reported security confiscating their snacks the first day, but I was always able to take mine through. I had breakfast bars, crackers, things like that.

They have a small food window in the basement waiting area. It's not great food and the line got really long last year the morning of live action. There is also a water fountain down there. I always take a container to refill.

There is a food court on the main level, the food is overpriced and I wouldn't go during regular mealtime hours.

Outside the convention center there were independent food trucks set up, but you did have to go through security again to get back inside.

Some people reported security confiscating their snacks the first day, but I was always able to take mine through. I had breakfast bars, crackers, things like that.
Is the small food station in hall e open all night or in the morning and afternoon only? Oh Im sure all the food will be overpriced and mediocre at best. I think thats for every con though.

I think Disney is making a HUGE mistake by making opening day merchandise available to everyone. We've seen what limited edition merch releases do to crowds and with something like SWGE I expect it to be much worse:(.

I have to admit, it seems like they may be getting the best of both worlds. They get news footage of huge crowds of people sleeping on the sidewalk for a chance to be at Disneyland on opening day. But at the same time they have completely controlled access to SWGE itself, so the massive crowds will not in turn lead to video of people crammed shoulder to shoulder in the land itself. If it works, it's genius.

But does that count as gov't. issued ID? Isn't that what the fine print asked for? All primary/lead guests on each reservation (minor or adult) must show gov't. issued ID. I think the link posted above recommended a non-REAL ID from the DMV (or some form of state issued ID) or a passport, assuming the minor doesn't have a driver's license.
I think a military ID might also squeak by, but you’re right. It definitely said government issued.

I have to admit, it seems like they may be getting the best of both worlds. They get news footage of huge crowds of people sleeping on the sidewalk for a chance to be at Disneyland on opening day. But at the same time they have completely controlled access to SWGE itself, so the massive crowds will not in turn lead to video of people crammed shoulder to shoulder in the land itself. If it works, it's genius.

I am sorry, when is your guaranteed day and time for SWGE.

Ugh, our reservations are for the 1st. Now my son is trying to talk me into getting in line at 2 am to get merch. He has saved all his grade money and birthday money to get the merch.
Has anyone done this before? If I agree (Good lord, I can't believe I'm considering this), am I able to bring a chair? Where do you typically line up? Can anyone fill me in from past experience.
Curse Disney for allowing this and arranging this.

A new edition of "Know before you go" regarding opening day merchandise:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-star-wars-galaxys-edge-at-disneyland-resort/

"But fear not collectors – we’ve got you covered, even if you don’t have a Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservation.

If it’s unique, must-have items you’re after, head over to Tomorrowland in Disneyland park to the upper level of Star Wars Launch Bay. No matter your affiliation, you’ll find a curated assortment of Limited Edition, Limited Release, and Annual Passport pins; along with a variety of other items you don’t want to miss!

Looking for items celebrating Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge? You can find these items at the Emporium, the upper level of Star Wars Launch Bay, Star Trader, and Pooh Corner in Disneyland park; Elias & Co. in Disney California Adventure park; World of Disney in the Downtown Disney District; and shops at the Disneyland Hotel. Be sure to grab these items as they cannot be found on the planet Batuu.

If you’re looking for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Opening Day dated merchandise, including AP items, Disneyland park is your destination, only while supplies last. For the best selection, visit the Emporium, the upper level of Star Wars Launch Bay, Star Trader, or Pooh Corner.

Annual Passholders: Additional AP items can be found at the Emporium, the upper level of Star Wars Launch Bay, Star Trader, and Pooh Corner in Disneyland park; Elias & Co. and Trolley Treats in Disney California Adventure park; World of Disney in the Downtown Disney District; and shops at the Disneyland Hotel.

If you can’t wait to get your mementos, please know that line ups for merchandise start no earlier than 2 a.m. on May 31; parking opens at midnight. All merchandise is subject to availability, while supplies last. "
So Parking is opening at midnight, lines are being allowed at 2am for merchandise...yeah I’m staying farrr away from Anaheim opening weekend. Lol

Is the small food station in hall e open all night or in the morning and afternoon only? Oh Im sure all the food will be overpriced and mediocre at best. I think thats for every con though.

No it was not open all night. I can't remember what time it opened in the morning...maybe 6? I remember that food being especially terrible. So I might try to take some food in with you for the morning, then get a hot meal for lunch.

I am skeptical they would give wristbands at check in unless all guests are there at hotel check in and they attached the wristbands right then. Otherwise this will quickly become a prime venue for obtaining wristbands for resale (since I doubt there will be a second ID checkpoint once you have your wristband on). This would also mean they would need dozens of different wristbands since they would now need 5 different colors (assuming they are doing the different time slots by different colors) and either different sets of colors for different days or the date printed on the wristband. They're probably doing one or the other of these anyway to keep people from trying to reuse a wristband the next day (or maybe you have to cut it off when you leave the area?) but I doubt the hotel desks are equipped to manage all that nor have they told people everyone in your party must be present at hotel check in...

Ugh, our reservations are for the 1st. Now my son is trying to talk me into getting in line at 2 am to get merch. He has saved all his grade money and birthday money to get the merch.
Has anyone done this before? If I agree (Good lord, I can't believe I'm considering this), am I able to bring a chair? Where do you typically line up? Can anyone fill me in from past experience.
Curse Disney for allowing this and arranging this.
I haven't been following the "Know Before You Go" videos this time around, but for the 24-hour day event, they did allow guests to bring folding chairs, blankets, pillows, etc with them in line, but there was a cutoff time as to when those things had to be returned to your car or hotel room because they weren't allowed past security. I think the cutoff time was somewhere around 2:00 am (the Pumbaa parking lot opened at 10:00 pm, they opened security at 4:00 am, the park opened at 6:00 am).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter