D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way they will combine the wristbands/entry for hotel guests WITH the general public. No way.
We literally stumbled upon this entry because we happened to be booked at the hotel for opening weekend. We have opening day, opening hour access. We don't care about any merchandise.

Hotel reservations state that info for reservation will be emailed the day before check in. Interested to see what this says when people start getting the emails on 5/30.

Im at dl today and the cm previews are on. They are checking in at the launch bay and have wristbands with 4 hour time windows on them. Dry run for the system i imagine. I heard a couple talk about the land on the monorail and he was so excited about having been there and his girlfriend just wanted a pretzel.

This will be my first year too. However, I think they would allow a chair, especially if it folded up into a back pack. This is the kind of chair I will be bringing, but I may only use it for overnight. We have ridden our bikes miles to concerts with these chairs in a backpack without a single issue. They are lightweight, sturdy, and compact. They sell other brands too. In a normal size backpack, we can fit 3 folded up, 1-2 water bottles, and other stuff.

https://www.rei.com/product/877258/rei-co-op-flexlite-chair
I too have this chair, got one after seeing someone else in the lines with it. It is great! I’ve used it both in the overnight lines and in panel lines when I’ve lined up early enough to warrant unpacking it.

Some people reported security confiscating their snacks the first day, but I was always able to take mine through. I had breakfast bars, crackers, things like that.
I too never had problems bringing in food or water. Food was mostly snacks ie power or granola bars, fruit, crsckers, energy snacks, etc.

After spending way too much time sitting in concrete and thin carpet floors at the D23 Expo, I invested last time into a good chair.

Not sure if it is any different than
This will be my first year too. However, I think they would allow a chair, especially if it folded up into a back pack. This is the kind of chair I will be bringing, but I may only use it for overnight. We have ridden our bikes miles to concerts with these chairs in a backpack without a single issue. They are lightweight, sturdy, and compact. They sell other brands too. In a normal size backpack, we can fit 3 folded up, 1-2 water bottles, and other stuff.

https://www.rei.com/product/877258/rei-co-op-flexlite-chair
After spending way too much time sitting on concrete and thin carpet floors at the D23 Expo, I invested last time into a good chair.

Not sure if it is any different or better or worse than the REI chair, but it was allowed in last time no problem:

https://shop.bestreviews.com/produc...reat-beach-hiking-backpacking-and-sporting-ev

:wizard:

2) Can I get a storepass while being in line for another panel? I will be traveling alone but was thinking of having someone hold my position in line. Is this possible or definitely not happening? I'll either be in line for the store or a big panel.
You’d want to have some idea of what times you’d want for your store pass, as when you get one it is for a specific entry time ie 10:00 or 1:30. Some times and some stores go faster. Sometimes the line for the store passes was long & other times not too bad. You could probably ask someone to hold your spot, ie most of us do that for bathroom breaks, but you not sure how that might work if the store pass line was on the long side and the panel line started moving, compressing, etc.

Not sure if this has been pointed out but Disneyland's website has been updated with pricing for the lightsabers and droids.

$199.99 per lightsaber, comes with a carrying case- no discounts.

$99 per droid and they have to be carried through the land and will have Bluetooth capabilities.

Well, better up that souvenir budget..

Not sure if this has been pointed out but Disneyland's website has been updated with pricing for the lightsabers and droids.

$199.99 per lightsaber, comes with a carrying case- no discounts.

$99 per droid and they have to be carried through the land and will have Bluetooth capabilities.

Well, better up that souvenir budget..

The droid is a go for me, the lightsaber though... the lightsaber is not happening.

My son just came in with his list. He has $400 saved up and plans to blow it all :eek:.

Ultimately, its his money, but I wish he would hold some of it back. I'm trying to talk him into buying just one thing on the first trip. Then if he really wants more, he can get it later in the summer.

The droid is a go for me, the lightsaber though... the lightsaber is not happening.

Yeah, I’m thinking the same.. but then again maybe I’ll wait and see what folks have to say about them. I’m a pretty hardcore Star Wars fan so would be a cool collectible. Although my kid may be aghast at the idea of buying it to just sit on the shelf. :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter