D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really interesting! So here’s what I will be looking for:
The article says that if you get a reservation for Savi’s or Oga’s, then you don’t need to get a boarding pass time, as the reservation itself will allow you access to the land. DH wants to build a lightsaber, but The Boy and I do not. However, we all want to experience the land and enjoy Smugglers’ Run together. So, if DH gets a Savi’s reservation, will our whole family be allowed to enter? Or will we have to hope we can time his reservation with a separate Boarding Group time for The Boy and me?

After reading this, I would recommend forgoing the Virtual Queue, and instead make a reservation for either or both the Cantina (my favorite thing there) or the Savi Lightsaber Experience for later in the day (around 3pm-5pm).

This way you can enjoy the park in the morning, you could easily be done with most of Disneyland by 3pm, then head over to SWGE.

ME

Last edited:
So now the unknown for me is what are ride wait times going to be like? Like if we grab an oga’s for 10am, but the ride wait times by 10am are horrible..

I’m trying to plan when in our trip we will plan to go over there. We like to use our magic morning to do fantasy land and start banking fastpasses for DCA and hop over..

thinking maybe on a non magic morning day we will try to snag an early oga time and rope drop SWGE.

Will deff be watching wait times next week. We arrive July 1st.

Another option is we arrive around noon on the 1st. But flying early in the morning. Could try and grab a late evening reservation for oga.

The article says that if you get a reservation for Savi’s or Oga’s, then you don’t need to get a boarding pass time, as the reservation itself will allow you access to the land. DH wants to build a lightsaber, but The Boy and I do not. However, we all want to experience the land and enjoy Smugglers’ Run together. So, if DH gets a Savi’s reservation, will our whole family be allowed to enter? Or will we have to hope we can time his reservation with a separate Boarding Group time for The Boy and me?
I think if you are a party of 3, including one child, it will be fine to go in with the Savi reservation. As long as it's not crowded and you don't abuse it they haven't been strict with the 1-observer for Savi and Droid Depot.

If you had a party larger than that, it is unclear and I would think it may be easier to get a regular boarding time for all of you and just enter before the reservation. The builder can do other things before going into the workshop.

Any word on droid backpacks? Are they back in stock?

We were there on Monday and Tuesday and the backpacks were not back in stock. But you never know. They were out of the gift cards for awhile and today a Facebook group posted that the cards were back in stock this afternoon. They were also out of the R2-D2 bowls for a bit but those were back on Monday.

After reading this, I would recommend forgoing the Virtual Queue, and instead make a reservation for either or both the Cantina (our favorite thing there) or the Savi Lightsaber Experience for later in the day (around 3pm-5pm
ME
As is noted in the article, a Savi's reservation will require you to pay $200 when you make it.

I will be interested in how many people can get a reservation for Oga's via the app. We are a family of 7 and would hate to be limited to just 6 people.

So now the unknown for me is what are ride wait times going to be like? Like if we grab an oga’s for 10am, but the ride wait times by 10am are horrible..

I’m trying to plan when in our trip we will plan to go over there. We like to use our magic morning to do fantasy land and start banking fastpasses for DCA and hop over..

thinking maybe on a non magic morning day we will try to snag an early oga time and rope drop SWGE.

Will deff be watching wait times next week. We arrive July 1st.

Another option is we arrive around noon on the 1st. But flying early in the morning. Could try and grab a late evening reservation for oga.

I would grab an Oga's Cantina reservation whenever you can get it and worry about the ride later. You can always try to enter the land other times for the ride- or try to rope drop the ride and then have a Cantina Reservation later (although I imagine rope dropping that ride is going to a crazy race) Having been there-- at least for us-- Oga's was the absolute highlight. Even if you don't drink any of the alcoholic beverages (I didn't as it was 8:00 a.m., DD didn't as she is 13, but DH did), the detail in the place is just incredible and something to see. I will warn you though as far as the snacks, Oga's Obsession is great (much better than I expected and definitely something to try), but unless you are a huge fan of spicy you might want to stay away from Batuu Bites. All 3 of us found them pretty gross and DH and DD both can handle a lot of spice. Also FYI-- you want that souvenir Porg cup non-alcoholic drink- it will set you back $32.00. The prices in Galaxy's Edge are high-- but the place really is amazing!

Last edited:
The military hotel discount information she gave you is definitely false. I booked a military discount (35%) room at the DLH for July 4-7 about a month ago. When I called, ALL 3 hotels had discounted rooms available in several room categories. Call back.

It's very interesting that they're charging a premium for hotel rooms with no discounts, with no benefit to access Galaxy's Edge after the 23rd. Especially, given their availability.

It is crazy. I just called and the CM said absolutely ZERO discounts until September. She wouldn't even look in the system for me when I asked if she could try. I also inquired when policy changed to no discounts and she said about a week ago. It is a bummer. I could understand if rooms were scarce, but they are not. Even over a weekend. :rolleyes2

It now says the builder can bring two guests, so all three of you will be able to enjoy the experience.

Reactions: EmJ
Some more notes on today's Disneyland news...

Savi's has you make a $199.99 non-refundable "deposit". If you don't show up you just lost $200. This is good you the build + 2 guests.

Oga's requires a credit card reservation much like other reservations and you will be charged $10 per person for a no show. You cannot cancel. Reservation is a 45 minute window and you have a 2 drink max.

Decisions, decisions...

We currently have reservations for the 23rd at 8am. We want to go to the Cantina which we know means being there super early. So do we still go for that or try for an Oga reservation for the 24/25th? We’re a party of 6, so I worry about it being too big to get a reservation easily and/or system overload.

We currently have reservations for the 23rd at 8am. We want to go to the Cantina which we know means being there super early...
Actually, that is something I am wondering about. It states that same-day reservations for Oga's can be made from 7am, but it does not state that you must have already entered the Park. I am hoping that a reservation is possible for that day even for guests who don't plan on entering until later. I can almost never arrive before midday, so this Oga's thing might be the only way for me to get into SW:GE for quite some time.

Actually, that is something I am wondering about. It states that same-day reservations for Oga's can be made from 7am, but it does not state that you must have already entered the Park. I am hoping that a reservation is possible for that day even for guests who don't plan on entering until later. I can almost never arrive before midday, so this Oga's thing might be the only way for me to get into SW:GE for quite some time.
Since you can make a reservation on the website it seems that you do not need to be in the park.

I was talking about our reservation to the land on the 23rd and needing to get there early in order to get into Oga’s.

I agree that starting the 24th, you don’t need to be physically in the park to make the reservation.

Just talked it over with the family though and they want to keep our original plans for the 23rd, which is a crazy early start and use the reservation system on the 24th if for some reason we can’t get into to Oga’s on the 23rd.

We visited SWGE opening weekend arriving 5/31 and leaving 6/5. We just lucked into opening weekend with the ideal low crowds having booked our 20th anniversary trip for DL before opening dates were announced. As it was only our 2nd DL visit ever, we didn't notice the special edition SWGE DL maps until the 3rd day of the opening. After that we started snagging a couple each time we passed them, and so we came home with a small stack to share with our disboard friends. If you would like a map, please PM me with your address.
Thanks for the map. I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter