Damar Hamlin - prayers

AgentMama

DIS Veteran
I've never witnessed anything like what happened in the Cincinnati vs. Buffalo game tonight. Damar Hamlin took a hit, stood up and fell and was down on the field for about 15 minutes, medics performed CPR and an ambulance took him off the field.

I cannot imagine how they continue to play tonight?

I hope the outcome is positive for this 24 year old young man. So sad.

I’m in shock. Terrifying to watch.. prayers have been sent up for this young man. May his Angels watch over him tonight and see him through to a full recovery.

I know so many at the game tonight. It’s hard enough watching as a fan. Can’t imagine how the players are feeling.

I heard about it was so glad I was not watching hope he is ok. Poor Bills. Earlier today a player from Purdue got hurt during the bowl game with LSU and they had to stabilize his neck and put a board under him. Thankfully I just read he is ok.

I’ve heard of some incidents although I don’t recall one mid game like this that wasn’t necessarily from a physical impact. The pregame collapse and eventual death of Hank Gathers comes to mind, but he already had a diagnosed heart condition.

I’ve heard of some incidents although I don’t recall one mid game like this that wasn’t necessarily from a physical impact. The pregame collapse and eventual death of Hank Gathers comes to mind, but he already had a diagnosed heart condition.
He took a big hit prior to collapsing.

He took a big hit prior to collapsing.

I was thinking something like a readily apparent physical injury like Darryl Stingley’s. I thought that this case was where he stumbled before collapsing.

I was thinking something like a readily apparent physical injury like Darryl Stingley’s. I thought that this case was where he stumbled before collapsing.
Yeah…it was a fairly “ordinary” play by NFL standards. Everyone‘s first reaction is head injury, but it could equally be a cardiac event from the hit to the chest or unknown existing issue

Yeah…it was a fairly “ordinary” play by NFL standards. Everyone‘s first reaction is head injury, but it could equally be a cardiac event from the hit to the chest or unknown existing issue
Fairly ordinary by any level of tackle football I'd say. Prayers to him, his family, and the teams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter