• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

I wonder too. I would think the vouchers will be dependent on the current owners who had renters during the closed period either returning the 70% of renting the points again to a new renter so that money can be used to cover cost of the voucher,

Who makes up the difference If you have an owner walking away with the 70% because the points that were used are expiring?

And chargebacks....

If I was a renter I don't think I'd take the gamble.

Update on promised refund (before the "credit" announcement)- Have not received anything and after an email last week, I was told it would be checked on, again. Since, at least I found out they were expiring points, I will likely let it go, its only a 3 night 1 bed stay. BUT I also rented a 2 bed for 10 nights in October and I'm starting to worry that they may be out of business by then and that would be a had pill to swallow. The only silver lining is that by not going for a bit means I may finally catch up on my own points!

Newest post from David's:

A Timeline Update about the DVCR Travel Credit!
As previously announced, we are issuing guests whose travel dates overlap the Disney Vacation Club Resort closures a Travel Credit through David's Vacation Club Rentals.
Starting Thursday April 16th, the Travel Credit system will be rolled out, and we'll begin contacting our guests to provide them with the exact details about how the Credit works, the dollar value, how to redeem the Credit, and the terms and conditions.
Additionally, after listening to the feedback from our guests, we've extended the timeline for the travel credit; guests will have 24 months from the date of issue to redeem their Credit.

I underlined this part of contract when I made my chargeback... And the letter from David's saying my reservation was cancelled.
When did you actually get a letter saying your reservation was canceled? My trip for April 18th to Aulani has not sent me anything from David's. Nor have I received an update email stating more about the credit.

Newest post from David's:

A Timeline Update about the DVCR Travel Credit!
As previously announced, we are issuing guests whose travel dates overlap the Disney Vacation Club Resort closures a Travel Credit through David's Vacation Club Rentals.
Starting Thursday April 16th, the Travel Credit system will be rolled out, and we'll begin contacting our guests to provide them with the exact details about how the Credit works, the dollar value, how to redeem the Credit, and the terms and conditions.
Additionally, after listening to the feedback from our guests, we've extended the timeline for the travel credit; guests will have 24 months from the date of issue to redeem their Credit.
Hopefully they are still in business in 24 months.

When did you actually get a letter saying your reservation was canceled? My trip for April 18th to Aulani has not sent me anything from David's. Nor have I received an update email stating more about the credit.

My April 20 reservation hasn’t even been canceled yet. Your Aulani may not be cancelled yet either. DVC said they were canceling reservations a week before check in.

Also, the updates I’ve seen have been on David’s website and Facebook pages. The only email I’ve received is the original.

My April 20 reservation hasn’t even been canceled yet. Your Aulani may not be cancelled yet either. DVC said they were canceling reservations a week before check in.

Also, the updates I’ve seen have been on David’s website and Facebook pages. The only email I’ve received is the original.
Yes my Aulani reservation still shows active and even will let me do online check in.

I will never use David’s to rent points again. 3 emails to them weeks ago and I offered to return the 70%, AFTER I cancel the reservation and make sure my borrowed 2020 points are returned to their UY. I warned them that DVC might reverse the decision to return borrowed points at any time. Then they send me this: they want me NOT to cancel AND return the 70% :rotfl2:If that doesn’t take nerve. I told them to get bent.They’re establishing a damned Ponzi scheme.

I contacted my renter weeks ago, letting them know that I would help out. They weren’t too interested (maybe sure WDW would be open). Got a panic email a few days ago. Asking me what to do.... yeah. I tried to help you weeks ago. Contact David’s... good luck with that...BA7CC0F7-D6B2-4B89-992D-87D39A3AA51D.png

I will never use David’s to rent points again. 3 emails to them weeks ago and I offered to return the 70%, AFTER I cancel the reservation and make sure my borrowed 2020 points are returned to their UY. I warned them that DVC might reverse the decision to return borrowed points at any time. Then they send me this: they want me NOT to cancel AND return the 70% :rotfl2:If that doesn’t take nerve. I told them to get bent.They’re establishing a damned Ponzi scheme.

I contacted my renter weeks ago, letting them know that I would help out. They weren’t too interested (maybe sure WDW would be open). Got a panic email a few days ago. Asking me what to do.... yeah. I tried to help you weeks ago. Contact David’s... good luck with that...View attachment 487233

They don’t want you to do the canceling because then the renter would be able to claim that you breached and they get the money back.

And, of course, that doesn’t work for their voucher model. I am so sorry that your efforts to actually help the renter you contracted with though David’s wasn't the priority For him...and now it sounds as if the renter realizes that too

They don’t want you to do the canceling because then the renter would be able to claim that you breached and they get the money back.

And, of course, that doesn’t work for their voucher model. I am so sorry that your efforts to actually help the renter you contracted with though David’s wasn't the priority For him...and now it sounds as if the renter realizes that too
Yes. And honestly that’s why I am not canceling myself. DVC will cancel the reservation May 2. If my points are stuck and expire July 31 I will ask for the remaining 30% but not hold my breath. I was willing to help in anyway I could, but not on terms that will burn me. I’m working 12 hr days from home while homeschooling 3 kids and taking care of household chores. I don’t have time for this game. They need to just refund the renters who can be refunded *while* they can be refunded.

I contacted my renter weeks ago, letting them know that I would help out. They weren’t too interested (maybe sure WDW would be open). Got a panic email a few days ago. Asking me what to do.... yeah. I tried to help you weeks ago. Contact David’s... good luck with that...View attachment 487233

Ouch...You have now broken the contract and have become liable.

Ouch...You have now broken the contract and have become liable.
Sorry? Liable for what exactly? I already told them I’d return the money, reclaim my points and be done. I also directed the renter to contact David’s ASAP as I was (and continue to be) worried DVC will stop returning borrowed points. Not sure what I’m liable for.

Read your second sentence to mean that you emailed them AFTER you canceled.

My apologies. But sheesh... didn’t mean to make you hate the board.

Read your second sentence to mean that you emailed them AFTER you canceled.

My apologies. But sheesh... didn’t mean to make you hate the board.
No worries. The hatred was well established before your comment, so no need to take that responsibility on 👍🏻

So what would happen IF she broke the contract by canceling the reservation before David’s wanted her too? What could David’s do to her other than wanting their 70% back?

I wrote exactly that- Ponzi scheme, in my documentation for chargeback. I had asked about Disney being closed and wanting to reschedule or see what options were and they said one owner cancelled my reservation. The other did as well. I don't have email for the one but was cancelled 18 days before trip so not Disney. They probably had folks cancel before they dreamed up their Ponzi scheme. No way they can pay for cash reservations 2 years out of they don't get cash back from owners. Shady as f.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter