Davy Crockett Ranch FAQ & Information Thread

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
Davy Crockett Ranch​
Davy_Crockett_Logo.jpg
*2 stars* *Mid-Range*​

Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch is a mid-range property situated 15 minutes drive from the two Disneyland Resort Paris parks. You are part of the magic yet seem worlds away on the 57 hectare site with around 150 lodges.

Ariel_shot_DCR.jpg

As with other Disney property security is through a manned gatehouse and the extra piece of mind in a keypad barrier entry.

SEE A SUPERB *VIDEO CLIPS* OF THE FACILITIES OF DAVY CROCKETT RANCH BY CLICKING HERE

Cabins

The cabins are divided into different Trails, which are connected by a series of paths.

tdl_board_minute0013.jpg

Cabins come in 1 or 2 bedroom choices suitable for 4 to 6 people.

cabin_DCR.jpg

Consisting of a living room including kitchen area, sofa bed, arm chair, table and chairs, television and telephone. The bedroom consists of a double bed, bunk bed and fitted wardrobes. While in the 2 bedroom cabin the second room has the bunk beds and wardrobes.
The toilet and bath are in seperate rooms. The bathroom has washhand basin and shower over the bath.
The kichen is well appointed with 4 plate hob, microwave oven, dishwasher, fridge with ice box, toaster, coffee machine and all the equipment and crockery required.
Bed linen and towels are provided, although you will need a tea towel.

Outside each plot has bbq grill, picnic table and space for car parking.

The following facilities are available:

*Blue Springs Indoor Swimming Pool*
Situated in a separate lodge beside the other facilities, the Davy Crockett ranch swimming pool offers a fun water shute, three Jacuzzis and a bridge walkway across the pool.
Towels can be hired for a small charge.
Considered the best Disney pool in the Resort and for many, one of the main reasons for coming to DCR.

*Crockett Tavern*
This restaurant is famous for its "starter and desert" buffets and serves delicious barbecue-type food. You can find the dinner menu here
A handy feature is that the restaurant offers a take-away service so you can eat back at your cabin, without having to cook for yourself.

TAKE A 360 DEGREE TOUR OF CROCKETT TAVERN BY CLICKING HERE

*Alamo Trading Post Store*
Quite a large store selling provisions as well as a variety of souvenirs and Disney merchandise.
If you use the shopping delivery service at the park you will pick your goods up here later in the evening.

*Crockett's Saloon Bar*
A small cosy bar. As well as seating inside there is also tables outside on the decking.
In the evening there is often a band playing and from the outside area you can watch the many evenings entertainment provided by the Cast Members.

*Bowie's Bike Barn*
Includes the information centre as well as the expected bike hire for touring the ranch. Bikes, quad bikes and scooters availble for hire.

*Davy's Farm*
A petting zoo with a number of animals. Horse and pony rides also available.

*Indian Camp*
Indian camp including tepees.
Behind here are the Reindeer, which appear in the Christmas parade.

*Outdoor Activities*
Outdoor play area
Covered tennis court.

*Lucky Racoon Games Arcade*

Breakfast

All Davy Crockett Ranch packages include breakfast. Breakfast is collected at the various huts, which are convieniently situated in each trail. On presentation of your ID breakfast you are provided with your breakfast in a box so that it can be carried back to your cabin.

Breakfast_1_DCR.jpg

Inside you’ll find 2 croissants per person, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, butter, jam and carton of fresh orange juice. You’ll also get a bagette and milk if required.

Breakfast_DCR.jpg

Guests of the Ranch can park at the parks and at the Disney Village for free, which offers some comfort that you require your own transport as shuttle bus is not available.

For the adventureous there is a tree top climbing adventure park. Further details here

Let me know if there is anything else that you would like to see on DCR faq :)

Yes there is with swings and a climbing frame. Not really suitable for little ones though.

Just seen this Reid!! Excellent, and it's great to have another FAQ to add to the list. :thumbsup2

Hi Thundercats HO! and welcome to the DIS! :welcome:

I'm afraid there is really no way to get to and from the parks without your own transport. :sad2: Had you set your heart on staying there?

Hi
Wouldn't say had heart set on it, but as there may be 8 of us going it seemed the best option

Grrr been trying to work out a good deal all week and its doing my poor little brain in now!

Ah well - back to the drawing board :teacher:

Hi Thundercats HO! and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidlines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Since shuttle buses do not run to Ranch, apart from car then taxi would be the only alternative. Not very handy :)

Don't forget Santas Christmas Reindeers who live at the ranch

When we were there last yr my 15 yr old DD insisted on seeing them. They aren't signposted or on a map!. Anyone know the french for Reindeer? We didn't & found the only (or so it seemed!) non english speaking CM. We mentioned Pere Noel & mimed!!!!! reinderr antlers & he understood.

And yes we did see them!

The menu on the food guide is correct in saying that the buffett at The tavern isn't a character meal. But both nights we ate there last June (2005) characters appeared and also CM/children entertainers.
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Thundercats - have you thought about hiring a car whilst at DLP if flying it would make getting from the airport easier & would allow you to stay at the ranch.

Cyrano said:
*Indian Camp*
Indian camp including tepees.
Behind here are the Reindeer, which appear in the Christmas parade.
Yes, kids will love this :)

Is there any information on the Davy Crockett Adventure? I've been poking around, and the video on the DLP website looks like it's a lot of fun (and not for the faint of heart!).

My younger daughter--my thrill seeker--is keen to do this, but I wonder if it's open seasonally?

I *think* that it might be available only to DCR guests (but not sure!) Any details would be appreciated!

From what it shows in the DLP brochure in front of me, it is open from 14th February to 4th March and then 30th March until 8th November 2007.

The activity begins at 3pm daily. It is 17 or 18 GBP (depending on the date you choose) per adult and 11 or 10 GBP per child.

It is available with kids go free.

Conditions are:
1.10 metres minimum height
110kg maximum weight
Minors 4 years minimum
1 adult with 2 minors maximum
Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult

We are thinking of doing this in Feb but are waiting to see what the weather is like as it might be too cold.:scared1:

Just edited to add, the old brochure states for Davy Crockett guests only but the new brochure has no mention of this.

From what it shows in the DLP brochure in front of me, it is open from 14th February to 4th March and then 30th March until 8th November 2007.

The activity begins at 3pm daily. It is 17 or 18 GBP (depending on the date you choose) per adult and 11 or 10 GBP per child.

It is available with kids go free.

Conditions are:
1.10 metres minimum height
110kg maximum weight
Minors 4 years minimum
1 adult with 2 minors maximum
Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult

We are thinking of doing this in Feb but are waiting to see what the weather is like as it might be too cold.:scared1:

Just edited to add, the old brochure states for Davy Crockett guests only but the new brochure has no mention of this.

GREAT! Thanks for the info, especially about the dates.

This website might be of interest but it is in French. The English pages are still under development.

Also here is a link to someone's visit :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter