Davy Crockett Ranch FAQ & Information Thread

There was a travel size kettle in the 1 bed and a large normal size kettle in the 2 bed

We stayed here on our last visit and absolutly loved it, i had read mixed reviews so we realy werent sure what to expect... but it gets the thumbs up from us :thumbsup2 . Your could easily spend a day at the ranch exploring all it has to offer so you wont get bored! Have fun :wizard:

Thanks Reid this is excellent.

Claire and I are staying here in December. I cant wait. There will be 10 of us and guess what only 4 of those are adults. ARrgh.Lol.

Anyway thank you.

I have a few questions.

Can we enter the park before check in? As our ferry will leave Dover at 8:00am.?

do the characters show up at the dinner buffet resturant?

Is the parking free at the village parking. Opposite the cinema? The reason I ask its much closer to disneyland park. My children were so tired and struggled to walk back to the main car park.

Many thanks

Unless you have annual passes you will need to go to DCR first to check in and collect your tickets however you can check in at any time but probably wont be able to get into your accomodation til after 3.00 (We checked in at Santa Fe at 8.00am once)

As far as I know the characters arent at the restaurant but do appear for meet and greet putside the retaurant bar area

Unfortunately you have to pay to park at the Disney Village carpark - it is quite expensive as you pay per hr

I love the DCR! Can't wait to go back soon, its my favorate hotel bnut we stopped going there after they stopped the free shuttle bus. I love driving but the Eurostar is just soo quick and easy for me!

I just read online that the bunkbeds cannot be used by those weighing 70kg or more. Is this true!?

It is possible to get away with a bit more than that on the bottom bunk, but I don't think I'd fancy trying more than that on the top bunk :goodvibes

We stayed for 5 nights this week in a 2 bed cabin.

SSL14934.jpg

The cabin was comfortable and clean, which was a relief as I had read a few iffy reviews.

SSL15133.jpg

SSL15022.jpg

SSL15028.jpg

SSL15020.jpg

We picked breakfast up at 7.30 each morning and ate the croissants and brioches on the way to the Park, saving the baguette for later. We went back to the Ranch at around midday and ate the baguette for lunch with spreads (provided with breakfast) and cheeses and ham (bought at Auchan). We would then spend a few hours relaxing and/or swimming before heading back to the Parks.

The Village part of the Ranch was nice.

SSL14994.jpg

and the pool was lovely, although a bit chilly at first. One day the children were in there for 2 hours and would have stayed longer if we hadn't had a meal booked!

SSL14998.jpg

SSL14999.jpg

SSL15000.jpg

and one silly one for luck.:banana:

SSL15082.jpg

Your 2 bed cabin looks much better than some of the 1 bed cabins we've had. I know it doesn't make a difference to the sleeping numbers, but I think next time we stay at the DCR, we might consider the upgrade to a 2 bed just for the extra cleanliness.

Your 2 bed cabin looks much better than some of the 1 bed cabins we've had. I know it doesn't make a difference to the sleeping numbers, but I think next time we stay at the DCR, we might consider the upgrade to a 2 bed just for the extra cleanliness.

I agree they are much better. We stayed in a 1 bedroom one at Christmas for 2 nights then when we needed somewhere to stay for a night at Easter before going to the campsite we opted for a 2 bedroom one for 1 night. It was much nicer. definitely worth the extra cost which isnt that much really

Just thought i would check out this thread as me and michelle, angel659, are staying here and i see that she already posted:lmao: but its great to see some piccies of the 2 bed as thats what i have, great thread for me to refer to, had no idea about boxed breakfasts or that the characters showed up, i feel like such a disney amateur again!

Just thought i would check out this thread as me and michelle, angel659, are staying here and i see that she already posted:lmao: but its great to see some piccies of the 2 bed as thats what i have, great thread for me to refer to, had no idea about boxed breakfasts or that the characters showed up, i feel like such a disney amateur again!

Claire I'm the same about WDW :goodvibes
If you have other questions just start a thread and I'm sure you'll get lots of help :thumbsup2

We will be staying here for 4 nights starting the 8th of September...I will take pictures and post them here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter