Davy Crockett Ranch FAQ & Information Thread

This is, IMHO, the best hotel in DLRP.

The2 bed cabin that we had was lovely. Looked like it had been refurbished very recently as there was no chipped paint, scratches, dent's etc in any of the walls or furniature. The beds were very comfy, even the sofa bed that I had to sleep on despite paying for the holiday!

The Villiage at the DCR was very nice and we ate at the buffet restuarant there on the Saturday night (review posted in the appropriate place)

Two minor grumbles...well three actually...

1) One one key...for a two bedroom cabin???
2) Space out the front of the cabin was a bit of a squeeze for two cars
3) I had to call them twice for a baby cot and three times for a high chair...both of which had been requested on the original booking, confirmed the week before and then asked for again when checking in...baby cot finally arrived at 10.20pm...way past Kacee's bedtime!

I'd stay here again...and I think the wife only wants to stay here in the future

We stayed here from 13 Sept - 18 Sept in a 2 bed cabin

Check in was pretty easy, we arrived at about 1.15pm and didn't expect our cabin to be ready, but it was so we got our tickets, key etc and went off to the cabin, we were in 190 which is on Moccasin trail just after the little cut through is.

I would not recommend the DCR (although I know lots of people love it, it just wasn't for us)

The cabin was quite dark, the tv was tiny (we had a bigger one even in the smaller room in the Cheyenne) the kitchen area I felt was small and it's not enough to be fully self catering (no oven) when we arrived the fridge/freezer had been turned off so there was water everywhere. Dishwasher was not much use even at the hottest setting the little cubes didn't dissolve & we found them lurking at the bottom each time.

Bedroom duvet was very thin, thankfully we weren't using the sofa bed so I used that duvet on top though I do like that there is a safe for use in the bedroom.

The toilet was small and low and ours leaked and had obviously leaked for a while as there was water on the loo floor and the lino/laminate had warped. Bathroom, there was mould around the skirting board where the bath leaked there was also no plug for the sink

We found breakfast a little disappointing but at least fresh

My little boy loved the pool, it was very cold but it was the first time he'd been swimming and loved it, especially the bridge, DH sat out as he can't swim and did notice though that at times there were no lifeguards for 10 minute slots, perhaps a change over time.

Shop was expensive, 4.90e for a packet of 4 slices of ham, we went to the Auchan which was great - apart from the mouse under the checkout and I don't mean Mickey:scared1:

I think we might have hit a bum cabin, most of those on Moccasin had been removed to be towed away so perhaps ours will join them next week & perhaps there will be new ones added for next year, but I think after having a look around, we're heading for luxury next year and are going to splurge on the DLH

We stayed at DCR for three nights 3-6 December 2009.

We were lucky enough to be upgraded to one of the new (refurbished?) 2 bedroom cabins on the Tomahawk Trail. We stayed in cabin 1420.

DSC_0681.jpg

The cabin consisted of a spacious lounge/kitchen diner in the middle section.

DSC_0372.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

The table seats six which was good but there is only enough room on the sofa for three which is a bit disappointing given the cabins capacity.
The TV is positioned on top of a cupboard which seems to be additional wardrobe hanging, although it also stores a long handled dustpan and brush:confused3:confused3 next to the tall TV cupboard was a small desk area with power points and a/c remote holder. This area would have benefitted from some additional seperate lighting.
The kitchen was well equiped although lacked a toaster. The hob has a frosted glass splashback and an extractor above. The huge fridge/freezer is housed next to the "front door" adjacent to the kitchen. The Dishwasher is housed under the hob, we used it and it worked well.

I just want to note that the lighting in this room was awful, and consisted of two energy saving lightbulbs in metal shades which at different times of the day seemed too bright or not bright enough. We used the light in the extractor over the hob in the evening as it was mellower.

Up one end was a room with a sliding door which consisted of three single beds with the potential of four as one had a roll out bed under it. In the picture below the trundle bed is the one on the right. IMHO bunk beds and two singles would have made this room more spacious. Also, there was only a very skinny wardrobe which isn't enough for a potenial four inhabitants.

DSC_0370.jpg

Just outside this room was a toilet on one side and a shower room on the other. Shower room consists on good size sink with storage under and well lit mirror above, heated towel rail, storage shelves and good powerful shower.

DSC_0371-1.jpg

Up the other end of the cabin was the double with ensuite.

DSC_0373.jpg

This room is nice with nice independent halogen reading lights on each side of the bed, cupboards and shelves above for storage. Next to the door to the ensuite there is additional shelves and a small wardrobe, inside this short wardrobe was the safe.

DSC_0374.jpg

The ensuite consisted of a powerful shower, toilet, heated towel rail behind the door and a fantastic large (baby bath size) corian sink with well lit mirror and storage under. The tap on the sink seemed to have a pump and had a pull out attachment with different flow adjusters to reach around the whole large sink :thumbsup2

Outside the decked area had a picnic table and a large rectangle box which serves as additional seating and when I lifted the lid and looked inside it had wrapped towel bales and sheets in it.
In additional to the main entrance door the cabin has triple doors that seemed to open right up onto the deck - this is a lovely touch and will be great in the summer. The BBQ was down the three steps off the deck.

DSC_0685.jpg

DSC_0684-2.jpg

We had a great stay at this cabin and it was a great bonus having two showers which we used at the same time with no reduction in pressure. The cabin was also very well heated and never felt cold, the wall heaters were easily adjustable.

That concludes my review of the new cabins:)

a little note for those of you with children who are used to blackout blinds - the curtains are useless, but luckily the shutters close fully and are latched on the inside. this does mean that with the door closed it was pitch black so we were glad we had the night light for their room in case they woke in the night.

also, we had a two bedroomed cottage on coyote trail and had booked for two adults a 5yr old and a 1 yr old in a cot. the cot was not set up when we got there - and we almost couldn't fit it in. we could only put it near the door which made it very difficult taking the 5yr old to the toilet at 10pm!

on the plus side - they have playhouse disney on the tv in english from 7am. very handy!

We stayed here from Sun 15th Feb 2015 to Thurs 19th Feb. 3 adults and 2 teenage girls sharing a cabin. We booked for 1 adult with the dining plan and the rest of us had Francillian AP's. I had sent an email ahead telling them we would have additional adults and requesting a room near the village. Check in was welcoming and straightforward and we were given a great cabin in Tomahawk trail near the entrance and breakfast hut.
IMG_0381.JPG
This was perfect position for walking to the village and it was an upgrade to Premium Plus we also had 2 bottles of water and chocolate coins on arrival.
IMG_0385.JPG

We had travelled from Northumberland using the eurotunnel and the journey took just under 12 hours - good timing! We arrived at about 6.30 pm so spent the first night exploring the ranch and relaxing in our cabin.
We used the pool which was lovely and not too cold. Lockers were freely available at no charge, but we brought our own towels.

IMG_0441.JPG
We decided to self cater on our first night, which was really easy as the cabin was well equipped with 6 of plates, small plates, bowls, mugs, glasses, wine glasses and cutlery. There was a large pan and collander and cooking utensils.

IMG_0388.JPG

We had brought some pasta and sauce from home and bought lovely French bread from the onsite shop at 1 euro 10 cents which I didn't think was too bad and was delicious.
IMG_0443.JPG
It was great having 2 showers in the cabin. We had 1 pillow each so phoned reception to request more and extra towels which they sent over straight away. We had 4 breakfast vouchers which we used over 2 mornings. Each voucher gave you a croissant or cereal, a small baguette, a tin of minute maid juice, coffee and tea sachets, nutella and jam and a small carton of milk. Otherwise it was 8 euros 50 cents to buy. The cabin's aren't serviced during your stay, but you can request further towels etc and we had a cleaning kit with dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid and cloths.

This was our first experience of driving into the parks and using the car parks. It took about half an hour from leaving the cabin to arriving in the park. The car parks were really well organised and easy to use.

We really enjoyed our time here and the flexibility of combining some self catering with eating in the parks. We did miss the walk around lake disney from other onsite hotels and we were never on time for Extra Magic hours, but it was very relaxing, particularly during a cold and busy February half term.

IMG_0408.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter