DCL House Parties are Back! *** PLANNING THREAD ***

We had to postpone our party due to all the kids that were out of school due to H1n1. I am just starting to pull everything together for our new date. BUT I have never been able to access the Host Party site - I don't know if it is Vista, a cookie problem with my computer or what. :confused3 I am very frustrated.
If there was a page of downloads (as in page 13 on this thread from the 2007 party), can someone send me the link to it? At this point I don't think I will ever be able to get on the site and I am afraid that it will disappear.
Thanks!!
jude

I too had to postpone my party .. until Thanksgiving weekend. The downloads for the party this year are pretty much the same that was available for 2007, but here is a link

http://www.houseparty.com/disneycruiseline/favors

If you can't access let me know, and maybe I can send you the PDF files.

Sweepstakes - One host and one non host will win a cruise. HP will track via email. They already know all the hosts emails from the party info. So if someone registers with other than your email, obviously thay are a non host.

We had a great party - 30 in all - and it truly was a bon voyage as all of us are going on the Magic Eastern cruise this week.:cloud9:

Judi

We had a blast. I think I had about 30ish people over the course of the afternoon. Everyone wants to "RIDE THE DUCK"

I was expecting to keep my guest entertained, while DS entertained the kids as Mad Scientist Matt and the Art of Flubber. Half my adults ditched me and went to the "Oceaneer Lab" in my kitchen. By the end of the day, we had Blue Flubber, Green Flubber, pink flubber and orange flubber. I have no glue left in my house.

The "Topsider Buffet" in the Dining room and "Pluto's Doghouse" in the kitchen worked great for food.

Plus I used all my extra Castaway Club Gifts as door prizes. Everyone went home happy.

If I get picked again, I have so many ideas on how to Kick-it-up a notch. :) :)

I only hope they will do this in the Fall or something where we can go outside

So confused about the token thing. Our party is this weekend. Are the tokens only for adults? Is it one per family? Can someone please explain the entire process to me since I seem to be token challenged!:goodvibes

Tokens, one per adult guest. US citizens only. I entered this morning. Go to the HP Tokens site, put in the codes that are on the token and your email, they email you back a confirmation number. You go back to HP and put that number in, then you can email up to 20 friends who can then enter with out a code at all. SO everyone who has a code gets up to 20 additonal chances to win.

I got a confirmation email back from HP but there was no link to the redemption site to plug in the special code to be officially entered in the drawing. Does anyone have the link to the redemption site? Thanks

I think you should not have closed the site when you entered. Try going back and entering your codes again and see what happens.

Yes, you can not close the window as you are entering. You have to open a new window and get the code and go back to the token redemption site and plug in the code. I hope that makes sense. Try to reenter the orginal code and see if they let you use it again.;)

Ok.... Side bar that I thought was a bit funny.... We threw our party at a hotel.... We had 42 guest with kids attend... Well we decided to make the pool the new "Donald Pool." Well at the pool were other families and all of the chairs were taken when we first arrived. We did not get to the pool until after we did the "Welcome Aboard", we even had a "Safety Drill" explaining to the kids the rules of the night.:lmao: We ate, played triva, watched the DVD, kids had a "club" set up and we had fun.. Anyway when we got to the pool, the chairs were all taken, but by TOWELS....:lmao::lmao: So I went on chair patrol for butts comfort and not towel holding. I then told my friend "This experience has now completed the house cruise perfectly by saving chairs at the pool.....":lmao::lmao::lmao:

I actually needed the laugh... We were scheduled to be on the ship right this moment and had to cancel due to kids & testing.:sad2:

Ok.... Side bar that I thought was a bit funny.... We threw our party at a hotel.... We had 42 guest with kids attend... Well we decided to make the pool the new "Donald Pool." Well at the pool were other families and all of the chairs were taken when we first arrived. We did not get to the pool until after we did the "Welcome Aboard", we even had a "Safety Drill" explaining to the kids the rules of the night.:lmao: We ate, played triva, watched the DVD, kids had a "club" set up and we had fun.. Anyway when we got to the pool, the chairs were taken up, but by TOWELS....:lmao::lmao: So I went on chair patrol for butts and not chairs and told my girlfriend "This has now completed the cruise exsperience. Saving chairs at the pool.....":lmao::lmao::lmao:

I actually needed the laugh... We were scheduled to be on the ship right this moment and had to cancel due to kids & testing.:sad2:

Cool Party!!! Bet it was loads of fun!

Tokens, one per adult guest. US citizens only. I entered this morning. Go to the HP Tokens site, put in the codes that are on the token and your email, they email you back a confirmation number. You go back to HP and put that number in, then you can email up to 20 friends who can then enter with out a code at all. SO everyone who has a code gets up to 20 additonal chances to win.

Because the 20 people you email....when they enter you get an additional 'chance' to win too? :confused3

I'm assuming there is only ONE ENTRY PER E-MAIL ADDRESS, right? Or is it one per person (I have three e-mails). Besides my token received as a guest, some other friend e-mailed me as one of their twenty 'forwards'...can I enter again, if it's an e-mail address from my party one?

Marsha....we're looking to you as the contest entry expert!

Because the 20 people you email....when they enter you get an additional 'chance' to win too? :confused3 Yes, when I entered and emailed, as soon as the people I emailed entered, it automatically gave me another entry.

I'm assuming there is only ONE ENTRY PER E-MAIL ADDRESS, right? YES Or is it one per person (I have three e-mails). Besides my token received as a guest, some other friend e-mailed me as one of their twenty 'forwards'...can I enter again, if it's an e-mail address from my party one? I don't know, but try it.

Marsha....we're looking to you as the contest entry expert!

Oh gosh, I am not the expert, I am just trying and reporting on what works. Gosh, I hope someone from my party wins, maybe even ME!!!!!

Oh gosh, I am not the expert, I am just trying and reporting on what works. Gosh, I hope someone from my party wins, maybe even ME!!!!!

Well, as I mentioned, at the last houseparty, my hostess (NotSoLittleMermaid) AND one of her guests (virtual) won! :thumbsup2 (....and neither of them took me....:sad2:)

anyone know anything about the print they are supposed to be sending to the people who did not get picked? i got an email saying they would send it but have not yet received. i live in canada and wonder if this is the reason. anyone get one???

Can't reenter another code with the original email address. It says that email address has been used. Sent an email to them. Hopefully I can get it fixed so i can enter.

Can't reenter another code with the original email address. It says that email address has been used. Sent an email to them. Hopefully I can get it fixed so i can enter.

Was this a situation where you are trying to enter the confirmation code that was emailed to you, but you'd already closed the original window? Or are you trying to do a second entry for the drawing? If it's the first situation, did you click through from the email that you received with the actual entry code, or were you trying to open up the window again by reentering the information. I was able to click through from the link in the email that said "Need to return to your Sweeps page? Click Here" and it brought up all the original entry information okay.

If the latter, I think it's only one entry per email address, which is a bit of a bummer if multiple people share an email address.

Yes, it is the first situation. I will try your solution. Thanks
update--did not work. It brings me to the House party token page and says that this token has already ben used. I did email them about it--Hopefully they will answer. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter