DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Last day at the office this week for me and off to PEI for a basketball tournament tomorrow, first game is at UPEI so maybe it will help DS with the decision.
Well that's a bit of luck. Will be a good chance for him to check out the place.
I haven't been to PEI since I was a teenager but I would like to go back.

Now I just need to figure out a way to grab a decent nap while still appearing to actually be productive.
That's a challenge.
I often find myself trying to appear productive while I'm spending a too long coffee break on DISboards.

The type face may need to be right small to pull it off.
But it'd be worth it just to see the reactions caused by actually wearing such a thing down at WDW.
Can you imagine walking up to meet Jasmine with a "look under her magic carpet for the diamond in the rough" shirt? :laughing:

Speaking of DD, PR's birthday is Saturday. She'll officially no longer be a minor. Making a cheesecake for.her tomorrow night and have some other plans for her 18th.
Happy birthday, it's quite a milestone. I had that with my oldest earlier in the year.

Just don't make it too bad that we get banned by Disney.
There is that risk. Unless we find a CM with a twisted sense of humour.

See, science says I have to remain fat. I'll have another bourbon.
I like science. Only 8 hours to another rum & coke.

I'm working on a logo for the "Friday Night Princess Lounge". I'm sure many of you get the visual. Think "Bada Bing" in the Sopranos, but with Sleeping Beauty reclining and Rapunzel leaning against the pole. I'd pay top dollar for such a thing.
Take my money now!

I'm a bit chores-tastic today, so if someone gets to the point where they wanna call it, do a Lumiere, and Be Our Guest.
I got this one.

Well that's a bit of luck. Will be a good chance for him to check out the place.
If Declan thinks like the rest of us, it ain't gonna be the courses he's checking out there. He'll be on totty watch. Oh, to be college age again.
Can you imagine walking up to meet Jasmine with a "look under her magic carpet for the diamond in the rough" shirt? :laughing:
It's the gift that keeps on giving :rotfl:
I got this one.
Good man.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Have a great weekend!
DD wants to be an artist or a vet. I keep trying to explain to her you don't hear the term starving vet for a reason.
I hear ya. Though our jobs are to help our kids to follow their dreams, there does need to be some point that they make a buck or two along the way and get off the payroll. However if Walt went into something like engineering, oh wait he did, or real estate, nope did that too, live action instead of just animation, oh yea that as well .......... never know
Speaking of DD, PR's birthday is Saturday. She'll officially no longer be a minor. Making a cheesecake for.her tomorrow night and have some other plans for her 18th.
Congrats to her! She is now officially part of the "I know what I'm doing" club and that you know longer know your backside from a 10 penny nail.
I had an idea. It would definitely get banned at Disney. I'm working on a logo for the "Friday Night Princess Lounge". I'm sure many of you get the visual. Think "Bada Bing" in the Sopranos, but with Sleeping Beauty reclining and Rapunzel leaning against the pole. I'd pay top dollar for such a thing.

Have a great day chaps. Go. Follow your dream.
The Sopranos reference is great :rotfl:

Morning all...
Another half a day and we're out'a here.

DD wants to be an artist or a vet. I keep trying to explain to her you don't hear the term starving vet for a reason.
The more steady income is alluring. Just so long as it is what really makes you happy.

I chose that route and while I'm "comfortable" I also hate my profession, curse every work day, suffer severe depression, see my life as having been a failure and have on many occasions considered checking out completely. Every day is a struggle and that will never change. Given that, when my young'en said that he wanted to try to follow a dream and I could allow him to give it a try, I figured at was at least worth shot.

Of course, my world has no relevance in any way compared to your world, so I'd expect everyone else to disregard my logic
(or lack there of).

I don't know, salad with bacon, eggs, olives and oil & vinegar is quite tasty and 100% keto friendly.
True...
Veggies with nothing more then vinegar and oil does show up on my general menu.
(excluding the olives that is)

A happy milestone B/D to her.
Welcome to our arbitrary legal definition of adulthood.

So, thanks to a Black Friday online sale, we now have a 43 or 46 inch tv in the living room - Toshiba Amazon Fire. I didn't have to continue the campus trip this week, so I spent this morning hauling the old tv and stand upstairs until we can figure out what to do with it. It was one of those old heavy, box tvs, and am certainly now sore. Everything is downloaded and I streamed a replay match of West Ham vs Man City.
Good snag.

Not sure what you'll be able to do with the old one if it still had a CRT in it other then scrap it.
The Charities around here wont even take anything with a Cathode Ray tube in it any more.

Easy solution - stop wearing a belt.
Poor choice. Until I spend money on new clothes, nearly all my pants are now to big to keep up over my hips without one.
Hate to go by more while I'm still working of dropping pounds, though.

I'll have another bourbon.
Me too.
Don't even need a n excuse for that one.

Assuming we even got it on property, I would foresee many rather interesting character meet scenarios.

Happy Friday. The weather is absolutely crazy here - cold and now warm again.

I had an idea. It would definitely get banned at Disney. I'm working on a logo for the "Friday Night Princess Lounge". I'm sure many of you get the visual. Think "Bada Bing" in the Sopranos, but with Sleeping Beauty reclining and Rapunzel leaning against the pole. I'd pay top dollar for such a thing.

Yeah, that would probably get you banned. Those Disney princess cosplays do bring me an extra but of magic though.

I was leading with asking if the Magic carpet matched the Magic drapes?

Poor choice. Until I spend money on new clothes, nearly all my pants are now to big to keep up over my hips without one.
Hate to go by more while I'm still working of dropping pounds, though.

I went with suspenders years ago. I tell people I'm fashionably retro as opposed to just fat.

...The more steady income is alluring. Just so long as it is what really makes you happy.

I chose that route and while I'm "comfortable" I also hate my profession, curse every work day, suffer severe depression, see my life as having been a failure and have on many occasions considered checking out completely. Every day is a struggle and that will never change. Given that, when my young'en said that he wanted to try to follow a dream and I could allow him to give it a try, I figured at was at least worth shot.

Hang in there. I know whereof you speak.

I'm trying to avoid giving DS (who turns 17 today) too much advice as my plan of higher ed has left me scrambling to stay employed and reaching the far side of middle age.

I'm not going back to read what I missed in the last two weeks so I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and that it was better than mine. I got a text from Mom on my birthday saying "Happy Birthday, fell, going to hospital". End result was a trip back to the snow belt because she fractured her pelvis and broke her wrist. She is in rehab at a nursing home now.? I stayed with dad until we could make arrangements to get him to my brother's house in Buffalo. Dad fought that hard. Going to have to make some big decisions soon. Mom has to take care of dad because he has some dementia and it will just get worse. Unfortunately when he is lucid he is depressed and when he isn't lucid he can't take care of himself but at least he is content. The golden years seem to be more brass than gold and the can kiss my alien swirling saucer.

Not much I can say to help. I just hope things can get easier for you.
If your son says he has a dream, it's hard to deny his pursuit of that.
I've been with the same company for 21 years now but I still have no idea what I want to do with my life. Retiring comfortably is hopefully the end result.

The golden years seem to be more brass than gold and the can kiss my alien swirling saucer.
Sorry to hear of your troubles. My parents are so far in good health, but I can imagine how difficult it must be when they start to fade.
I do like that Alien Swirling Saucer expression. it never gets old.

Anyway gents, TGIF.

Happy Friday everyone, short day at work today started late and finished early. :cool1:

Today was fastpass day for our trip in Jan/19, did great, managed to get everything we wanted, the only FP that was hard was SDD but ended up getting one this afternoon. The count down is on 60 days to go. :banana:

Time to start the weekend, Bacon is cooking and I just poured a double Rum and Coke. :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Last edited:
I'm trying to avoid giving DS (who turns 17 today) too much advice as my plan of higher ed has left me scrambling to stay employed and reaching the far side of middle age.
That's the issue. It seems that life is always a bit of a crap shoot.
Some win, some don't, might as well take the shot.

Happy B/D to your young'en and may he find that right path.

I got a text from Mom on my birthday saying "Happy Birthday, fell, going to hospital".
Now that's just not fair.
May y'all find the right path there as well.

Not much I can say to help. I just hope things can get easier for you.
And that's more then you even had to say.
Thanks for the thought.

I'm not really looking for any one to fix me (that's completely on me and I know it).
Mostly I was just kind'a illustrating the other side of the coin.

I've been with the same company for 21 years now but I still have no idea what I want to do with my life. Retiring comfortably is hopefully the end result.
I've been with the same folks for for 38 years.
Retirement thought is rather unlikely.

In truth, I can think of a number of things I'd like to do instead,
but not a one of 'em would afford me a living wage.

That's the third side of the coin...
Once you accept that pay check, and then choose to take on responsibilities (family, debts or otherwise),
you're pretty much hooked. Purposely throwing caution to the wind is basically nothing more than being selfish.
Best to take those kind of gambles early on if you can; before deciding to join the acceptable society.

Today was fastpass day for our trip in Jan/19, did great, managed to get everything we wanted
Excellent!
Hope y'all have a great time down that way.
Stop by Trader Sam's a hoist a few for me.

leaving early today, in order to get ready for a concert tonight.
Win.
Who or what are you going to be listening to?

Of course, my world has no relevance in any way compared to your world, so I'd expect everyone else to disregard my logic
(or lack there of).
Not at all mate, we've all made choices, some good, some bad. We are all trying to figure it out. I can't offer you platitudes, all I can say is we are always here if you want to vent, rejoice, or whichever the day takes ya. Post, DM, Call...whatever you need.

Hopefully this'll put a small smile on your face. Our young'uns are still in that magic phase where they still believe. Me and the missus buy 24 gifts for both of them that have to cost less than 1 English pound, that we snaffle away all year (mainly when they see stuff and we say no), for the advent elves to do their thing. They are beyond excited tonight as this is what they hope will greet them tomorrow. Just finished loading it up, so they get a little gift every day from now till Xmas.

IMG_6048.JPG

Today was fastpass day for our trip in Jan/19, did great, managed to get everything we wanted, the only FP that was hard was SSD
Good job there man. Always nice to hear an FP success story.

She is in rehab at a nursing home now.? I stayed with dad until we could make arrangements to get him to my brother's house in Buffalo.
Thoughts with you Andy, looking after parents is tough.
I went with suspenders years ago
You know that means something completely different over here, right? :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Happy to hoist a few anytime, Trader Sam's is on the list, you may have a hangover on Feb 2/19
Any time Trader Sams is on a list, a hangover invariably follows. That's pretty much why we bought DVC there.

Hopefully your elbows are above your chins fellas, if they ain't y'all ain't drinking quick enough. Have a great Friday night.

For all those who are looking for career information for themselves or others,I recommend the Johnson O'Conner foundation for Aptitude testing. There is one in Boca Raton for those vacationing in WDW. Expensive, but worth it. https://jocrf.org/

I'm not going back to read what I missed in the last two weeks so I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and that it was better than mine. I got a text from Mom on my birthday saying "Happy Birthday, fell, going to hospital". End result was a trip back to the snow belt because she fractured her pelvis and broke her wrist. She is in rehab at a nursing home now.? I stayed with dad until we could make arrangements to get him to my brother's house in Buffalo. Dad fought that hard. Going to have to make some big decisions soon. Mom has to take care of dad because he has some dementia and it will just get worse. Unfortunately when he is lucid he is depressed and when he isn't lucid he can't take care of himself but at least he is content. The golden years seem to be more brass than gold and the can kiss my alien swirling saucer.

Sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Prayers for your dad and your family in handling both.

You know that means something completely different over here, right? :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Nope. Stretchy things that go over shoulders and connect to the pants. What does it mean there?

Hang in there. I know whereof you speak.

Sorry to hear about your mom. Thoughts are with you and the family.

Could use some positive thoughts guys if ya get the chance. Found out yesterday MIL needs hip replaced at age 84. She’s gonna wait til after New Years. Got a message from my Dads wife that he went into ICU yesterday and it’s not good with several organs starting to fail and abdominal aneurysm. Unfortunately we have not been close for the past 12 years. I’m heading up to Chicago on first flight out hoping I get there in time to say hey. Thanks guys

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter