DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Ok, all caught up on the shenanigans, let me get started with my comments...
c9d68cbacaf131fbb70b6d81a5dc0814.gif

Prayers for those in need; Praise for those deserving; Disney, Dole Whips & Bacon for All!
Welcome back, Chief. I’m sure you had a great time

Evening chaps, from a soggy foggy London. Lady K's birthday today, so we went to one of her favourite restaurants and then went to see Wreck it Ralph 2. The trailer for Aladdin looked good, but enough with the live action remakes already. The Bears need to pull their thumb out of their butt to get over the Giants.

It was a long tough day yesterday but I was able to say goodbye to my dad in person before he passes which could be in an hour a day or a couple of weeks.
All the best mate, hopefully your dad is as comfortable as he can be.

Happy Sunday. Two more weeks of work and then two weeks off. Sadly, don't get to go anywhere with both dds' winter sports schedules. But, I'll enjoy the time off.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Thanks for your thoughts and support both here and on the other place it really means a lot to me. It was a long tough day yesterday but I was able to say goodbye to my dad in person before he passes which could be in an hour a day or a couple of weeks. Again, thank you guys for the support.

Glad you were able to get there. Continued prayers for you and your family, especially this time of year.

Thank you, Disney spoiled me for all other cruises...

Welcome Home.

Evening guys, home from another basketball tournament. The Boys went 3 and 1 but unfortunately lost the wrong game and were only able to finish with a share of 5th in the 16 team tournament. They played well so hopefully that will carry into the first league game on Tuesday. Good news for DS, during their second game a gentleman started talking to me who turned out to be the head coach of the UPEI team. He asked if I had a son playing so I pointed him out. ASked me a few questions and when he asked what his plans were for next year I told him he had just been accepted at UPEI. That peaked his interest and asked when they played on Saturday. He managed to come watch their final game and talked to DS for a couple of minutes and told him to send him their upcoming schedule.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Thanks for your thoughts and support both here and on the other place it really means a lot to me. It was a long tough day yesterday but I was able to say goodbye to my dad in person before he passes which could be in an hour a day or a couple of weeks. Again, thank you guys for the support.

Glad you made it home in time, take care my friend.

They are great until you realize you can still get a much longer and pretty good cruise with other lines at a fraction of the cost.

Evening chaps, from a soggy foggy London. Lady K's birthday today, so we went to one of her favourite restaurants and then went to see Wreck it Ralph 2. The trailer for Aladdin looked good, but enough with the live action remakes already. The Bears need to pull their thumb out of their butt to get over the Giants.

Happy birthday to the Missus.

Good news for DS, during their second game a gentleman started talking to me who turned out to be the head coach of the UPEI team. He asked if I had a son playing so I pointed him out. ASked me a few questions and when he asked what his plans were for next year I told him he had just been accepted at UPEI. That peaked his interest and asked when they played on Saturday. He managed to come watch their final game and talked to DS for a couple of minutes and told him to send him their upcoming schedule.

This sounds promising for him.

Evening guys, home from another basketball tournament. The Boys went 3 and 1 but unfortunately lost the wrong game and were only able to finish with a share of 5th in the 16 team tournament. They played well so hopefully that will carry into the first league game on Tuesday. Good news for DS, during their second game a gentleman started talking to me who turned out to be the head coach of the UPEI team. He asked if I had a son playing so I pointed him out. ASked me a few questions and when he asked what his plans were for next year I told him he had just been accepted at UPEI. That peaked his interest and asked when they played on Saturday. He managed to come watch their final game and talked to DS for a couple of minutes and told him to send him their upcoming schedule.

Good to get some recruiting time in. I wasn't good enough to play Division 1 tennis, but I could have made a Division 2 team. Playing college sports is a big time commitment here though.

Good to get some recruiting time in. I wasn't good enough to play Division 1 tennis, but I could have made a Division 2 team. Playing college sports is a big time commitment here though.

Big commitment wherever you are.

"Happy" Monday gents. I have nothing special to report on from the weekend. I tagged along with DW to a Christmas craft fair on Saturday, just so I could see what stuff was there to make me fat. I was successful in finding cupcakes and fudge. I had no interest in the trinkets and beads and all the other carp.

I finished off connecting up the power cords to the outdoor Christmas lights now that it's December so I will actually light them up now.

Oldest DD has been in solitary confinement since Friday since this is her first university exam week coming up today. She'll do fine, but stresses because she puts a lot of pressure on herself to get the same kind of marks she did in high school. I told her high marks are great, but you can't burn yourself out. At the end of the day, as long as you get the piece of paper with your name on it, it doesn't matter if you got 70's or 90's.

They are great until you realize you can still get a much longer and pretty good cruise with other lines at a fraction of the cost.
I would love to go on a Disney cruise, but I must admit to never being on a cruise at all. DW is against the idea because she "doesn't want to spend a week seasick on a boat".
I may have considered looking into one of those singles cruises....

Lady K's birthday today, so we went to one of her favourite restaurants and then went to see Wreck it Ralph 2. The trailer for Aladdin looked good, but enough with the live action remakes already.
Happy birthday to the Lady. Wreck it Ralph 2 has been on my radar, just not sure when I will get around to seeing it. Youngest DD is looking forward to the princess scene, but I've warned her it's good but short, at least that's what I've read.
I'm OK with most of the live action stuff, but I am struggling with The Lion King. I most likely will see it, but how can it be called "live action" when it's a computer animated remake of an animated film.

Two more weeks of work and then two weeks off. Sadly, don't get to go anywhere with both dds' winter sports schedules. But, I'll enjoy the time off.
Enjoy the time off anyway. It's always nice to get a break from work, even if you plant your butt on the couch for two weeks.

Interesting. Maybe something that will help his decision.
Either way, it just occurred to me that if he's playing university ball, he might end up in St. John's for a visit one day to play MUN.

Morning Guys,

Welcome to a black ice kind of Monday morning. Hovering around the freezing mark after a raining night. I think I may be able to skate to work tomorrow.

Oldest DD has been in solitary confinement since Friday since this is her first university exam week coming up today. She'll do fine, but stresses because she puts a lot of pressure on herself to get the same kind of marks she did in high school. I told her high marks are great, but you can't burn yourself out. At the end of the day, as long as you get the piece of paper with your name on it, it doesn't matter if you got 70's or 90's.

True Dat! There is some truth in the statement "The world is run by C students."

I would love to go on a Disney cruise, but I must admit to never being on a cruise at all. DW is against the idea because she "doesn't want to spend a week seasick on a boat".
I may have considered looking into one of those singles cruises....

Be careful you don't mix up the singles cruises with a swinger or nude cruise.....unless that's what you are looking for. ;)

Interesting. Maybe something that will help his decision.
Either way, it just occurred to me that if he's playing university ball, he might end up in St. John's for a visit one day to play MUN.

He just may, you never know. The teams travelling to play MUN usually take a reduced number because of the cost but it would be possible.

True Story, that's why it's taken me so long to do a Disney cruise. This was a repositioning cruise, so the cost was much less that a normal Disney cruise.

What's a repositioning cruise?

Oldest DD has been in solitary confinement since Friday since this is her first university exam week coming up today. She'll do fine, but stresses because she puts a lot of pressure on herself to get the same kind of marks she did in high school. I told her high marks are great, but you can't burn yourself out. At the end of the day, as long as you get the piece of paper with your name on it, it doesn't matter if you got 70's or 90'

They don't put the score on your professional license either. :scared1:

Be careful you don't mix up the singles cruises with a swinger or nude cruise.....unless that's what you are looking for. ;)

Nude cruises? I wouldn't even get to wear my rhinestone or diamond thong. Happy Monday morning picture. :lmao:

Win.
Who or what are you going to be listening to?

We saw a couple of local youngsters called Caamp who were coming home to a full-house at the Newport after a national tour:

IMG_1568.JPG

Truly an awesome show, and I dadded it up with another guy who bonded over this band with his college daughter. They are categorized as folk-rock since the one guy plays a banjo. Their frontman is an amazing songwriter, especially for being so young, and has kind of a Ray LaMontagne voice.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Thanks again for the continued support regarding the situation with my dad.
Good stuff and all the best to him. As you referenced, big commitment regardless of the division level.

Monday.

It sucks.

It really sucks when it's been raining for two days straight...

It's been in the 70s and sure as heck doesn't "look a lot like Christmas" down here.
I’m in your old neck of the woods today mate, I’ve got a meeting in Birmingham. It’s with a couple of Villa fans so I’ll give em the old stink eye if it makes you feel any better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter