DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning Guys.

still a mess up here so I decided to work from home today to avoid the traffic mess that the flood has caused. Problems getting across the river is the only inconvenience this causes me which is very minor compared to what people that live along the river are dealing with. The only other inconvenience for me is the flood is adding 150 miles to my drive to Halifax to meet up with Randall. Not to bad to meet up with Jodi our illustrious leader though.

Played pickleball with the Mrs this evening. And, it's a sport, not what you're thinking. It was fun.

We had hoppers one year on our honeymoon (before kids) and never again. We just enjoy the time in the park.

Pickleball is growing like crazy, I like to describe it as table tennis on steroids.

We always do park hoppers on our multiday trips, love having the flexibility to hit a different park in the evening.

2am...can’t sleep...work stress...busy week.

Hope all are well.
Enjoy the cruise Randall. I wish I had time and some extra spending money to pop over to Halifax for a meet up.

Sorry to hear you couldn't sleep, that always sucks. The good news was that was only 1:30 over here. ;)

Stick some Bob Ross on mate. Hope you finally dozed off.
Played pickleball with the Mrs this evening
(tiptoes over to Google)
Looks fun!
Game. Insert movie titles.

"The Usual Suspects".
Beauty and the Beasts.
I'll let you guys decide who is who.
We had hoppers one year on our honeymoon
The UK tix include hopper without the ability to take it off. I think we've used it a couple of times, I think mainly to go to dinner in another park after a morning in another one.

(tiptoes over to Google)
Looks fun!

Beauty and the Beasts.
I'll let you guys decide who is who.
I was going to dumb, dumber and dumbest, but didn't want to exclude the other two guys and technically, I'm just the latter...can't be all three.

I'm definitely NOT A beauty, so it's really a question of which of the other two guys you think is.

Park hopper...

Double edged sword.
If you want the flexibility to go to multiple parks in one day, it's good, but you lose a lot of time in transit.

Even though I have the AP and can go to any park any time, I rarely use that option unless I'm doing dismeets.

If you like going back to room for nap and/or different parks for meals, I suppose it's good, but if I didn't have the AP, couldn't justify the additional expense.

Top O the Mornin Dads!
Always a good idea but we do that when Randall is around

Hope all are well.
Same boat only I was 2:30 a.m. too many things going the wrong direction at work this week - must be a DisDad thing.......
We always do park hoppers on our multiday trips, love having the flexibility to hit a different park in the evening.
This has become our standard as we enjoy breaking days up a bit more than in the past. We will spend a whole day at a single park maybe once these days on a long trip and when staying at BWV it makes hoping a breeze as you can end many nights with only a 15 minute walk back to resort and easy hit EPCOT for just a couple of hours at night for a bite or drinks.

I have actually tried that and I am pretty sure it worked.
Gotta respect that hair though.

Park hopper...

Double edged sword.
If you want the flexibility to go to multiple parks in one day, it's good, but you lose a lot of time in transit.

Even though I have the AP and can go to any park any time, I rarely use that option unless I'm doing dismeets.

If you like going back to room for nap and/or different parks for meals, I suppose it's good, but if I didn't have the AP, couldn't justify the additional expense.
My family has always had hoppers, we like the option. I tend to plan mornings at one park and try to do rides before the bigger crowds, then take a midday break and after go to a different park with FP booked. It makes the break seem worthwhile, instead of going back to the same park. Last trip in the summer heat, we needed the midday break. Depending on time of year, we have done a full day in the parks sometimes.

Same boat only I was 2:30 a.m. too many things going the wrong direction at work this week - must be a DisDad thing.......
I hear you. Hopefully it turns around for us.

My family has always had hoppers, we like the option. I tend to plan mornings at one park and try to do rides before the bigger crowds, then take a midday break and after go to a different park with FP booked. It makes the break seem worthwhile, instead of going back to the same park. Last trip in the summer heat, we needed the midday break. Depending on time of year, we have done a full day in the parks sometimes.

When the kids were smaller, we took mid-day breaks and would usually switch parks afterwards. Now that they're bigger, and since we're generally going in the cooler seasons when the parks close earlier, we don't park-hop as much. I generally buy the option, though, because it gets used at least once or twice during a trip. (Even if it's just "daughter is going into Epcot for Illuminations.")

Sucks for work stress. I'm close to having the house paid off. I was hoping to get there before Governor Thanos intervened, but may not make it now.

Pickleball is growing like crazy, I like to describe it as table tennis on steroids.

We always do park hoppers on our multiday trips, love having the flexibility to hit a different park in the ;)

Sorry about the water. Pickleball was a lot of fun. My tennis reflexes paid off, but the scoring/ serving / kitchen rules still make me think more than play.

(tiptoes over to Google)
Looks fun!

Beauty and the Beasts.
I'll let you guys decide who is

And easier to pack than tennis racquets for vacation.

Park hopper...

Now that we have tried most of the restaurants, we don't have the desire to do the hoppers. The only in Theme Park restaurant worth it would be Brown Derby. Others are good, but not the worth the hopper. I'd rather go to Yachtsman's Steakhouse, Cali Grill, Shula's steakhouse, or Garden Grove. Plus, there are still more resort restaurants to try.

Morning All.

The river is still up but we have a temporary lull in the flood here is Fredericton. Suppose to go back up a bit tonight but not as far as it was. The drive in today was pretty normal with 3 of the 5 ramps open to get on and off the bridge. Lots of debris downtown though.

Hope you all have a great Friday.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everybody out. In honour of our Nautical Chief and our Soggy Brethren north of the 45th, last one standing in the Stillwell Bar in Halifax, NS gets to take Ariel home. And let me tell ya, the "blowfish" is a speciality of hers. But be careful, her Snarflaps may have Crabs. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Have a great weekend fellas.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everybody out. In honour of our Nautical Chief and our Soggy Brethren north of the 45th, last one standing in the Stillwell Bar in Halifax, NS gets to take Ariel home. And let me tell ya, the "blowfish" is a speciality of hers. But be careful, her Snarflaps may have Crabs. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Have a great weekend fellas.
Don’t they have a cream for that? I’ll be the “designated driver”.

:rolleyes1

Top O............ aaaahhh who am I kidding this late on a Friday is first chance I get to breath - something wrong with this picture. Any of you guys see Nashville come out for the draft last night, holly crazy and gonna be bigger tonight and tomorrow. With multiple concerts and a marathon tomorrow they are expecting 600,000 hitting the city! It's great for the city but I'll watch from the couch. Seeing End Game tomorrow morning to keep from spoilers as me and DS won't see together till next Saturday as he comes home for the summer next week. He saw it last night and said it is even better than the hype. Have a great weekend with the families guys!
Morning gents. Retirement seminar today. Interesting stuff so far.

“So far” also describes how long it is until retirement
Sorry about the So Far, working on game plan to hopefully retire early myself. "The life of" Randall thing looks really darn good. Used quotes there as several of the old timers should get the reference, we miss you CJ.

Afternoon all, spent the afternoon in Ikea but didn't get anything I have to put together and am now sitting in the van so the youngest can get a nap while my wife and mother in law are shopping for kids clothes that we don't need. I tried to get dropped off at Cabelas but the wife wouldn't go for. Tomorrow morning we're going to see Endgame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter