DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

On how many kids to have, have as many as you can afford without lowering your cost of living for the rest. I say have as many as you can, because , who's going to take care of you when you get elderly and infermed?

My top restaurants are the ones where we have had a great time with friends. One DDCC a group of us had the pot roast and mac n cheese at Friars Nook and then ran over to Skippers Cantina to eat even more. We were laughing so hard, it was hard to order. One Dad ordered the Mac n Cheese to compare. BOG, had the steak with a Canadian Pirate and his family, it was wonderful. Whispering Canyon with over 40 DisDads and their families, yelling for catsup. Omana dinner with over 60 DisDads and their families, Sitting at a table that reached from one end of the restaurant to the other having a shrimp shell wall building contest. Dawa for breakfast with the Canadian Pirate. Always eat at Casey's Corner, Dam Good Hot Dogs!!! Aloha Isle, it's not a trip to Disney without having a Dole Whip, one with rum at Polly is good too. That's enough for now. Go to DIsney, Eat Drink and make Merry!

"I don't have a log." Clark Griswold
is good. We've never done 50s prime time because the menu doesn't impress me. I heard the antics are good.
We enjoy the food too, fried chicken, meatloaf and pot roast are all real good and you can get all 3 if ya order "A Sampling of Mom's Favorite Recipes". Also has the Tune-In lounge which we enjoy and that was on of CJ's favorites

We enjoy the food too, fried chicken, meatloaf and pot roast are all real good and you can get all 3 if ya order "A Sampling of Mom's Favorite Recipes". Also has the Tune-In lounge which we enjoy and that was on of CJ's favorites

I guess we just have really good fried chicken and meatloaf here. It's hard to think 50s could do better. I could do a decent fried chicken myself, but have switched to chicken wings with bbq rub with the keto diet. It's not quite the same, but I am making it work.

Morning boys from a meh sort of weather London. The Grinch went up yesterday and the oustide lights, today is the Internals and the Disney tree. We are on our 3rd Xmas film so far today.

I'll start a new topic and go with the top 5 restaurants at WDW.

One's we do without fail

Tiki Terrace in the Poly, we probably do this about 2-3 times a vacation. Legendary Cocktails and the Bar food is excellent (particularly the pulled pork tacos and the Sushi) Plus you can nip round for a cheeky dole whip. And the kids can have flatbread from Captain Cooks and they bring it to the terrace for you. and then you can watch the fireworks after the Ukulele man has packed up. It's a really nice way to end a busy Park day.
Columbia Harbour (Oh yeah I stick the U in there) - theme park food done well. I'm not sure why we love this place, but we kinda do. What's not to love about Shrimp, Chicken and Fries all on the same plate?
Kona, but that's more to do with Geography than anything. I still like the Burger there, and breakfast is still very good, but everyone is right, they had a couple of ropy years. It seems to be getting better again though.

Table Service (the one's we think are the best restaurants, and are the first one's we look for on a booking)
1. Victoria & Alberts. One of the best dining experiences I've ever had. And then I got the bill. :scared1:
2. Homecomin'. Love love love the place. Cocktails are excellent, service is quick but not pushy (one of my pet peeves) Fried Chicken was very good.
3. Olivia's. Possibly the best breakfast in WDW. And possibly the best service as well.
4. Boathouse. They have Oysters.
5. Capa. Great food, great drinks, Great views. You can always get a table. I think this is a proverbial "hidden gem".

One's we were pleasantly surprised by and will definitely return
1. The breakfast I had with Doc in Trails End was really good, very tasty and the offering was excellent.
2. Whispering Canyon. I thought I was gonna hate the schtick, but the guy was really good at judging the audience. Probably one of the best instances of service I've ever had.
3. Polite Pig
4. The bar food in Nomad.

One's we still want to try
1. Cali Grill Brunch
2. Il Mulino
3. Shula's (I've yet to have a really good steak in Disney)

Top Dreadful Restaurant flops
There are a ton of restaurants that. are just meh and have been one and done's for us, but I went with popular ones that we kinda said "Really?"

1. Be Our Guest. I have done all 3 meals in here and none of them were any good. Whoever came up with the Breakfast offer should be taken out the back and shot. Just gut the place and make it an attraction.
2. Ohana. Don't get it. Overcooked meat, bad service, never get seated on time. The Banana Bread pudding though is phenomenal. Shame they bring it up about 20 minutes before you want it though.
3. Rose n Crown. Don't like the food here when it's been cooked properly, like it even less 3000 miles away in 90 degree heat.
4. Chef Mickey. Just awful. I'm not a fan of the atmosphere in the Contemporary (it feels like an aircraft hanger) terrible, terrible food. Fab 5 meet is much better in Tusker House IMHO.

Another interesting list might be those dinning options that you're "supposed" to rank highly for one reason of another, but that just didn't strike your fancy. I've got several of those (and one or two might earn me a bit of grief from some of y'all, even)
Come on mate, fess up, that's what makes it fun.

I'm surprised you guys have such good memory for restaurants. I tend to blank out on the names and rely on my wife to follow through for me, lol. I'd say my top is probably Shutters though

I come to you hat in hand. I have a couple of cool Disney tree toppers and I have a problem with them. They run on 2 AA Batteries! This means I have to hide the battery box in the tree and when I want turn it on I have to find it and hope I don't fumble in and lose it in the branches. What I would like to do is switch them from battery to AC. Do any of you Bright Boys know of a cheap, easy, safe way of doing this? I have found these, but I am looking for a cheaper way of doing the switch. Going to double post this here and on the Faceplace..

https://www.wilfordandlee.com/118-a...M1cf7blLZiAuSVFPkWMscKfDwDpnAQGUaAujEEALw_wcB
Thanks for your help and ridicule. 😉

I come to you hat in hand. I have a couple of cool Disney tree toppers and I have a problem with them. They run on 2 AA Batteries! This means I have to hide the battery box in the tree and when I want turn it on I have to find it and hope I don't fumble in and lose it in the branches. What I would like to do is switch them from battery to AC. Do any of you Bright Boys know of a cheap, easy, safe way of doing this? I have found these, but I am looking for a cheaper way of doing the switch. Going to double post this here and on the Faceplace..

https://www.wilfordandlee.com/118-a...M1cf7blLZiAuSVFPkWMscKfDwDpnAQGUaAujEEALw_wcB
If you're electronically inclined, this seems to be the most straight forward way...

https://www.hunker.com/12470081/how-to-convert-a-battery-operated-device-to-a-power-adapter

Local Pickleball Tournament Champion. My picture with my trophy and tournament chairman.

View attachment 457403

3.5 hours of pickleball, and I played hard. Only lost two matches for 9 points all day. But, I've been hobbling, limping, grunting, and hurting around the house. You think I would learn by now. View attachment 457403
Congrats Norm (well, not the hobbling and limping and grunting part)!

I can see the weight loss from the pics...keep it up!

Local Pickleball Tournament Champion. My picture with my trophy and tournament chairman.

View attachment 457403

3.5 hours of pickleball, and I played hard. Only lost two matches for 9 points all day. But, I've been hobbling, limping, grunting, and hurting around the house. You think I would learn by now. View attachment 457403
Congrats!

Did all your opponents look like him? 😁

It’s doable Chief, but unless you have all the kit I’m not sure you will come under the 9 bucks that converter is selling for. Plus if you don’t regulate the voltage, you’ll do 9 bucks buying a new Fire Extinguisher after you’ve put your tree out.
You just connect the neutral line to the neg on the battery compartment and the live to the positive. A cheeky bit of solder would be nice.
Alternatively why don’t you extend the feed by putting a bridge in, all you need is a couple of terminal strips (I don’t know what you call them over there) and some wire, then the batt box would be out of the tree? As it’s 2 batts it can’t be more than 3v so a bit of speaker wire would do it.
Good luck in your quest Chief.

View attachment 457403

Congratulations and Good Job, Norm!!!

It’s doable Chief, but unless you have all the kit I’m not sure you will come under the 9 bucks that converter is selling for. Plus if you don’t regulate the voltage, you’ll do 9 bucks buying a new Fire Extinguisher after you’ve put your tree out.
You just connect the neutral line to the neg on the battery compartment and the live to the positive. A cheeky bit of solder would be nice.
Alternatively why don’t you extend the feed by putting a bridge in, all you need is a couple of terminal strips (I don’t know what you call them over there) and some wire, then the batt box would be out of the tree? As it’s 2 batts it can’t be more than 3v so a bit of speaker wire would do it.
Good luck in your quest Chief.

Thanks Dan, kind of what Doc posted, eh? And Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Morning, folks.

Nope. I'm out. And I see you got answers anyways. :)
My picture with my trophy and tournament chairman.
Nice seeing you, Norm. Who's the dude on the right?
3.5 hours of pickleball, and I played hard. Only lost two matches for 9 points all day. But, I've been hobbling, limping, grunting, and hurting around the house. You think I would learn by now.
The price of champions.
Not sure if any of y'all are interested in seeing the spacex launch from last week.

http://www.soliday.org/share/disdads/spacex_launch_20191205.mov
I had something on the lense, so there are a couple black spots, but fortunately, they're not in the area where the rocket is.

What the heck??? I clicked on the link and... 12 minutes to download?
Whelp... waiting...

Not sure if any of y'all are interested in seeing the spacex launch from last week.

http://www.soliday.org/share/disdads/spacex_launch_20191205.mov
I had something on the lense, so there are a couple black spots, but fortunately, they're not in the area where the rocket is.
Took all of that 12 minutes to download. But... cool!
I got the impression that it climbs a lot quicker than I expected.
Some day, I'd sure like to see one for myself.

And... I really don't see what's stopping me. I could fairly easily check the launch schedule and get down there in time for one...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter