DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

It was called Squid lips. It was good.

View attachment 513967

View attachment 513969

The clams had too much breading for my taste, but still good.

Yes, from the room.
It's an ocean view, but the view is about the only thing about it so far we like.

We never made it to squid lips, but heard it was good. We went to Ocean Grille. They had a Florida lobster on the menu for a decent price.

:eek:
Never thought I'd read that!

Good luck with that 2nd interview!

:laughing:

Thanks. We've never seen Disney parks this way. It's nice having the small crowds and not being packed in like sardines.

Morning fellas, from a sunny mother country.

Just picture then in their underwear.
But then you get your camera confiscated.
Next time Dan, don't send as many guys over to the house for the initiation. :lmao:
:rotfl:It was the lack of "thank you sir may I have another" that led to the extra paddling.
FoP, EE, and KS 3 times each by 2 PM,
Wow! I've never been able to get FoP 3 times in a week.
And you got all that noise, fumes and carnage for seriously low amounts of dinero. Form a kid's perspective that was hard to beat.
This may have got onto the list for our next vacation.
Might bit toasty.
It gets darker when the sun goes down. Does that every night.
And that wraps it up from Ponzie on the Weather and Science desk. Over to Sports.
I mostly just hope Nick Saban doesn't win.
Thanks for the roundup Mark, great stuff. And now a review of our final headlines..[/QUOTE]
Not much to report.
Nothing major.
So, we're back at 10 for the evening update. From all of us here at the Disdads Newsroom, we bid you a pleasant day.

Hey, Gents! First day went really well...though slow at times because I had to wait for someone to give me, then show me, something to do. The person I'm replacing sat down with me and chatted for a bit when I first showed up. We sat in the conference room and talked about my background. She then said, "I'm not a teacher, so this will be interesting." Me, to myself, "Well this is gonna be fun." However, to her I said, "Everything will be fine, I'll just ask a lot of questions." Seriously, it went well. I was given some stock certificates to work on, and some deeds and trust certificates...it was enough to fill the day. Well, I gotta run and get ready for today. Have fun, gents.

TTFN

Nice.

Good Luck GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Thanks!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Two more work days til vacation and to be honest everyone really needs to get away / escape for a bit. Not sure if I shared here but DD is gonna join us mid trip for a few days so the family of 4 will all be together which has DW on cloud none to see her girl some. Not to mention its gonna be like DDCC 8.5 down there. Cubs off to an ok start. Trust all had a good weekend and are staying safe. Though he does not come around here much anymore happy 50th Birthday to TekMickey (Joe)!

That's awesome the DD will be able to join in part way through. Have fun.

Good luck today and congrats on the new start

Thanks!

It's kind of who those who partake in smashed avocados on toast and hemp beer follow. Either that or they know naff all about baseball but just enough to know not to follow the Yankees so go to their rivals to prove they are not glory hunters, which is just as bad a reason in my book. There's more to it than that, which has to do with British US Sports fan snobbery, but we'll leave that for when we have a beer. Good on your nan for not loving the Celtics.

Got it.

Good luck to you today, starting with a new firm is always exciting...

Thanks

nervous is okay. Have a great day and good luck!

Yes it is. I take being nervous as sign that I care about a job to do my best.

Man this got me to reminiscing. in the late 1960's we lived in south Fla. Always on the hunt for cheap family entertainment, my pop would take us to the short track that was located in what use to be the boonies west of Hollywood (there's now plenty of suburbia and a swank housing development built on the site). I was nuts about cars as a kid and loved watching races back then. They did short heats, long runs, figure-8s and of course, demo's. And you got all that noise, fumes and carnage for seriously low amounts of dinero. Form a kid's perspective that was hard to beat.

One of the nuttiest things they use to do was called "The Spook Race" (which got held around October as you might imagine). It was only about 20 laps. They'd blare "spooky" sound effect across the P/A (screams, demonic laughs, ghostly howls and the like), but the real trick was that they'd turn the stadium lights on and off at random internals during the race. Now your average "stock-car" don't got any kind of headlight on em, and most folks eyes don't adjust very quickly such drastic changes in illumination, so as you might imagine, there were a whole lot of yellow and red flags that had to be waved during that particular event. I suspect that the drivers hated that one as dang few of em would get out of the heat with their ride intact.

My dad use to take me and my older brother to the old airport in my hometown to see the drag races they use to have on the old runways. I loved watching that. That brought back memories.

Good Luck, We're all counting on you...

Thanks

Afternoon all. Already back from an empty AK. AK only had 10 rides open today, but with small crowd, we just rode what we wanted multiple times. FoP, EE, and KS 3 times each by 2 PM, and lunch at Yak n Yeti. It's all walking and no wait times. We may go back this afternoon as they close at 6, or just may head to the pool.

Got a call back at 10 AM for a 2nd interview and had to tell them I was on vacation. So, my 2nd interview is next Monday at 7 AM for 90 minutes, and I need to bring my steel toe boots. I guess my last month before retirement time will be filled with some sick days for orientation?

As for Sports team, I'm now officially a West Ham fan going back 2 weeks as 007 sponsored my membership, and wow, that paddle hurt. I can still barely sit down. Next time Dan, don't send as many guys over to the house for the initiation. :lmao:

Rest of sports, University of Kentucky basketball, and whatever team former University of Louisville Quarterback Lamar Jacokson is playing for, which is now the Ravens. I grew up a Reds fan, but really just enjoy watching the competition as to cheering for a club. The only sports memorabilia I have is a UK tshirt & hat. Maybe a few other hats, if they were free.

Even though not everything is open, it still sounds like you're having a good time. I may have already asked this, but where are you interviewing?

Just picture then in their underwear. Wait, that's a sexual harassment lawsuit. Never take my advice.

😆

So, we're back at 10 for the evening update. From all of us here at the Disdads Newsroom, we bid you a pleasant day.

Had a wonderful day. The new job went well.

Morning all. My phone told me it was Tuesday, otherwise, who knows inside the Disney bubble. Today is a other DHS day, and we are hoping for another RotR. If we don't get it, then at least I got it once. I wish Disney would figure out a better way to book this than having everyone get to the park at the same time. I'm guessing that as interest fades, maybe it will be easier to get. I liked it way better than Smuggler's run, and was surprised they didn't make it a roller coaster, indoor or outdoor, with scenes that could be changed from Star Wars.

We also rode the Skyliner. It is nice, and I can see then from my balcony at BWV. Now, we are only allowed 1 family inside. I'm not sure they would be as pleasant with 8 people crammed in. Have a magical day.

Morning fellas, from a sunny mother country.

Wow! I've never been able to get FoP 3 times in a week.

And therein lies this one of a kind vacation. It's a pain with the masks, some attractions closed, and limited restaurants being open. But, I get all the feature attractions and have no crowds. We have even had a private bus ride. Hopefully, we stay COVID free on this trip, and it will be one for the memories.

Hey, Gents! First day went really well...though slow at times because I had to wait for someone to give me, then show me, something to do. The person I'm replacing sat down with me and chatted for a bit when I first showed up. We sat in the conference room and talked about my background. She then said, "I'm not a teacher, so this will be interesting." Me, to myself, "Well this is gonna be fun."

Even though not everything is open, it still sounds like you're having a good time. I may have already asked this, but where are you interviewing?

Glad to hear the first day went well. I interviewed with a local factory that makes Ragu sauce and products. It's one of our larger factories in my town, has been here for years, rarely shuts down, and pays really well. I probably won't get a great shift starting out, but if we can make it on my retirement and my wife's pay, then I can bank this for my future condo.

Good morning. Today's the day when we would have been flying out to Alaska, and...if I'm honest, I'm a little depressed about the fact that we're not going. I'll be fine. It's just a bummer.

From all of us here at the Disdads Newsroom, we bid you a pleasant day.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Well done, sir.

I wish Disney would figure out a better way to book this than having everyone get to the park at the same time. I'm guessing that as interest fades, maybe it will be easier to get.

That's my hope for when we finally go back in 3 years.

But, I get all the feature attractions and have no crowds. We have even had a private bus ride.

Definitely some upside to this, for sure.

Cj's daughter, Princess Crash, posted on Instagram yesterday that she got married.

That's awesome. I hope CJ is smiling somewhere.

Morning All,

another hot and sticky one here today. It was so muggy that I was still sweating from my run after getting out of the shower.

Just another day in the office, not much else to report today.

Good morning. Today's the day when we would have been flying out to Alaska, and...if I'm honest, I'm a little depressed about the fact that we're not going. I'll be fine. It's just a bummer.

That sucks Mark but here are some funny animals to cheer you up.

Morning gents
Enjoying my last day off before returning for another two week work cycle. I’m doing night shift this time though so I’ll see how that goes. I’ve never tried to sleep during the day in the summer. And I’ll miss lazy sunny afternoons on the patio.
But still good to be getting some more days pay.

@CapeCodTenor good luck with the new job, hope the orientation goes well

And that wraps it up from Ponzie on the Weather and Science desk. Over to Sports.
:laughing:
First day went really well
Good to hear!
Yes it is. I take being nervous as sign that I care about a job to do my best.
::yes::
My phone told me it was Tuesday, otherwise, who knows inside the Disney bubble.
Oh, I always know... vacations are short enough as it is and I'm painfully aware the day I have to leave is rapidly approaching.
Cj's daughter, Princess Crash, posted on Instagram yesterday that she got married.
Congratulations to her! I'm sure she made a beautiful bride. Wish CJ could've seen this day.
Today's the day when we would have been flying out to Alaska, and...if I'm honest, I'm a little depressed about the fact that we're not going. I'll be fine. It's just a bummer.
:hug:
Enjoying my last day off before returning for another two week work cycle.
:scared: Don't know how you do that.
I’ve never tried to sleep during the day in the summer.
Air conditioning... I really hope you have it.

Morning gents
Enjoying my last day off before returning for another two week work cycle. I’m doing night shift this time though so I’ll see how that goes. I’ve never tried to sleep during the day in the summer. And I’ll miss lazy sunny afternoons on the patio.
But still good to be getting some more days pay.

You could always sleep on the deck.

Afternoon Dads. Norm as provided some good updates and provided me some specific answers about pools, etc so first round is on me hopefully tomorrow.
Great to hear and thanks for passing along Chief. Sad that he was not hear to share in the big day but I am sure he was watching and will watch over the young couple.

Don't know how you do that.
It’s not easy, but I’ve been doing some kind of rotation work for nearly 20 out of 23 years of employment, so I just kind of got used to it. But it’s definitely an oilfield thing.

Air conditioning... I really hope you have it.
Newfie air conditioning...open the window and let the gale of wind do the job.
Or sleep in the basement where it’s much cooler. I may end up doing that, on the occasional day there is no wind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter