DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

That sucks Mark but here are some funny animals to cheer you up.

Any day with funny animals is better than one without.

Totally understandable, seeing as your Travel Partners are on their way there...

Yeah...I hope they have a great time. Renting an RV turned out to be a genius move for them in a pandemic.

Hopefully this will cheer you up at least a little bit....

Now that definitely helps.

:scared: Don't know how you do that.

If pkondz thinks your works schedule is crazy, it must REALLY be bad.

It’s not easy, but I’ve been doing some kind of rotation work for nearly 20 out of 23 years of employment, so I just kind of got used to it. But it’s definitely an oilfield thing.
I’ve been doing rotations for almost 25 years. I get it. But... two weeks of nights straight???? :faint:
Newfie air conditioning...open the window and let the gale of wind do the job.
Or sleep in the basement where it’s much cooler. I may end up doing that, on the occasional day there is no wind.
Trust me. You need to stay cool. And it won’t be easy.
If pkondz thinks your works schedule is crazy, it must REALLY be bad.
::yes::

Didn't make it for RotR today. Bummer. But hey, I got it once which was awesome. I did get the Vader Star Tours, so that was a great bonus. RotR is even better than Vader Star Tours. So, my new top rides:

MK - Space Mountain
Epcot - Frozen Maelstrom
DHS - Rise of the Resistance
AK - Kilimanjaro Safari

Cj's daughter, Princess Crash, posted on Instagram yesterday that she got married.

Amazing for her. I'd like to think CJ is drinking an old fashioned, and toasting the newlyweds.

Oh, I always know... vacations are short enough as it is and I'm painfully aware the day I have to leave is rapidly approaching.

Congratulations to her! I'm sure she made a beautiful bride. Wish CJ could've seen this day.

Yeah, vacation time flies by while home time drags on. But, I'm so glad we made this trip as scheduled. It will rank high up there in the list of vacation time with the family.

Afternoon Dads. Norm as provided some good updates and provided me some specific answers about pools, etc so first round is on me hopefully tomorrow.

Great to hear and thanks for passing along Chief. Sad that he was not hear to share in the big day but I am sure he was watching and will watch over the young couple.

Happy to help. Hope to see you tomorrow, but will Thursday for sure. Weather looks to rain tomorrow evening, so we may be out in the AM on the courts at Boardwalk.

Last edited:
Hey, gents! Well, another day down of training, and, even though it's only been two days, it is getting a LITTLE easier. I still have a LOT to learn, but I'm doing it a little at a time. I'll get there. The strange part is that with my short drive to the office, all of three minutes, I can go home for lunch, something I've not been able to do in years, and feels strange when I do because I feel like I'm breaking some kind of rule. 😆 I did it yesterday and felt strange leaving the office for lunch. Oh well, something else to get use to. Well, it's been hot here, and hot like in the 90's hot. Right after work yesterday, I went out looking for a new window A/C unit for the master bedroom, to no avail. Every place I hit was out. Now, that could either be that A) everyone was buying A/C units, and thus all the stores were out, B) stores, figuring it's half-way through summer, are starting to get ready for the fall/winter items, like Home Depot or C) all the above. I'm going with C, all the above. I was at Home Depot just this past weekend, and the area to the right of the entrance was filled with all kinds of summer stuff, grills and A/C units....it's now empty, the whole area. They couldn't have sold all those grills, so that tells me that they are getting ready for the shift in product and either packed up what was left, or sold it all, or both. Luckily the DW found one online and is having it shipped, so hopefully it'll get here soon. Otherwise, things are going well. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

TTFN

Morning all. My phone told me it was Tuesday, otherwise, who knows inside the Disney bubble. Today is a other DHS day, and we are hoping for another RotR. If we don't get it, then at least I got it once. I wish Disney would figure out a better way to book this than having everyone get to the park at the same time. I'm guessing that as interest fades, maybe it will be easier to get. I liked it way better than Smuggler's run, and was surprised they didn't make it a roller coaster, indoor or outdoor, with scenes that could be changed from Star Wars.

We also rode the Skyliner. It is nice, and I can see then from my balcony at BWV. Now, we are only allowed 1 family inside. I'm not sure they would be as pleasant with 8 people crammed in. Have a magical day.

:thumbsup2

Glad to hear the first day went well. I interviewed with a local factory that makes Ragu sauce and products. It's one of our larger factories in my town, has been here for years, rarely shuts down, and pays really well. I probably won't get a great shift starting out, but if we can make it on my retirement and my wife's pay, then I can bank this for my future condo.

So we'll all be expecting a case of Ragu sauce soon after you start your new job? :laughing:

Good plan for saving for that condo.

Good morning. Today's the day when we would have been flying out to Alaska, and...if I'm honest, I'm a little depressed about the fact that we're not going. I'll be fine. It's just a bummer.

That's tough, sorry man.

Morning gents
Enjoying my last day off before returning for another two week work cycle. I’m doing night shift this time though so I’ll see how that goes. I’ve never tried to sleep during the day in the summer. And I’ll miss lazy sunny afternoons on the patio.
But still good to be getting some more days pay.

@CapeCodTenor good luck with the new job, hope the orientation goes well

That's gotta be tough on your body to shift sleep patterns like that. How long out do you start to re-shift your sleeping for a day shift?

Thanks, man, appreciate it. Things are going well so far. Things are going a bit slow, but I'm taking it one step at a time.

Morning gents.
Wayyyy too early. For a stupid reason.
I was having a dream that I was training a new guy. He got really angry because I pointed out his errors and we walked outside to have a fight. I woke up with adrenalin pumping away and that was that for sleep. That was at 4am.

:sad2:

I still have a LOT to learn, but I'm doing it a little at a time.
I've always said that I don't care what the job is, it always takes about a year before you feel really comfortable at it.
I can go home for lunch, something I've not been able to do in years, and feels strange when I do because I feel like I'm breaking some kind of rule. 😆
:laughing:
Nice perk, though. :)
I went out looking for a new window A/C unit for the master bedroom, to no avail.
I agree with your reasons. I also think Covid is part of it. More people are staying home so want to be more comfortable there.

Morning all. It is an Epcot day. Hopefully, it will be dry enough to play tennis with dd before we go. The rain & masks have been the only detriments to the trip thus far.

That's a pretty rare statement in these trying times. Very happy for you.

Thanks. I was worried this trip would do us off Disney for good. Most all of the CMs seem happy, or maybe relieved that things are going as smoothly as they are. I've seen a few neck gaiters and some jerk guests, but most are going out of there way, trying to make others more relaxed and comfortable. We've even had trash and towel service everyday, which we usually don't get with DVC. It's really nice to see.

Sadly, when I return home or get on FB, the silliness returns where some become @$$holes if you don't follow their narrative.
Hey, gents! Well, another day down of training, and, even though it's only been two days, it is getting a LITTLE easier. I still have a LOT to learn, but I'm doing it a little at a time. I'll get there. The strange part is that with my short drive to the office, all of three minutes, I can go home for lunch, something I've not been able to do in years, and feels strange when I do because I feel like I'm breaking some kind of rule. 😆 I did it yesterday and felt strange leaving the office for lunch. Oh well, something else to get use to. Well, it's been hot here, and hot like in the 90's hot. Right after work yesterday, I went out looking for a new window A/C unit for the master bedroom, to no avail. Every place I hit was out. Now, that could either be that A) everyone was buying A/C units, and thus all the stores were out, B) stores, figuring it's half-way through summer, are starting to get ready for the fall/winter items, like Home Depot or C) all the above. I'm going with C, all the above. I was at Home Depot just this past weekend, and the area to the right of the entrance was filled with all kinds of summer stuff, grills and A/C units....it's now empty, the whole area. They couldn't have sold all those grills, so that tells me that they are getting ready for the shift in product and either packed up what was left, or sold it all, or both. Luckily the DW found one online and is having it shipped, so hopefully it'll get here soon. Otherwise, things are going well. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

So we'll all be expecting a case of Ragu sauce soon after you start your new job?

Enjoy the training and the new job. Sounds like there is a lot involved. I don't know what my benefits are, but they do have a company store for purchases. I'll let you know. Good luck on the AC.

Morning gents.
I was having a dream that I was training a new guy. He got really angry because I pointed out his errors and we walked outside to have a fight. I woke up with adrenalin pumping away and that was that for sleep.

I hate those dreams, unless your adrenalin is pumping from some other dream activity. Still, it's a bummer when you wake up & Shakira has disappeared.

Morning all, happy Wednesday!

Another heat warning day here, again good to be inside. Wicked thunder and lightning storm last night, pretty sure lightning hit something inside our tree line. There was a loud bang and a bright light but everything seems OK.

Meeting with my president this morning to talk about my updated job description, first time it's been updated in I'm guessing 15 years or more.

Have a good one all.

Morning gents.
I was having a dream that I was training a new guy. He got really angry because I pointed out his errors and we walked outside to have a fight. I woke up with adrenalin pumping away and that was that for sleep. That was at 4am.

How's the Missus? ;)

Yeah, vacation time flies by while home time drags on. But, I'm so glad we made this trip as scheduled. It will rank high up there in the list of vacation time with the family.

I'm so glad this all worked out for you, especially given how stressful it was leading up to it. Great to hear.

That's tough, sorry man.

Thanks. There will probably always be a part of me that thinks we could have pulled it off and had a great time. I just need to quit the pity party and start planning for next year.

Who was the guy? Was it @Cinderella's Fella ?

Morning all. It is an Epcot day. Hopefully, it will be dry enough to play tennis with dd before we go. The rain & masks have been the only detriments to the trip thus far.

Thanks. I was worried this trip would do us off Disney for good. Most all of the CMs seem happy, or maybe relieved that things are going as smoothly as they are. I've seen a few neck gaiters and some jerk guests, but most are going out of there way, trying to make others more relaxed and comfortable. We've even had trash and towel service everyday, which we usually don't get with DVC. It's really nice to see. ..

Well we're heading down in 3 days and I have appreciated your daily updates of things. Just reading blogs doesn't quite give all the details of what to expect like being there in person. Much appreciated!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! :thumbsup2

I've seen a few neck gaiters and some jerk guests
:sad2: Surprised they even got in the parks.
but most are going out of there way, trying to make others more relaxed and comfortable.
That's good to hear.
I hate those dreams, unless your adrenalin is pumping from some other dream activity.
:eek:

:lmao:
Still, it's a bummer when you wake up & Shakira has disappeared.
Wicked thunder and lightning storm last night, pretty sure lightning hit something inside our tree line. There was a loud bang and a bright light but everything seems OK.
Huh! How well did you check? And how much ground do you have to cover?
Meeting with my president this morning to talk about my updated job description, first time it's been updated in I'm guessing 15 years or more.
Possibly a raise in your future?
How's the Missus? ;)
Well, considering I'm married, completely oblivious.
Who was the guy? Was it @Cinderella's Fella ?
Actually... that part's even weirder. It was the adult version of a kid I used to go to school with. Last time I saw him was 1979. Never had a problem with him or anything.

Huh! How well did you check? And how much ground do you have to cover?

Possibly a raise in your future?

Last night I just checked around the house and the trees in the backyard, it was raining too hard to worry about anything else. In total we have about 1.25 acres.

And no raise in the future. Not necessarily a good time to be working for a non-profit.

So today I reached a goal that I thought was unobtainable. So much so that when I first saw it, I laughed.

Run 80Km in one month.

With one day left in the month, I've run 81km so far.
I'm pretty proud of that, if I do say so myself.

Last night I just checked around the house and the trees in the backyard, it was raining too hard to worry about anything else. In total we have about 1.25 acres.
Big lot... I take it lots of trees.
And no raise in the future. Not necessarily a good time to be working for a non-profit.
Ah!

Do I look skinny to you?

Yes you do.

So today I reached a goal that I thought was unobtainable. So much so that when I first saw it, I laughed.

Run 80Km in one month.

With one day left in the month, I've run 81km so far.
I'm pretty proud of that, if I do say so myself.

Big lot... I take it lots of trees.

Ah!

Well done!

2 days left in the month

Yes we have lots of trees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter