DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Gents! Well today's the day I start my new job, and to tell the truth I'm nervous. I take being nervous a good thing. Well, not sure I'll be able to get on during the work day, but I'll get on at some point and tell you guys how it went. Have a good day.

RoTR is absolutely 1000% worth it. I guess a faster phone would have got me in sooner, but it was still worth the wait. I intentionally didn't watch or read any reviews because I wanted to be surprised and enjoy it. I definitely was. It's now up for best ride at WDW for me, but Kilimanjaro Safaris will be difficult to beat.

That's awesome! Can't wait to go and see it for myself.

007 is a West Ham United fan, which hasn't held up many championship banners. So, it's understandable he's pick the Yankees, hoping for a Championship. Why he picked the Bears is anyone's guess.

😆

Since when did watching a team on the box constitute support? However......

for Clarity.

My Teams are:
The rest of the world's Football - West Ham United
Your Football - Bears
Baseball - Cubs
Hoops - Knicks

All teams that I first saw play live. This is my standard requirement for applicable reasons for supporting a team, apart from you or your immediate family were born in the vicinty of aforementioned professional team. So I guess I am a Canucks fan as well, although I could give a tinker's cuss about Hockey, I don't think I've seen a game since 2008. I seem to remember they had quite a good goalkeeper. I'm sure I've got a jersey with his number on the back, I know it was 1, but I guess that's pretty standard for a goalie.
So my allotted slots are full, apart from College football. I lean towards the Gators, mainly because of CJ, but I do have a sneaky admiration for Clemson.

Well, ok...if you're just watching them and not really supporting them, then ok.

Now that, is an interesting conversation we will have at some point, around Red Sox support in the UK, and why it wouldn't be cooler for me to support Boston.

So I take it the Red Sox aren't that cool in the UK? I'll admit to not being a huge sports fan, but since I started living in Boston, and now Cape Cod, I've become a Red Sox Fan. Now, that doesn't apply to the Celtics. My grandmother was a die hard Lakers fan, and HATED the Celtics. I guess I remain non-fan of the team out of respect for her. I do like the Bruins, though I don't know much about hockey.

Last edited:
Morning All,

Back in the office this morning, my key still works and everything is where I left it so I guess that's a good thing. Headed back into the scorching weather this week. Today's humidex will make it feel like it's 102 F. Happy to be inside with the AC.

Have a good one all.

for Clarity.

My Teams are:
Your Football - Bears
Baseball - Cubs
Hoops - Knicks

All teams that I first saw play live. This is my standard requirement for applicable reasons for supporting a team, apart from you or your immediate family were born in the vicinty of aforementioned professional team. So I guess I am a Canucks fan as well, although I could give a tinker's cuss about Hockey, I don't think I've seen a game since 2008. I seem to remember they had quite a good goalkeeper. I'm sure I've got a jersey with his number on the back, I know it was 1, but I guess that's pretty standard for a goalie.
So my allotted slots are full, apart from College football. I lean towards the Gators, mainly because of CJ, but I do have a sneaky admiration for Clemson.

That's quite the list you have there, I could root for them all except the Knicks, they are just to dysfunctional to cheer for. Clemson is another I can agree with, followed them since the 80s.

The Canucks goalie you are thinking about is Roberto Luongo. He was with Vancouver for years before moving on to Florida. He was a very good goalie and also a pretty funny guy. Always interesting quotes and social media posts.

Morning, Gents! Well today's the day I start my new job, and to tell the truth I'm nervous. I take being nervous a good thing. Well, not sure I'll be able to get on during the work day, but I'll get on at some point and tell you guys how it went. Have a good day.
Good Luck GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Top O the Mornin Dads! Two more work days til vacation and to be honest everyone really needs to get away / escape for a bit. Not sure if I shared here but DD is gonna join us mid trip for a few days so the family of 4 will all be together which has DW on cloud none to see her girl some. Not to mention its gonna be like DDCC 8.5 down there. Cubs off to an ok start. Trust all had a good weekend and are staying safe. Though he does not come around here much anymore happy 50th Birthday to TekMickey (Joe)!
Good luck today and congrats on the new start

So I take it the Red Sox aren't that cool in the UK?
It's kind of who those who partake in smashed avocados on toast and hemp beer follow. Either that or they know naff all about baseball but just enough to know not to follow the Yankees so go to their rivals to prove they are not glory hunters, which is just as bad a reason in my book. There's more to it than that, which has to do with British US Sports fan snobbery, but we'll leave that for when we have a beer. Good on your nan for not loving the Celtics.
Good luck to you today, starting with a new firm is always exciting...
The Canucks goalie you are thinking about is Roberto Luongo. He was with Vancouver for years before moving on to Florida. He was a very good goalie and also a pretty funny guy. Always interesting quotes and social media posts.
That's the guy! I was trying to remember his name, without resorting to google. I remembered it had a lot of vowels. His shirt was everywhere.

Well today's the day I start my new job, and to tell the truth I'm nervous.
nervous is okay. Have a great day and good luck!
It put the pictures out of order, but sunrise.
Nice shots, Doc. :thumbsup2
Back in the office this morning, my key still works and everything is where I left it so I guess that's a good thing.
Nope. It'd be better if the key didn't work and you had to go home and call a locksmith who said he couldn't get there until tomorrow.
Today's humidex will make it feel like it's 102 F.
Might bit toasty.

Since the subject was broached...

My Teams are:
Soccer - Bayern Munich
Football - Winnipeg Blue Bombers, but if you just mean NFL... I guess Vikings since they're closest. Otherwise... whoever I feel like rooting for that day.
Baseball - Jays. But I never watch except maybe if the Jays are in the World Series.
Hoops - no one. I suppose Raptors if you put my foot to the fire.
Hockey - Jets of course.

Hey fellas, Happy Monday.

Really liked Mickey Runaway Raliroad. That was a lot of fun and unpredictable in that Great Movie Ride space.

RoTR is absolutely 1000% worth it. I guess a faster phone would have got me in sooner, but it was still worth the wait. I intentionally didn't watch or read any reviews because I wanted to be surprised and enjoy it. I definitely was. It's now up for best ride at WDW for me, but Kilimanjaro Safaris will be difficult to beat.

Sounds like the new additions are good ones. That's great to hear. I seem to be in the minority, but I thought Great Movie Ride was terrible. So I'm glad the replacement is an improvement.

Got to Vero Beach today.

Have a great time! Loved the sunrise pics.

So I guess I am a Canucks fan as well, although I could give a tinker's cuss about Hockey, I don't think I've seen a game since 2008.

Took me a while, but my college roomie got me into hockey, and now it's one of my favorite sports. I do feel like it's much better to watch live than on TV. The speed of the players comes across better when you're there in person.

Interestingly, me and my cousin got warned in a kind of "If you carry on, you're leaving" in a Vegas bar for winding up a group of UoT fans. Most of which involved chants on where they could stick their orange. I was pretty drunk, in my defense.

Oh, well, as long as you were drunk, then it's fine.

Today's humidex will make it feel like it's 102 F.

Bleh.

Tried to play golf on Saturday with my son. There was no air moving at all. Felt like we were standing in a pressure cooker. I still beat him though, so that's all that matters.

Two more work days til vacation and to be honest everyone really needs to get away / escape for a bit

I can understand that. Have a great time!

My teams are well-known at this point. All Philadelphia teams and whoever is playing against the Dallas Cowboys. I don't have a strong pull for any college teams. I mostly just hope Nick Saban doesn't win.

Hay Y'all...
Starting into another month-end reporting cycle at work, but I'm gonn'a make an attempt to keep up around here and with the rest of the world anyway. We'll see how that goes.

I'd like to see a demo derby some day. Just for laughs.
Saw several when I was younger. Kinda funny wat hing everyone driving backwards. The figure 8 is something I'd like to see.
Man this got me to reminiscing. in the late 1960's we lived in south Fla. Always on the hunt for cheap family entertainment, my pop would take us to the short track that was located in what use to be the boonies west of Hollywood (there's now plenty of suburbia and a swank housing development built on the site). I was nuts about cars as a kid and loved watching races back then. They did short heats, long runs, figure-8s and of course, demo's. And you got all that noise, fumes and carnage for seriously low amounts of dinero. Form a kid's perspective that was hard to beat.

One of the nuttiest things they use to do was called "The Spook Race" (which got held around October as you might imagine). It was only about 20 laps. They'd blare "spooky" sound effect across the P/A (screams, demonic laughs, ghostly howls and the like), but the real trick was that they'd turn the stadium lights on and off at random internals during the race. Now your average "stock-car" don't got any kind of headlight on em, and most folks eyes don't adjust very quickly such drastic changes in illumination, so as you might imagine, there were a whole lot of yellow and red flags that had to be waved during that particular event. I suspect that the drivers hated that one as dang few of em would get out of the heat with their ride intact.

Really liked Mickey Runaway Raliroad.
RoTR is absolutely 1000% worth it. I guess a faster phone would have got me in sooner, but it was still worth the wait. I intentionally didn't watch or read any reviews because I wanted to be surprised and enjoy it.
Good to hear.
I was wondering if those were going to be worth the effort.
I may actually have to get down there now.

Morning, Gents! Well today's the day I start my new job, and to tell the truth I'm nervous. I take being nervous a good thing.
Good Luck, We're all counting on you...

I seem to be in the minority, but I thought Great Movie Ride was terrible.
I'd be surprised if your were actually in the minority on that one. I think ambivalence might be the best most folk could muster for TGMR.

Afternoon all. Already back from an empty AK. AK only had 10 rides open today, but with small crowd, we just rode what we wanted multiple times. FoP, EE, and KS 3 times each by 2 PM, and lunch at Yak n Yeti. It's all walking and no wait times. We may go back this afternoon as they close at 6, or just may head to the pool.

Got a call back at 10 AM for a 2nd interview and had to tell them I was on vacation. So, my 2nd interview is next Monday at 7 AM for 90 minutes, and I need to bring my steel toe boots. I guess my last month before retirement time will be filled with some sick days for orientation?

As for Sports team, I'm now officially a West Ham fan going back 2 weeks as 007 sponsored my membership, and wow, that paddle hurt. I can still barely sit down. Next time Dan, don't send as many guys over to the house for the initiation. :lmao:

Rest of sports, University of Kentucky basketball, and whatever team former University of Louisville Quarterback Lamar Jacokson is playing for, which is now the Ravens. I grew up a Reds fan, but really just enjoy watching the competition as to cheering for a club. The only sports memorabilia I have is a UK tshirt & hat. Maybe a few other hats, if they were free.

Got to Vero Beach today. Took some pictures on the beach, but with good camera, so will have to wait until I can get to computer. Went to dinner at a place about 7 miles from the resort. Was highly recommended. Had coconut shrimp and clam strips.

DW with her drink.
View attachment 513644

Coconut shrimp
View attachment 513645

Fried clams
View attachment 513646

Ocean Grille? If not, that's a good place. I like Green Cabin Room at WDW.

I haven't seen that at all on any of the live feeds I've watched over the last couple of weeks. Seems like you are hitting a bad string of luck with the rides.

It was mostly at DHS. One of the locals said AP holders can't access DHS right now as it is the most coveted park. So, it will be the most crowded and with crowds, those who want to break the rules.

Oh, well done you. :worship:.That's gold right there. Hey....wait!

for Clarity.

My Teams are:
Your Football - Bears
Baseball - Cubs
Hoops - Knicks

Are you staying on points or somewhere else?
Enjoy. Shrimp and Clams are always a winner. Maybe with some Calamari. And some Mahi Mahi.

By that, you mean, er...none.

Now that, is an interesting conversation we will have at some point, around Red Sox support in the UK, and why it wouldn't be cooler for me to support Boston.

That's the makings of a classic Disney day there bud. Good rides, good eatin' and sweating your Jacobs off waiting for the maintenance guy with the spanner.

(Not very) Interestingly, me and my cousin got warned in a kind of "If you carry on, you're leaving" in a Vegas bar for winding up a group of UoT fans. Most of which involved chants on where they could stick their orange. I was pretty drunk, in my defense.

Right, onto talking about little plastic bricks for the rest of the day.

Have a great Monday chaps, Doc enjoy Vero, Norm enjoy whichever park you are hitting today, I'm guessing Mikey is on wheels down for this week.
The rest of us just carry on with the grind. And no, Ponzie, not in the bating sense.

It's a lot of fun. I'm trying to recruit more West Ham fans, but the people aren't buying.

That's awesome! Can't wait to go and see it for myself.

😆

Well, ok...if you're just watching them and not really supporting them, then ok.

So I take it the Red Sox aren't that cool in the UK? I'll admit to not being a huge sports fan, but since I started living in Boston, and now Cape Cod, I've become a Red Sox Fan. Now, that doesn't apply to the Celtics. My grandmother was a die hard Lakers fan, and HATED the Celtics. I guess I remain non-fan of the team out of respect for her. I do like the Bruins, though I don't know much about hockey.

Just picture then in their underwear. Wait, that's a sexual harassment lawsuit. Never take my advice.

Sounds like the new additions are good ones. That's great to hear. I seem to be in the minority, but I thought Great Movie Ride was terrible. So I'm glad the replacement is an improvement.

Have a great time! Loved the sunrise pics.

Took me a while, but my college roomie got me into hockey, and now it's one of my favorite sports. I do feel like it's much better to watch live than on TV. The speed of the players comes across better when you're there in person.

Oh, well, as long as you were drunk, then it's fine.

Bleh.

Tried to play golf on Saturday with my son. There was no air moving at all. Felt like we were standing in a pressure cooker. I still beat him though, so that's all that matters.

I can understand that. Have a great time!

My teams are well-known at this point. All Philadelphia teams and whoever is playing against the Dallas Cowboys. I don't have a strong pull for any college teams. I mostly just hope Nick Saban doesn't win.

I liked the Great Movie Ride ok, but it depended on who was along for the show. If they dialed in, it was bad. I couldn't have been further away in re-imagining the use of the space or the storyline for MRR.

View attachment 513914

View attachment 513916

First one you can see me better
Second one you can see the ocean better

I'm sure y'all will like the latter better.

When I get home, I may try to photoshop them together.

Is that a view from the room? I'm points cheap and usually just stay Garden view to save points. But, listening to the waves crash on the beach is mesmorizing.

Last edited:
Ocean Grille? If not, that's a good place. I like Green Cabin Room at WDW.
It was called Squid lips. It was good.

20200726_195518.jpg

20200726_201731_HDR.jpg

The clams had too much breading for my taste, but still good.

usually just stay Garden view to save points. But, listening to the waves crash on the beach is mesmorizing.
Yes, from the room.
It's an ocean view, but the view is about the only thing about it so far we like.

They did short heats, long runs, figure-8s and of course, demo's. And you got all that noise, fumes and carnage for seriously low amounts of dinero. Form a kid's perspective that was hard to beat.
I bet it was! Sounds like a blast!
but the real trick was that they'd turn the stadium lights on and off at random internals during the race.
:lmao:
First one you can see me better
Second one you can see the ocean better

I'm sure y'all will like the latter better.
OMG! Yes!!!! The second one! Please! Definitely! Good Lord!

uh

I mean. No, no. You look great. Nice to see you.

:rolleyes1
When I get home, I may try to photoshop them together.
That will be very tough with your hair like that.
we just rode what we wanted multiple times. FoP, EE, and KS 3 times each by 2 PM,
:eek:
Never thought I'd read that!
Got a call back at 10 AM for a 2nd interview and had to tell them I was on vacation. So, my 2nd interview is next Monday at 7 AM for 90 minutes, and I need to bring my steel toe boots. I guess my last month before retirement time will be filled with some sick days for orientation?
Good luck with that 2nd interview!
Just picture then in their underwear. Wait, that's a sexual harassment lawsuit. Never take my advice.
:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter