DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I own DVC, after far too many years of not owning. I still rent points when it suits our vacation needs better. That said, does anybody else cruise the rent/trade board, looking for a deal in a "just in case" basis, or is it just me?

I'm not sure if any of the Dis(board) DisDads are aware, but there is a DisDad Club Convention in January.

I think the official dates are 6-10. I'm arriving on the 11th. but there's enough hold-over.

I bring it up so everyone feels like they're invited, because, you are. At least, that's my approach. I may be wrong, and it isn't my party, so, there's that. BUT - we're at about 80 days out, so, it's close enough to start planning.

I REALLY hope the Top of the World lounge is open by then.

I’ve heard about that. Is it any fun?

Morning, fellas. Work has been nuts lately so I haven't had much time to stop by and dish out my usual nonsense wisdom. Hope you're all doing well.
You hadn’t heard? You were voted out in your absence.
I own DVC, after far too many years of not owning. I still rent points when it suits our vacation needs better. That said, does anybody else cruise the rent/trade board, looking for a deal in a "just in case" basis, or is it just me?
Never have. Maybe I should start looking. Only rented points once and that was from @docsoliday1 Worked out really well.
Mice do not have platelets, so when they bite into the steel wool, it cuts their mouths up and they bleed out.
View attachment 534913
Mickey is gonna have a hard time.

Short week this week as we head out to visit DD on Thursday so a 3-day this week and 4-day next week and can really use the break. DS was home for a couple of days this weekend which was good.
Enjoy the trip and be sure to say hay to Abby Someone for us if you get the chance.

You're not going to be talking to us while hiding out in the bathroom, are you? I can see it now, Goofy stringing extra-long computer cable in the bathroom so he can hook up his computer. :rotfl:
Naaaa...
My requisition request for the drop-cable was denied.

I actually travel home for lunch, so being able to take a bit longer break allows me time to try and check in here. While at the office...

Not so much.

Well aren't you being picky. 😜:teeth:
When I was younger, the notion of not surviving might have been appealing, but I've been working on fighting that tendency more recently.

I would think NASA's figured out the protection from ultraviolet radiation by now.
NASA, possibly so...

But this venture is being put forth by a for-profit business concern.
So long as the balance sheet looks good and the investors and making coin, I don't foresee such an institution being overly concerned about something as trivial as a survival rate.

What’s this “sleep” I keep hearing about.
Something rare and valuable.
Just be glad no one has figured out just how to monetize it yet.

Work has been nuts lately so I haven't had much time to stop by and dish out my usual nonsense wisdom.
I rather miss your nonsense wisdom.
It's better then some folks actual wisdom.

No, no...
That was me the got voted out (at least by a few folks)
But I'm ignoring that edict for now.

You guys aren't organized enough to pull that off.

Enjoy the trip and be sure to say hay to Abby Someone for us if you get the chance.

She seems a little empty-headed.

I rather miss your nonsense wisdom.
It's better then some folks actual wisdom.

What are "Sentences that have never been written", Alex?

Yup. You are welcome. Mark on the other hand...

It was like that when I got here.

Pretty sure. I think there are two guys that have been every year, the guy that looks like you and Scott. According to Scott he doesn't look like you so there has to be another guy.

He did grow a beard at one point.

Hey guys

So, good news bad news day for me.
Bad news. I’ve been told to stand down from work, things have slowed down once again (stupid oil price), so I’ll miss out on at least the next weeks pay or more. I’ll be told when I’m needed back. Hopefully when, not if.
Good news is that I now have the day off for my birthday tomorrow. Not sure what I’ll do. Nothing planned since I was supposed to be working night shift and everybody else in the family is busy with work, school, and dance class. I might try to get out for a hike but the weather has turned cold and wet here somaybenot even that. Could do a Mandalorian marathon since the new season is out Friday.

I'm not sure if any of the Dis(board) DisDads are aware, but there is a DisDad Club Convention in January.
I’m aware (I’m also in the FB group) but being Canadian with a closed border and quarantine rules makes it a no-go for me. Hopefully one year.

Got word yesterday that my DMiL came out of surgery doing ok.
Good to hear.

That said, does anybody else cruise the rent/trade board, looking for a deal in a "just in case" basis, or is it just me?
I brought up with DW once but she wouldn’t go for it. She doesn’t trust it. I would trust one of the Dads and probably the rental sites, not sure about the General disboards.

Bad news. I’ve been told to stand down from work, things have slowed down once again (stupid oil price), so I’ll miss out on at least the next weeks pay or more. I’ll be told when I’m needed back.
Well, that stinks.

Hopefully when, not if.
And we'll be ignoring that possibility.
May the furlough break records for its brevity.

Hey guys

Bad news. I’ve been told to stand down from work, things have slowed down once again (stupid oil price), so I’ll miss out on at least the next weeks pay or more. I’ll be told when I’m needed back. Hopefully when, not if.
Good news is that I now have the day off for my birthday tomorrow. Not sure what I’ll do. Nothing planned since I was supposed to be working night shift and everybody else in the family is busy with work, school, and dance class. I might try to get out for a hike but the weather has turned cold and wet here somaybenot even that. Could do a Mandalorian marathon since the new season is out Friday.

I’m aware (I’m also in the FB group) but being Canadian with a closed border and quarantine rules makes it a no-go for me. Hopefully one year.

Hope it's a short stint off Jeff.

You're in our bubble, come on over in January and we'll create the DDCC North remote version.

You guys aren't organized enough to pull that off.
I'll give you that one.
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear, Jeff.
Good news is that I now have the day off for my birthday tomorrow.
Well... silver lining. Happy Birthday.
Could do a Mandalorian marathon since the new season is out Friday.
Could think of worse ways to spend the day. :)
You're in our bubble, come on over in January and we'll create the DDCC North remote version.
You could actually do that. A couple years ago I went to the PNWMM (Pacific North-West Mouse Meet, in Seattle). So... just have one at the other end of the continent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter