DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Fellas! Had a good long weekend. Didn't do a whole lot, so nothing exciting to report. So I'm starting to get serious about two online courses I've been paying extensions for quite a while, I'm getting tired of paying money to keep the courses open, so I'll be taking some time in the mornings to do some studying. So this means I might not be frequenting the boards every day, but I'll stop by every now and then to say hey and to check-in. I need to get serious about studying....daddy needs a new career. No, I'm not trying to find a new job after just getting one, just working towards the career I chose 4 years ago and just haven't gotten certified yet. Well, with that, I'm outta here. Have a good day, guys.

TTFN

Morning all.

About 50F and raining here right now, supposed to drop to to about 20F in a matter of 3 or 4 hours. Anyone want to go skating?

I think Mother Nature's drunk.

No… really… I love living where it snows ALL. THE. TIME.

View attachment 648406

As I told my brother, who lives in southern New Mexico, dealing with the winter is a small price to pay for living in a place that's absolutely beautiful in the spring and summer.

Morning gents. This time next week, I'll be figuring out what to do with myself in Germany.

Fly out Thu night
Arrive there Fri morning.
Next Sat will be my first full day in country.

Not looking forward to snow/cold, BUT one must suffer some bad to be able to enjoy all the good

Good luck! And after you get settled in, don't forget to take some time on the weekends to go exploring. When my brother lived there, he and his wife would get all their errands done on Saturday so Sundays where spent exploring the local area.

Greetings Everyone,

Had a pretty good week last week. The Kid passed the written test for her Driver License. Now all she has to do is go to the DMV and have her picture taken. After passing her test a couple of weeks ago, The Better Half received her official license from the Pharmacy Board.

:cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1:

Girl Scout Cookie Season is upon us. The Kid is currently sitting out in the cold trying to unload the cases of cookies on unsuspecting passers by. Due to the current supply chain issues, our district didn't get all the cookies we ordered. Thankfully, the Thin Mints and Samoas arrived though. I will try to make them last until at least Monday. :rolleyes:

Girl Scout Cookies are totally legal drugs. I'm glad I no longer have to commute into Boston because every day there'd be Girl Scouts selling cookies at the major train stations. How can you say no to cookies and cuteness overload? I mean, seriously.

Last edited:
Morning folks.
I'll be taking some time in the mornings to do some studying.
Good luck with the studies.
As I told my brother, who lives in southern New Mexico, dealing with the winter is a small price to pay for living in a place that's absolutely beautiful in the spring and summer.
It’s been a %#!}@& of a price to pay this winter!!!

Morning All,

Welcome to a new work week. Seems like a Monday but the good news is that it is already Tuesday.

Have a good one all.

Morning, Fellas! Had a good long weekend. Didn't do a whole lot, so nothing exciting to report. So I'm starting to get serious about two online courses I've been paying extensions for quite a while, I'm getting tired of paying money to keep the courses open, so I'll be taking some time in the mornings to do some studying. So this means I might not be frequenting the boards every day, but I'll stop by every now and then to say hey and to check-in. I need to get serious about studying....daddy needs a new career. No, I'm not trying to find a new job after just getting one, just working towards the career I chose 4 years ago and just haven't gotten certified yet. Well, with that, I'm outta here. Have a good day, guys.

Morning, Gents! Just a quick run through to say hey. Had a good day yesterday at Endocrinology and Rheumatology. Will be back at the same office today and tomorrow. Have a good day, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Morning folks.

Mornin'!

Thanks

It’s been a %#!}@& of a price to pay this winter!!!

We've had winters like that. One winter back we had 3 blizzards in 3 weeks, and it got to where we ran out of places to put snow....so I get it.

Morning All,

Welcome to a new work week. Seems like a Monday but the good news is that it is already Tuesday.

Have a good one all.

And now it's Wednesday. :teeth:

Thanks.

We had two blizzards in 2 days (or close enough) and I reached the point of not being able to put the snow anywhere a while ago... before the last blizzard.

Two blizzards in two days! :faint:

Several years ago we had 2 in a week's time and I thought that was going to kill me. I can't imagine the very next day...

I remember after the second blizzard we were out shoveling about a foot of snow off the driveway. The plow had already come through and piled up a wall of ice chunks at the end of the driveway, so that's always the worst part to get through. We'd been out there a couple of hours and I'd gotten about half of that wall cleared. Some guy came driving down the street in a little caterpillar tractor and stopped at our place. He said, "I'll clear the rest for you for 5 bucks."

I said "Deal!" before he even finished speaking. Best 5 bucks I ever spent. A lot of other people hadn't made nearly as much progress as we had, so I think he was upping his price as he went down the street. Probably made a fortune.

Two blizzards in two days! :faint:

Several years ago we had 2 in a week's time and I thought that was going to kill me. I can't imagine the very next day...
There was just enough time in between the two to shovel a foot or more of snow (depending... range from 8" at the shallowest points to 3-4' (yes feet) along the edges.
Next day, did it all again. No snow in the forecast for a few days now, thank goodness.
The plow had already come through and piled up a wall of ice chunks at the end of the driveway
Love when they do that.
We have front end loaders that come and clean that up... but last time, they dumped a ton right on my driveway. Was pretty peeved.
We'd been out there a couple of hours and I'd gotten about half of that wall cleared. Some guy came driving down the street in a little caterpillar tractor and stopped at our place. He said, "I'll clear the rest for you for 5 bucks."

I said "Deal!" before he even finished speaking. Best 5 bucks I ever spent.
::yes:: I bet!
A lot of other people hadn't made nearly as much progress as we had, so I think he was upping his price as he went down the street. Probably made a fortune.
I'm okay with that. If you don't want to pay, move the snow yourself.

Hey, guys! Just a quick drive-by. Extremely busy day yesterday, man was it busy, but the day flew by. Now off to another day, but first! Studying. :wave::wave::wave::wave:

Morning gents

We had two blizzards in 2 days (or close enough) and I reached the point of not being able to put the snow anywhere a while ago... before the last blizzard.

Ok, that's way worse. That would suck big time.

I remember after the second blizzard we were out shoveling about a foot of snow off the driveway. The plow had already come through and piled up a wall of ice chunks at the end of the driveway, so that's always the worst part to get through. We'd been out there a couple of hours and I'd gotten about half of that wall cleared. Some guy came driving down the street in a little caterpillar tractor and stopped at our place. He said, "I'll clear the rest for you for 5 bucks."

I said "Deal!" before he even finished speaking. Best 5 bucks I ever spent. A lot of other people hadn't made nearly as much progress as we had, so I think he was upping his price as he went down the street. Probably made a fortune.

I hate when that happens, but it does happen and I try to get to it before it freezes solid. And more than once I've paid a guy with a bobcat to clean my driveway instead of shoveling when it's snowed a lot. Sometimes it's just easier to pay someone to do it than do it yourself.

There was just enough time in between the two to shovel a foot or more of snow (depending... range from 8" at the shallowest points to 3-4' (yes feet) along the edges.
Next day, did it all again. No snow in the forecast for a few days now, thank goodness.

3'-4'?! Wow.

20220224_074213.jpg

Happy Friday Eve Everyone,

Since everyone is complaining about the weather, I had to post my photo as it snowed at my house last night. This little dusting was enough to shut down the schools for the day and caused crashes on every freeway and major roadway. Two of my employees called off today. :sad2:

I had to post my photo as it snowed at my house last night. This little dusting was enough to shut down the schools for the day and caused crashes on every freeway and major roadway. Two of my employees called off today. :sad2:
:lmao:
Had a made a quick trip down the highway to pick this up this morning.
Looking good, Darcy. Do you deal mostly with Sandals?

:wave: Hey, guys! Glad it's Friday. Have a good day.

View attachment 649863

Happy Friday Eve Everyone,

Since everyone is complaining about the weather, I had to post my photo as it snowed at my house last night. This little dusting was enough to shut down the schools for the day and caused crashes on every freeway and major roadway. Two of my employees called off today. :sad2:

:thumbsup2

Afternoon All,

Had a made a quick trip down the highway to pick this up this morning.

View attachment 649886

View attachment 649887

View attachment 649888

View attachment 649890

Looks good, Darcy!

Glad you avoided this mishap Darcy mate.
:laughing: I remember that one.
Sounds like Doc picked a helluva week to move into the middle of Europe......
Oh, shoot! (Let me rephrase that...)

Oh, darn! I totally missed wishing him a bon voyage. Crap.
@docsoliday, when you see this, hope you had a good move.
Can't believe he hasn't called it already. I understood with the power of being the Easternmost Disdad came great responsibility.
:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter