• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

We're staying at the Pop Century. I booked last year, I think it was in Nov. Got that done first. This will be a new resort for me, so I'm looking forward to it. And getting there early? Not sure what we might do once we get there, but we're going to have fun doing it. I suspect a nap will be in order once we get to our room. Leaving the house at 2:45 am means no one will be sleeping that night.
I really like Pop. We stayed there for NYE. Make sure you let them know you’ll be an early arrival. Room probably won’t be ready when you get there but we did online check in and noted our arrival would be at 8am and had a room by about 10:30. You’ll have plenty to do… nap, explore Pop, explore AoA, go on the skyliner and check out the boardwalk.

Bought our plane tickets for our Disney trip in June.
Great! Finally coming together.
How'd your 2 midnight shifts go? Hope you didn't have too hard of a time.
They're never fun. But I typically work at least two in a row every cycle.
Yeah not expecting our room to be ready by the time we get there, so exploring the resort is on the list. Didn't think about exploring Art of Animation or taking a Skyliner tour. Thanks for the ideas.
You could take the skyliner to the boardwalk and explore there. Maybe even get an ADR at Beaches and Cream and share (or not) a No Way Jose for lunch. A free day is also a great time to explore Disney Springs.

Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well on this Monday morning. Had a good weekend doing some organizing and cleaning. I've been slowly working on the basement, slow being the key word here, but I'm working on it. Outside that all's well. Have a good day.

TTFN

I really like Pop. We stayed there for NYE. Make sure you let them know you’ll be an early arrival. Room probably won’t be ready when you get there but we did online check in and noted our arrival would be at 8am and had a room by about 10:30. You’ll have plenty to do… nap, explore Pop, explore AoA, go on the skyliner and check out the boardwalk.

Thanks for the tip. I'll email my travel agent and let her know.

Great! Finally coming together.

I'm so excited. The moment I clicked "Purchase tickets" it became real for me.

They're never fun. But I typically work at least two in a row every cycle.

At least it's only two per cycle, unless your cycle is really short. Could be more.

You could take the skyliner to the boardwalk and explore there. Maybe even get an ADR at Beaches and Cream and share (or not) a No Way Jose for lunch. A free day is also a great time to explore Disney Springs.

Didn't know it went there, thanks for the suggestion.

Hey guys, sorry I've been scarce. Had a rough start to the new year so far. Both kids at home came down with a nasty stomach virus, couldn't keep anything down. I also broke our thermostat and had to do an emergency replacement. Surely it will get better from here!

Hey guys, sorry I've been scarce. Had a rough start to the new year so far. Both kids at home came down with a nasty stomach virus, couldn't keep anything down. I also broke our thermostat and had to do an emergency replacement. Surely it will get better from here!
praying

Morning, Fellas! I had a good day yesterday. My supervisor put me in a slow office as a break for always being in the busiest office. How do I know this? I had to call her for something and she asked if I was enjoying my break. I told her, "Yes I am. Thank you." (heavy sigh) Today I'm back at the busy office. Which I guess is ok because it'll make the day go by fairly quickly. Otherwise all is well. Have a good day, guys, and we'll chat later.

Sorry to hear. Hope things improve, my friend.

At least it's only two per cycle, unless your cycle is really short. Could be more.
Cycle is 5 shifts. Typically an evening shift, a swing shift, a day shift and two midnight shifts. Except I'm working more days so this "cycle" is a midnight shift, three day shifts, two midnight shifts and two day shifts.
Didn't know it went there, thanks for the suggestion.
Well... technically it goes to just outside Epcot at the International Gateway. But that's just a short walk or even shorter boat ride to the Boardwalk Area. 4-5 minutes walk to Beaches & Cream. Maybe 7-10 to the Boardwalk.
Just ignore that whole "Things come in threes" thing. I'm sure there's nothing else just around the corner.

That's what you get for being an Eagles fan. ;)

JK, hope everyone is feeling better.

hump-day-memes-17.png

Hey, Fellas! Having a good day off today, though I do have a doctor's appointment. Nothing serious, just a check up. Otherwise all is well. Have a good day, guys.

TTFN

Cycle is 5 shifts. Typically an evening shift, a swing shift, a day shift and two midnight shifts. Except I'm working more days so this "cycle" is a midnight shift, three day shifts, two midnight shifts and two day shifts.

That's some cycle. What makes you special enough to get a longer cycle?

Well... technically it goes to just outside Epcot at the International Gateway. But that's just a short walk or even shorter boat ride to the Boardwalk Area. 4-5 minutes walk to Beaches & Cream. Maybe 7-10 to the Boardwalk.

How convenient is that? So looking forward to using the Skyliner.

Another vote here for "Pop is great". We stayed for the first time since the skyliner went up over the holidays and what a game changer. I almost didn't want to go to MK or AK after experiencing how easy the skyliner made life lol.

So glad to hear this. I'll be staying there in June, and can't wait to try it.

That's some cycle. What makes you special enough to get a longer cycle?
Pretty much everyone is. We should have at least 13 on staff, 12 plus a... I'll call him a supervisor, but he's more like the unit troubleshooter. We currently have 8 in total.

Another vote here for "Pop is great". We stayed for the first time since the skyliner went up over the holidays and what a game changer. I almost didn't want to go to MK or AK after experiencing how easy the skyliner made life lol.
:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB voxparse! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #885!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

Pretty much everyone is. We should have at least 13 on staff, 12 plus a... I'll call him a supervisor, but he's more like the unit troubleshooter. We currently have 8 in total.

Ah, so everyone's on the same cycle. Still....that's some cycle.

Harsh...

If our being sick meant we got home field and the #1 seed...it was worth it.
That's an interesting spin on the notion of "Taking one for the team".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter