DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Another vote here for "Pop is great". We stayed for the first time since the skyliner went up over the holidays and what a game changer. I almost didn't want to go to MK or AK after experiencing how easy the skyliner made life lol.
True story. Having skyliner access there is a game changer. I liked it before, but it's near the top of my list now for that alone.

Now, that's funny...
Don't remember the episode specifically though, so my need to look for that one.

Only problem with the celebration is that (excepting you of course) it ain't "Friday" yet.
Just another work day until you finally walk out the door in the evening.
Then... it's "Friday".

That's what you get for being an Eagles fan. ;)

JK, hope everyone is feeling better.
Another vote here for "Pop is great". We stayed for the first time since the skyliner went up over the holidays and what a game changer. I almost didn't want to go to MK or AK after experiencing how easy the skyliner made life lol.
It’s the great cast members who work at the skyliner who make it so wonderful. (in my opinion) lol

Hey, Fellas! Hope all are well. Had a good long weekend doing pretty much nothing, except that I auditioned for another show. The same theater company that put on "The Sound of Music," that me and the family were recently in, is putting on "Hello Dolly" in July, and I auditioned. The show, "Hello Dolly," goes up less than a month after we'd get back from Disney World, so I don't think the director would want me taking a week off to run down to Florida so close to the opening of the show, so I said I'd be willing to change the dates of the trip if I got the part I wanted, which is Horace Vandergelder, a supporting character, but I'd say a major supporting character. With 5 performances a week for 4 weeks that's a lot of performances, so I'd only do it if I got the part I want. We were already looking at possibly moving our trip because the because the DW and the DD have been asked by the same theater group to do a one day performance the day we are to leave for Orlando, which means we're going to have to move the trip anyways, be it outright or just shifting it by a day. This theater company is probably considered one of the top community theater groups on the Cape, so for the DW and DD to be asked to do a performance, without auditioning, is a pretty big deal. So....:confused3 No brainer This also will make my DD look good when she auditions for "Matilda" later in the year at the same company. As I said, we could shift it by a day, which the DW is willing to do, but only if we get back early enough in the day for her to make a gig later that evening, or move it outright. I'm thinking moving it outright, but we'll see.

Zerf! What happened? Did you retire and start working at the Skyliner?
Yup, Retired in March of 2021. Sold it all and moved to Florida. I made retirement a year before I got board to tears and drove my wife nuts. Believe it or not but you can only go to the parks so long without it getting old. Feb. 2022 I applied at the monorail. I got the job and by the time I got through all the interviews etc. they didn’t have a part time position available. I was wait listed. So I transferred over to Skyliner. Ive been there almost a year now and I love it!
I love working for the company, I waited 50 years to make a dream come true and I’m sure not getting any younger. It kind of kills some of the magic but I’m having the time of my life. I work Sunday,Monday and Tuesday and I work closing shifts. For the most part I work with the college kids and it’s riot, they love making fun of the old man. Lol We are getting a new round of kids in two weeks, the last round just left and I miss those kids like crazy.
Only regret I have is I didn’t do this earlier in life.

Yup, Retired in March of 2021. Sold it all and moved to Florida. I made retirement a year before I got board to tears and drove my wife nuts. Believe it or not but you can only go to the parks so long without it getting old. Feb. 2022 I applied at the monorail. I got the job and by the time I got through all the interviews etc. they didn’t have a part time position available. I was wait listed. So I transferred over to Skyliner. Ive been there almost a year now and I love it!
I love working for the company, I waited 50 years to make a dream come true and I’m sure not getting any younger. It kind of kills some of the magic but I’m having the time of my life. I work Sunday,Monday and Tuesday and I work closing shifts. For the most part I work with the college kids and it’s riot, they love making fun of the old man. Lol We are getting a new round of kids in two weeks, the last round just left and I miss those kids like crazy.
That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to go and do that! Enjoy it while you can, and I'm sure you give it as much as you take it from the college kids. I'm sure it's a lot of fun! Is there a particular station you usually work in or is it just wherever they need you?

That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to go and do that! Enjoy it while you can, and I'm sure you give it as much as you take it from the college kids. I'm sure it's a lot of fun! Is there a particular station you usually work in or is it just wherever they need you?
You are scheduled in advance. All the stations are the same, just different atmosphere. We do chose preferances, but like most roles, you are where they need you.

OK what did you do with Zerf?

There are no Zerfonics in this post at all! ;)

The same theater company that put on "The Sound of Music," that me and the family were recently in, is putting on "Hello Dolly" in July, and I auditioned.
For Dolly, I presume.
This theater company is probably considered one of the top community theater groups on the Cape, so for the DW and DD to be asked to do a performance, without auditioning, is a pretty big deal.
Then congratulations are on order
This is the kind of feel good post I need to read. :)

This is especially true for all of the guys at DDCC.

346de89645759bb8e9d7ad5d31d7e452.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter