DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Obviously apart from the incisive commentary and the razor sharp wit, one of the great things about this thread is even the mere vagueness of Monty Python can fill up a page in responses. It's still a weird thing as a Brit that almost universally in the States there is a bedrock of fandom for Python, as it is so British.

Thank PBS (Public Broadcasting System) who aired repeats of the old Python show. Can someone say "Twit of the Year contest?" Unique for American television. When Grail came out, we were primed to see it.

Our last night in London a couple of years ago was July 4th. Decided to celebrate the revolution by seeing Spamalot. Maybe if George and his advisors were as humorous as Arthur and his K-nig-hts, Elizabeth would be our Queen.

Anyone need anything blown up? I have some nitroglycerin. It has to be small though because the pills are tiny.

Welcome new guys! You can have my portion of the bacon dues. Just wait by the mailbox.

Happy Friday. Our Fiscal year comes to a close today. So, I get to make lots of jokes about seeing everyone next year. I'm out to Wednesday, but DW scheduled something and has to work, otherwise, this would have been a great time for a mini vacation. We've been talking lately about buying property in Florida in the Destin, Ft Walton Beach area. If we could find a decent enough place, then we could make a 8 hour down I-65 to get to a beach on these longer weekends. It is still a long drive, but may be worth it. Decisions, decisions.

All she needs is an eyepatch, sabor and a parrot on her shoulder.

Keep an eye out today, she is back driving the boat. Boat, crew and captain all made it back fine. The only problem is they didn't tag anything that was worth following on an acoustical tag. They just drove around the other boat hoping to get something.

Did she say anything about the rum being gone? :lmao:

Now, she's living my dream as a boat captain, without having to buy the boat.

Flattery will get you everywhere

Obviously apart from the incisive commentary and the razor sharp wit, one of the great things about this thread is even the mere vagueness of Monty Python can fill up a page in responses. It's still a weird thing as a Brit that almost universally in the States there is a bedrock of fandom for Python, as it is so British. Salut, boys.

I'm counting on that. It is a terribly irreverent movie, but it is still funny all the same. I still have a dream one day of winning the lotto and developing my own Castle Antrax. I'll face the peril. :lmao:

Anyone need anything blown up? I have some nitroglycerin. It has to be small though because the pills are tiny.

Welcome new guys! You can have my portion of the bacon dues. Just wait by the mailbox.

Saw that on the prayer thread. What's going on? I mean, Stats is contemplating a career change to a hitman and those nitro pills may be a good start. :sad2: Yeah, that was bad. What's going on?

Obviously apart from the incisive commentary and the razor sharp wit, one of the great things about this thread is even the mere vagueness of Monty Python can fill up a page in responses. It's still a weird thing as a Brit that almost universally in the States there is a bedrock of fandom for Python, as it is so British. Salut, boys.

Hey, funny is funny. Doesn't matter where it comes from.

If there is any group that could make use of this and turn it into a spectacular explosion, it would be this group.

Are you ok?

Think outside the box...we just need a BUNCH of them for BIG BOOM!!! :dogdance:

Happy Friday guys, enjoy the weekend. No idea what I am going to do over the 4th. Well, other than burning that effigy of George III.

Saw that on the prayer thread. What's going on? I mean, Stats is contemplating a career change to a hitman and those nitro pills may be a good start. :sad2: Yeah, that was bad. What's going on?

Also saw it on the Prayer thread. Any update? Keep us posted here or on the other thread if you like.
Did she say anything about the rum being gone? :lmao:

Now, she's living my dream as a boat captain, without having to buy the boat.

No rum to be found on the boat. UM frowns on having rum on its boats. Trying to talk her into giving up school and be a captain at Disney.

Now you know what to put in her Christmas stocking.

And as for the parrot…
might I suggest a Norwegian Blue?

Shhh, it's a secret. Cool idea, wonder if the CIA has a plan like that.
Wouldn’t surprise me none.
I just hope that they remember to put the lasers on the shark’s heads.

Cannot understand why I do not have a copy of that movie.
Me neither…
I do believe you need to correct that glaring error.
(or… we now know what the Pirate Princess needs to get for your Christmas stocking)

Unless your the captain of the golf team, obvs.
Obviously…

Ya’ caught me being too general
(I should know better that that ‘round here)

I think we should have a beer to celebrate this notion.
Excellent idea!
And then we’ll need another one to celebrate the celebration.

I know lots of folk who don’t get it.
I feel sad for those poor unfortunate soles.

You never paid for Batman?
That would be a nope.
I was never a big comic book fan to begin with so most of the super hero films don’t really capture my imagination. I’ve seen bits and pieces of a couple of the Batman films on the telle, but was honestly not impressed enough to make it worth my while to watch any of the rest of them.

Thank PBS (Public Broadcasting System)
I thank them daily.
And they’re still the major importer of some very fine British and Australian television.

I can think of lots of things but given the recent changes in government surveillance, I’ll not be suggesting any of them out loud at this time.

You sir need to heal up. May you get this straightened out quickly and may the doctors get it right and solve the problems the first time. Good to hear from you and know that we are keeping you in mind over here.

this would have been a great time for a mini vacation. We've been talking lately about buying property in Florida in the Destin, Ft Walton Beach area. If we could find a decent enough place, then we could make a 8 hour down I-65 to get to a beach on these longer weekends. It is still a long drive, but may be worth it. Decisions, decisions.
I’ve got to be working across the holidays as well, so it’ll be a staycation for our household.
Property on the Golf Coast would be a good thing if you can swing it.
Lord knows I’d like to be able to pull that off.

And as for the parrot…
might I suggest a Norwegian Blue?
Lovely plumage, squire, lovely plumage.
Hey, funny is funny. Doesn't matter where it comes from.
Good point well made.
Well, other than burning that effigy of George III
He's m-m-m-m-mmmmad sir.

All right boys that's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in the D Lounge on the Fantasy with Mike has to take Cinderella home. And let me tell ya, she leaves you alone after her stroke of midnight.

Have a fabulous 4th July weekend chaps, may your meat be charred and your liqors be hard. Not the other way round.
London out.

Last edited:
No rum to be found on the boat. UM frowns on having rum on its boats. Trying to talk her into giving up school and be a captain at Disney.

Well, that's what all the captain's say. There's always rum. :lmao:

Prayer thread?

I see you found it. Back before FB, we used to have lots of DisDads and traffic here, with multiple threads and topics. Now, you just get the best of the best disdads here.

I’ve got to be working across the holidays as well, so it’ll be a staycation for our household.
Property on the Golf Coast would be a good thing if you can swing it.
Lord knows I’d like to be able to pull that off.

Yeah, that lotto winning would make it easier. But, it's a good long term plan.

All right boys that's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in the D Lounge on the Fantasy with Mike has to take Cinderella home. And let me tell ya, she leaves you alone after her stroke of midnight.

We've already been down Cinderella's wild ride. Still good idea calling it though.

I see you found it. Back before FB, we used to have lots of DisDads and traffic here, with multiple threads and topics. Now, you just get the best of the best disdads here.

Yep, GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes gave me link. I don't do facebook (don't even have an account), so good to see other stuff here.

Yeah, that lotto winning would make it easier. But, it's a good long term plan.
Lotto is just a tax on people who are bad at math.

Last edited:
Hmm. It's the first time that I ran across this thread. On January 19 of this year, I officially joined with my first born son. Most of the other criteria, I already met.

Glad to be a part of the club.

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB dvcdream4fld! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #836!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

Last edited:
First may I wish my fellow Canadian DISDads a very happy Canada Day. Unfortunately it's a cold rainy day here so I'll be celebrating Canada's 150th birthday indoors. No special plans. May take DD down to the city's celebration which they wisely moved indoors. Might need to help my parents finish the move into their new condo as well.

Cool picture but would be even better with the Jack Sparrow hat from WDW.

Did she say anything about the rum being gone?
:rotfl2:

I just hope that they remember to put the lasers on the shark’s heads.
Dr. Evil would approve

Last one in the D Lounge on the Fantasy with Mike has to take Cinderella home. And let me tell ya, she leaves you alone after her stroke of midnight.
If you're really lucky she might ask you to ride her pumpkin.

Now, you just get the best of the best disdads here.
It's where the cool kids hang out.

We've already been down Cinderella's wild ride. Still good idea calling it though.
We may be running out of princesses to tarnish...

Happy Canada day.

Lotto is just a tax on people who are bad at math.

I may contribute $20 a year. I buy a $1 quick pick when I occasionally remember. I know there's no chance, but it gives me that sliver of hope I need to get through the day.

I think we have verbally deflowered most of all them.

First may I wish my fellow Canadian DISDads a very happy Canada Day. Unfortunately it's a cold rainy day here so I'll be celebrating Canada's 150th birthday indoors. No special plans. May take DD down to the city's celebration which they wisely moved indoors. Might need to help my parents finish the move into their new condo as well.

Cool picture but would be even better with the Jack Sparrow hat from WDW.

:rotfl2:

Dr. Evil would approve

If you're really lucky she might ask you to ride her pumpkin.

It's where the cool kids hang out.

I'll have to trawl back through the fridays seeing as Norm seems to be a "one and done" kind of guy. Maybe Anna? Maybe it's time to move on to the secondary characters.....happy Canada day to you and Darcy.

Rainy morning here so far, they may have picked a bad year to have their biggest fireworks show ever.

Happy Canada Day to Jeff and all the honourary Canadians in the group.

I think we have verbally deflowered most of all them.

:scared1:

I'll have to trawl back through the fridays seeing as Norm seems to be a "one and done" kind of guy. Maybe Anna? Maybe it's time to move on to the secondary characters.....happy Canada day to you and Darcy.

To the Commonwealth!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter