• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Shopping done for the 4th. Going easy with; BBQ drumsticks, hot dogs, pasta salad and carrot cake for desert. Also, the bourbon is restocked. I decided not to go anywhere. South Miami shoots off fireworks and I can see them from my street. Plus a couple of the neighbors shoot off stuff so I will be ready with the hose if anyone catches on fire.

Day two of the Captaining thing is done. The first one they caught and tagged was over a 9 meter (they measure in meters and CM) female Tiger. They used both an acoustical tag and a satellite tag to track her immediate then long term travels. She swam around in the area for a bit and then took off like a bat out of he11 to deeper ocean. For the next 7 hours they played the Sharko/Polo game. The only negative was they were unable to retrieve the acoustical tag. It also pinged a satellite yesterday so she is doing fine.

First may I wish my fellow Canadian DISDads a very happy Canada Day. Unfortunately it's a cold rainy day here so I'll be celebrating Canada's 150th birthday indoors. No special plans. May take DD down to the city's celebration which they wisely moved indoors. Might need to help my parents finish the move into their new condo as well.

May I wish all of our friends north of us a Happy 150th birthday. And we thought you wouldn't last. The poutine is on me.

Cool picture but would be even better with the Jack Sparrow hat from WDW.

I like that idea, maybe a Christmas gift.

they measure in meters and CM) female Tiger
So they measure properly, nice to know. Now all they need to do it spell it "metre" and they'll be right proper :laughing:

Very cool job though. I remember a couple years ago there was a great white swimming around up here that had been tagged down south. I remember tracking it on a website.

Happy Sunday Gents.

It was a rainy Canada Day up here yesterday, great day just to relax. Sounds like a good plan for today as well.

Have a good one!

Afternoon everyone. Had a fun filled evening with burgers, beer, and fireworks at friends out in thr middle of nowhere. Not sure all the fireworks would be considered legal in KY, but when that far away, no one cares. My friend did call the neighbor to move to cows the previous day though as a courtesy.

This morning, cut the grass. Wow, it is hot and humid today. You all have a great holiday weekend.

So they measure properly, nice to know. Now all they need to do it spell it "metre" and they'll be right proper :laughing:

I thought we already through all these wrong spellings of extra uuus and re instead of er. What's next? Revisiting the penguins in Canada and army mobilizing? :crazy:

Evening boys, from a sunny and 80 London. Smoked up some brisket, which was very tasty, but struggled to get it past the stall. Had some butterfly lamb shoulder as well which was delicious, when coupled with a cheeky Anchor steam.
Hope my commonwealth Brethren are not too hung over, have a great Sunday all.

I know some will disagree, but sad day in Disney history. They've closed DisneyQuest. I'm not the shopping type, so aside from going to eat, almost no reason to go to downtown disney now. :sad:

I know some will disagree, but sad day in Disney history. They've closed DisneyQuest. I'm not the shopping type, so aside from going to eat, almost no reason to go to downtown disney now. :sad:

So what's likely to replace it? The last I remember it was the NBA experience but I thin they backed out. We had fun at Disney Quest but it wasn't a regular place for us to visit. We enjoy Disney Springs though and wind up visiting there most every trip either to eat or just walk around.

So what's likely to replace it? The last I remember it was the NBA experience but I thin they backed out. We had fun at Disney Quest but it wasn't a regular place for us to visit. We enjoy Disney Springs though and wind up visiting there most every trip either to eat or just walk around.
It's still (or AGAIN) the NBA experience thing. I know there will be some who love NBA and don't care about video games and/or VR things, but I'm the exact opposite. As is the case with most things Disney, some will love it, some will hate it. Loved DQ and have absolutely 0 interest in NBA.

Happy Monday. One of my idiot neighbors decided to stay up to after midnight and shoot off fireworks, so there wasn't much sleep here. Worked a few hours this AM and now it's a relaxing couple of days.

Evening boys, from a sunny and 80 London. Smoked up some brisket, which was very tasty, but struggled to get it past the stall. Had some butterfly lamb shoulder as well which was delicious, when coupled with a cheeky Anchor steam.
Hope my commonwealth Brethren are not too hung over, have a great Sunday all.

Not overly intoxicated here. Still concerned about your high treason comments. I hope the British aren't marching again.

I think they have the AMC dining place and Splitsville Bowling. We have talked about going to them, but have never made it there. We hadn't been for several years with the construction, and I enjoyed walking through it in April.

Another restaurant? Multiple level restaurant? More shopping? The coca-cola building was cool.

Enjoying my first holiday since joining the ranks of the 9-5 working class last month. Took DW and youngest DD to a place called Bell Island. Did a mine tour where they take you into an abandoned iron ore mine. Interesting to see. It also has a WWII history as being the only place in North America to be attacked by German U-boats, trying to cut off the iron supply to the Allies. Not a bad way to spend the day. Finishing off with steaks on the BBQ and I might try mixing up a homemade Lapu Lapu.

Enjoying my first holiday since joining the ranks of the 9-5 working class last month. Took DW and youngest DD to a place called Bell Island. Did a mine tour where they take you into an abandoned iron ore mine. Interesting to see. It also has a WWII history as being the only place in North America to be attacked by German U-boats, trying to cut off the iron supply to the Allies. Not a bad way to spend the day. Finishing off with steaks on the BBQ and I might try mixing up a homemade Lapu Lapu.

Sounds fun. I imagine those hours are a lot nicer. How did the lapu lapu turn out?

how is evryone on this fine day

:wave: Doing well, Carl. Still drama free. Hope you can enjoy your holiday tomorrow.

Great Carl! You should stay a while. The air is cleaner over here...

How did the lapu lapu turn out?
I made two. First one I used dark rum as called for and I wasn't a big fan, but I kind of expected that since I don't really like dark rum. I made a second with spiced rum and enjoyed it more. Of course I'm not sure that's a Lapu Lapu, maybe it was a spiced Lapu Lapu?

I made two. First one I used dark rum as called for and I wasn't a big fan, but I kind of expected that since I don't really like dark rum. I made a second with spiced rum and enjoyed it more. Of course I'm not sure that's a Lapu Lapu, maybe it was a spiced Lapu Lapu?

If you liked it, then I think that was the better one.

Also, the bourbon is restocked.
There you go, that's all you need mate. Happy July 4.
They've closed DisneyQuest
Yeah, sorry buddy, that's a big 'ol "meh" from me on that one.
Revisiting the penguins in Canada and army mobilizing?
I hope the British aren't marching again.
Either way, it ain't looking good for you mate.
how is everyone on this fine day
All good chief. Jus' watching the bullets fly on the other site.
I made a second with spiced rum and enjoyed it more. Of course I'm not sure that's a Lapu Lapu, maybe it was a spiced Lapu Lapu?
I think you should give it a Canadian name. Laputine? Lapoonie? I'm sure you or Darcy can come up with something better.....

However you celebrate Independence Day, enjoy chaps, and all the best to you and yours.
We don't get one because, let's face it, almost all of the world celebrates its independence from us. And then wants to beat us in sporting events. Which they usually do. In sports we invented. Go figure.

Happy 4th of July to all the American dads, and all the rest as well, because it is still the 4th of July even if you don't celebrate it for the same reason we do in the USA. Rainy day in the heart of Appalachia so a good chance to get caught up on some paperwork, cleaning and sleeping. Kids are up north visiting grandparents and SWMBO is busy with some crafty project.

Throw back Tuesday? This is from July 4, 2012. We were stay at Aulani and visited Pearl Harbor on 7-4. A very moving experience.

Very cool job though. I remember a couple years ago there was a great white swimming around up here that had been tagged down south. I remember tracking it on a website.

There are a few Great Whites tagged around the world. Now tagging one of those would be an interesting experience.

It was a rainy Canada Day up here yesterday, great day just to relax. Sounds like a good plan for today as well.

Good way to call an audible on your Canada Day.

Afternoon everyone. Had a fun filled evening with burgers, beer, and fireworks at friends out in thr middle of nowhere. Not sure all the fireworks would be considered legal in KY, but when that far away, no one cares. My friend did call the neighbor to move to cows the previous day though as a courtesy.

Sounds like a good day. I was going BBQ some drumsticks, hot dogs and Italian sausage but it has been raining. May have to call a Darcy audible.

I went once a few years ago and was not a fan. The rides and games seemed tired. Won't miss it but I feel for fans of the place.

So what's likely to replace it? The last I remember it was the NBA experience but I thin they backed out.

From what I heard, the NBA experience is back on but not sure if they inked anything yet. Not sure how well it will do.

I think they have the AMC dining place and Splitsville Bowling. We have talked about going to them, but have never made it there. We hadn't been for several years with the construction, and I enjoyed walking through it in April.

Did both and enjoyed them. Nice sitting in a comfy chair having an adult beverage and munchies while watching a movie. Never bowled at Splitsville but the atmosphere and food are good.

Not a bad day? Sounds like a great one.

Hey, it is Carl with a drive by. Things are good here, how about you?

Happy Nathans Hot Dog Eating Competition Day. Hope all you southerners have a great day of celebrations!

When I lived in NY, I took the kid to see it. Real campy and the contest itself was kind of gross. I was waiting for someone to hurl.

There you go, that's all you need mate. Happy July 4.

Thanks and a happy Tuesday to you.

However you celebrate Independence Day, enjoy chaps, and all the best to you and yours.
We don't get one because, let's face it, almost all of the world celebrates its independence from us. And then wants to beat us in sporting events. Which they usually do. In sports we invented. Go figure.

Well played sir.

Well, it was a nice relaxing holiday. BIL then called DW to say their father is MIA. He was supposed to be at BIL's house this morning (probably to give him more money), but didn't show and can't be reached by phone. His house is an hour away in the middle of no where with no cellular or cable internet service. So, they are driving out to his house to see if everything is ok. Honestly, my initial thought was that he has a new girlfriend over. Hopefully, all is well and we can enjoy our holiday soon enough with hotdogs, watermelon, and tennis family fun day.

Either way, it ain't looking good for you mate.

True. Sadly, I'm sure American politics are similar to England and it's an easy fix that will never happen. Tax money is given to corporations (bank bail outs, oil companies, food manufacturers, insurance companies) and then overspent on top politicians, directors, assistant directors, deputy directors, vice, associates, assistants, presidents, deans, provosts, vice deans, co-chairs, and everyone else making large salaries that do nothing but have meetings.

Hey, it is Carl with a drive by. Things are good here, how about you

:drive: Drive by Carl. And that's a great new nickname for him.

:lmao: :rotfl::lmao:

Last edited:
Well, it was a nice relaxing holiday. BIL then called DW to say their father is MIA. He was supposed to be at BIL's house this morning (probably to give him more money), but didn't show and can't be reached by phone. His house is an hour away in the middle of no where with no cellular or cable internet service. So, they are driving out to his house to see if everything is ok. Honestly, my initial thought was that he has a new girlfriend over. Hopefully, all is well and we can enjoy our holiday soon enough with hotdogs, watermelon, and tennis family fun day.

Well, no new girlfriend, but he surfaced, just didn't have his cell phone on and no home service. I told DW that we can't move to Florida as I couldn't afford a plane ticket for her to fly back here every time her dad doesn't answer the cell phone. The fireworks started early at our house. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter