DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Thinking (rough draft) something like this:
map2_zps8y3qtyw8.jpg

As someone who has traveled that nprthern stretch of MN, WI, and MI, many, many times, I can say Duluth is beautiful (my wife's hometown) and go to the bathroom and fuel up in Hurley,WI/Ironwood, MI, because there is nothing between there and Iron Mountain except trees and more trees.

Hi. I'm Danny and I'm technically new here. I joined DIS in 2014 but never really posted much.

Currently I am planning on taking my DD who will be almost 2 in December to MK with my wife who will be at the time 6 months pregnant. It'll be the wife's birthday weekend as well. I'm going to have my hands full for sure, but I can't wait to see my DD's eyes light up with all the music and lights and all that. I plan to do MK 2 days. There is so much stuff there for little ones.

The wife and I have been to all of the Disney parks numerous times (Universal as well) as we are Floridians and live about 3 hours away, but this Disney Dad thing is new for me. The last time we went was in 2015 before my wife got pregnant. Watching all the dads interact with the kids made me really want to have my own little one there to experience this!!

I never really do any of the Disney resorts as we always managed to come across either discounted or even free tickets. I did the time share sales pitch discount tickets thing more times than I want to admit (don't judge), but I am considering going the resort route in the future once baby # 2 gets to a certain age and can make his / her (we love a surprise) first trip.

This trip we found a decent offsite resort and it's just going to be a weekend thing.

Anyways, nice to finally be DIS dad. If anyone has any suggestions on surviving MK with a toddler and pregnant wife I'm all (mouse) ears!!

Welcome and congrats! believe only about a quarter of what you read on here.

TL

As someone who has traveled that nprthern stretch of MN, WI, and MI, many, many times, I can say Duluth is beautiful (my wife's hometown) and go to the bathroom and fuel up in Hurley,WI/Ironwood, MI, because there is nothing between there and Iron Mountain except trees and more trees.

Thanks for the tip! I've done the northern route (North of the lakes, in Canada) and the southern route (rounding Chicago) before. This will be the first time I go that-a-way, though.

Evening Gents,

Been busy volunteering at the 17U/15U Girls National Basketball championship so I haven't had a lot of time to check in. And I also had my laptop decide it's motherboard was done last night so I had to go to an old backup notebook and it is very slowwwwww. I read back a couple of and I see not much changed since Monday.

I see there is a new guy though, welcome Danny.

Morning chaps from a Sunny 80f London. Thunderstorms last night broke the humidity. In the garden on the laptop listening to the "Kerrangs Anthems" on the old tellybox. Sabotage is not working, I've got a couple of meetings about work this week. Anyone know Fridays Euromillions lottery numbers? There's £67m on offer, I figure that's gotta be worth a cheeky little place in Golden Oaks or Anna Maria Island......

We've had lots of thunderstorms over the last couple of day, including some nasty ones on Monday night that cause a lot of trees to be downed and power outages. They didn't help with the heat or humidity though.

Morning boys from a rainy London. temperature has fallen off a cliff. I feel a film day for the kids is on the cards.

Well, in America, we like everything bigger. :goodvibes:goodvibes
That you do, my friend, that you do.
I read back a couple of and I see not much changed since Monday.
Plus ca change, mon ami.
It looks like you are skirting near Asheville in GA, that's pretty cool. Good BBQ.

Have a great Thursday fellas.
London out.

You need to come farther East one day....

Easter will be a bit busy due to Spring break, but the weather can be beautiful!! Maybe a little rainy but it's Florida so that's always a possibility.

August is hot. Very hot. And humid. And a lot of rainy. I'd rather deal with larger crowds but nicer weather personally. As a Florida resident, I refuse to go anywhere near a theme park between May and late September.
First of all, welcome to the club!

I do like the weather around Easter time. I never found the crowds that bad, but I try to make good use of FP and rope drop. I also try to avoid the times when Easter falls in March right around spring break, a double whammy.

I'm a week away from my first trip in August heat. I decided to try it this time of year because it's harder for the girls to miss school in my preferred times April and October. I'm sure I will enjoy the trip, not sure how I'll enjoy the weather. But I have afternoon breaks planned.

You need to come farther East one day....

I'd love to come to the Rock some day.
It's on my bucket list.
That and PEI. Haven't been there either.

My, that is early. Early shift or just woke up?

Early shift.

Too early.

Fun times this morning. Introduced the kids to the comic genius that is Wile E Coyote.

:laughing: How are they liking it?
I remember as a kid being more interested in the other bits (Bugs, Daffy, etc.) but as an adult, finding Coyote/Roadrunner more funny.

Morning guys. DW is on the way to the airport to fly down to WDW this am. I'll head over and catch a flight tonight after work, if the weather and everything cooperates. Hoping for a few good days down there with the fam.

Hope all are well.
Have a great trip!

Morning boys from a rainy London. temperature has fallen off a cliff. I feel a film day for the kids is on the cards.

Going to be a rainy day here as well and the temps have dropped but not off a cliff.

Morning guys. DW is on the way to the airport to fly down to WDW this am. I'll head over and catch a flight tonight after work, if the weather and everything cooperates. Hoping for a few good days down there with the fam.

Hope all are well.

Have a fun trip.

:laughing: How are they liking it?
I remember as a kid being more interested in the other bits (Bugs, Daffy, etc.) but as an adult, finding Coyote/Roadrunner more funny.
He loves Daffy and Tweety Pie, Bugs he likes more for the other characters (Sam) He was really laughing at Wile E, as he was trying to guess what would happen when he was setting up the traps...he called a few of them. I've trained both of them to do a pretty good "Duck Season/Wabbit Season" with me holding one of G's blasters as Elmer Fudd. We may go on tour.
I'll head over and catch a flight tonight after work
Have a great time mate, have a pretzel for us all. And maybe a cheeky beer.
Early shift.

Too early.
Ah man. I'm sure there is a UN rule about hours like that.

Good evening Gents! I don't know how many years since I have posted here. But, trying to sell a DVC reservation for the race weekend and apparently I have to have a certain number of posts in the last 6 months
The race weekend? Do you mean the marathon weekend in January?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter