DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to indicate I wanted you to ask her. I was simply saying I was curious, but then again, it's really a moot point what happened, but rather it did. I guess it was more so my natural reaction of "WHAT HAPPENED? I thought he was okay" coming out unintentionally. Again, sorry if I gave any indication I was trying to find out info...not my intent.

I didn't take that way, Doc. I asked that same question kind of out of habit and I haven't heard from her since. It made me think that maybe the first thing I should have said was how can I help, instead of what happen. I will try to school myself to not do that again.

Home from work after a long day. Offered a prayer at noon Mass for CJ and Andrianna. It was nice to read those eloquent posts and good to see some folks return. I find myself struggling that I do not appreciate my family & others like I should. As a testimony to CJ, I'm going to try and live life more in the moment like he did.

I think I may have overwhelmed her a bit. For us, it happen yesterday, for her it happen ten days ago, but the wound is still deep and raw for her. I am going to give her time to respond.

You’re a good man chief.
2 weeks, 6 months. Whatever she needs. One day she will want to hear all of it.

Also agree with this.

This is what scared her off. I asked "if I may know what happen", and haven't heard from her since. Right now, it's about her, her Daddy died. We don't need to know the details, we just need to help her.

Correct. The "why" helps you understand... which may help with healing or closure... but right now, support is more important than understanding.

I just sent her a message. If she responds, I was going to give her my logon details for here so she could read the posts about her dad if and when she feels like it. Would anyone have an issue with that?

Not I. I think it's a good idea. She may not want to look now, (or she may) but when she does, she will see how her dad touched the lives of people who cared for him.

Home from work after a long day. Offered a prayer at noon Mass for CJ and Andrianna. It was nice to read those eloquent posts and good to see some folks return. I find myself struggling that I do not appreciate my family & others like I should. As a testimony to CJ, I'm going to try and live life more in the moment like he did.
He would be Happy Norm, I think you do a pretty good job but I’m sure we all can do a bit better - have a good weekend.

Evening All.

Been a tough day and a good day. Started the day thinking about Cj, we had a shooting here today with 4 people killed, 2 police officers and 2 civilians. I was able to not spend much time dwelling on any of it as I got called by a friend to help out again today at the girls basketball championship happening here this week. I spent most of the day doing play by play for the 15U division games on the webcast so I didn't have much time to think about any of this.

Now I'm sitting here at home with a glass of scotch to toast our friend and watching the news trying to figure out what the hell happened on a street I drive by everyday.

Evening All.

Been a tough day and a good day. Started the day thinking about Cj, we had a shooting here today with 4 people killed, 2 police officers and 2 civilians. I was able to not spend much time dwelling on any of it as I got called by a friend to help out again today at the girls basketball championship happening here this week. I spent most of the day doing play by play for the 15U division games on the webcast so I didn't have much time to think about any of this.

Now I'm sitting here at home with a glass of scotch to toast our friend and watching the news trying to figure out what the hell happened on a street I drive by everyday.
Heard about the shooting of course. TO I can almost understand. But Fredericton????

Been... not the best few days.

Morning boys from a Sunny London.

Not sure if she needs a login as I think this is a public forum?
I heard back from Andriana overnight my time, where she came back just to say thanks. I've given her the link for here, and told her there is some lovely stuff about CJ and her. I also told her she could see for herself how much he was excited and proud of her.

we had a shooting here today with 4 people killed, 2 police officers and 2 civilians.
All the best mate, hope life gets back to normal asap. Thoughts to those affected.

Heard about the shooting of course. TO I can almost understand.
I need to work on my Geography. I actually looked on Google after thinking "Jesus wept, what's Terrell Owens done now?"
(one of us had to stick a joke in)

Have a good Saturday fellas.

What are you doing up this early on a Saturday?

I heard back from Andriana overnight my time, where she came back just to say thanks. I've given her the link for here, and told her there is some lovely stuff about CJ and her. I also told her she could see for herself how much he was excited and proud of her.

Good to hear. I hope she finds some comfort reading the comments that have been posted here.

I need to work on my Geography. I actually looked on Google after thinking "Jesus wept, what's Terrell Owens done now?"
(one of us had to stick a joke in)

Oy. :sad2:

:laughing:

Every day is a Saturday mate, I’m never in bed after 6am. You still on the early shifts or are just up incredibly late?

Sleep after 6am will come again... later.
Working the night shift tonight (and tomorrow)
Another three and a half hours to go.

In terms of full disclosure, I may not have checked google, but I thought for a minute TO was up to his old tricks again. It was early.

I get "It was early".

Never let me do your job. It would be carnage.

I've sent off an email to recruitment.

Thank you, Dan!

Morning all. Oldest on her way to work. I'm enjoying the coffee and quiet and the smell from rain last night.

Just now saw that post on FB. Scary stuff. In Louisville where I'm from, it is close to a million now, but we had a news report of at least one murder a night. Now, in my town of 70K, we get a murder once a year.

Glad you connected. I felt like I knew Andrianna from everything CJ said about her, but we never met up at a ddcc or anything.

Top of the Mornin Dads! Just enjoying a cup of coffee and waiting for DS to get up this morning. We have some floating shelves to put up in his room which will be the last part of redoing his room this summer. Then we are looking at video games, Cubs game, grilling steaks on the grill and maybe a cigar with a bourbon or two. Have a good weekend gents!

Evening All.

That shooting is scary stuff. Hope your weekend gets better. How is Declan’s ankle doing?

Have a good Saturday fellas.
Thanks for reaching out to her Dan and you have a great weekend, any Looney Tunes with the kids today?
Morning all. Oldest on her way to work. I'm enjoying the coffee and quiet and the smell from rain last night.
Doin a bit of the same here. What kind of job did DD get?

Thanks for reaching out to her Dan and you have a great weekend, any Looney Tunes with the kids today?
No mate, we’ve dropped em off at the in laws for a few days, as they are in summer vacation. We’ve got a brunch in a place called the Ned tomorrow, which is a hotel converted from a 18th century Banking hall in the City, so that could be a bit messy.

Top of the Mornin Dads! Just enjoying a cup of coffee and waiting for DS to get up this morning. We have some floating shelves to put up in his room which will be the last part of redoing his room this summer. Then we are looking at video games, Cubs game, grilling steaks on the grill and maybe a cigar with a bourbon or two. Have a good weekend gents!

That shooting is scary stuff. Hope your weekend gets better. How is Declan’s ankle doing?

Today will be a better day.

His ankle is doing better, he's will be starting some physio on Monday. He coached at a basketball camp for the last four days but wasn't able to do much more than limp around.

Bathroom flooring to be replaced here this weekend. I wasn't sure if it was going to be this weekend but yesterday while working at the basketball tournament I received a text from DW that contained a picture that said "This is what happens when you don't come home." She had decided to tear up all the old flooring.

No mate, we’ve dropped em off at the in laws for a few days, as they are in summer vacation. We’ve got a brunch in a place called the Ned tomorrow, which is a hotel converted from a 18th century Banking hall in the City, so that could be a bit messy.

Is this how you get to go to the West Ham match next weekend? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter