DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hello from the frozen East coast! Only a foot of snow on the ground this morning. Not a lot compared to the North, but this will shut down Virginia Beach for at least a few days.
wjldbxd3VHdsn2NeDCzEdnX-70k6jga313FAJRj8KVl4bvalE6ZHUsg256uoVAjt4RCwC2dqT76WF7IVCAzS=w1600-h720-rw

Can someone point me to info about the DISDads meet? I've done some searching and can't seem to find anything for this year. Is there a meet?

Can someone point me to info about the DISDads meet? I've done some searching and can't seem to find anything for this year. Is there a meet?
Yes. First meet is tonight (well more like afternnoon) at Bier Garten.
I think the main ones are tomorrow and Saturday.

It's on FB (and I don't do FB), so Randall texted me the information. I can post it here or PM you...your call.

Morning Guys,

calm before the storm here. Hoping that we don't lose power later today but we have stuff ready just in case. I see the first bar night at DDC was a success.

Have a good one all.

Yes. First meet is tonight (well more like afternnoon) at Bier Garten.
I think the main ones are tomorrow and Saturday.

It's on FB (and I don't do FB), so Randall texted me the information. I can post it here or PM you...your call.
That explains it! I haven't been on the FB group in a long while. Maybe post the schedule here for other dads to reference?

That explains it! I haven't been on the FB group in a long while. Maybe post the schedule here for other dads to reference?
It's a screenshot Randall sent me via text, so any mistakes are due to transcription error ;)

Today 4:35 Bier Garten
Tomorrow 3 pm, Saratoga Springs Resort BBQ
Sat 4pm Ohana dinner
Sun 8:20am Boma breakfast
Mon 8am Kona breakfast

It's a screenshot Randall sent me via text, so any mistakes are due to transcription error ;)

Today 4:35 Bier Garten
Tomorrow 3 pm, Saratoga Springs Resort BBQ
Sat 4pm Ohana dinner
Sun 8:20am Boma breakfast
Mon 8am Kona breakfast
Many thanks! Hope it's not too cold down there.

Well, you can do the keto diet like I am, BUT....

Sounds intriguing. What's it about?

You'd have to give up pizza (well at least the crust) and beer.

Welp. I'm out.

But I am at Disney so all is good.

Rules of life. Have fun and say hi to everyone!

Hello from the frozen East coast! Only a foot of snow on the ground this morning. Not a lot compared to the North, but this will shut down Virginia Beach for at least a few days.

I'm stuck in the office for the duration of the storm. Slept in my cubicle last night. Now my back hurts.

It's not the snow that really bothers us, but the wind is a killer. Wreaks havoc with traffic signals.

Sounds intriguing. What's it about?

Welp. I'm out.

Rules of life. Have fun and say hi to everyone!

I'm stuck in the office for the duration of the storm. Slept in my cubicle last night. Now my back hurts.

It's not the snow that really bothers us, but the wind is a killer. Wreaks havoc with traffic signals.

Man, saw the FB post of your sleeping arrangements... sorry! You need one of those blow-up mattresses! lol
Thanks for keeping the city a little safer!

calm before the storm here. Hoping that we don't lose power later today but we have stuff ready just in case.
Same here. Thanks for the reminder on having stuff ready in case the power goes. I should have everything I need for the propane stove and some candles, not sure how many batteries for the flashlights though.

Yeah, I saw your home-away-from-home resort on FB. Not fun. Hope it ends for you soon.
On the bright side, at least your cubicle is long enough to sleep in. Mine is just a step up from a broom closet. But I do have a window so that's something.

Hope you keep some good stuff in your desk drawer.

Stay safe.

Are you saying you can't swim because of the knee or can't swim period?
You could swim without pushing off if it's the former.

I did the Atkins as well and the issue I had there is I felt like I was depriving myself because it was so restrictive. Same thing...when I stopped Atkins, I gained the weight back (eventually). The thing that's different to me for keto is I don't feel like I'm depriving myself. Because it includes oils and oils (well oils and sugar) are what makes many things taste good, the food is good and not like I'm restricting/depriving myself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to convince you in any way, just saying why it's different/working for me.

I even made some home-made chocolate the other day for a treat. Unsweetened chocolate, raspberry extract, coconut oil, and swerve (mix of stevia and erithrotol if I recall) almost no carbs and satisfied the sweet tooth. I could also add nuts to it (one of the other things I like about keto...I LOVE nuts and I can have many different types). The walmart market near us closed and I got a bunch of extracts for 50% off, so I can do orange, caramel, strawberry, coconut, etc..

I can swim. I just can't kick. I guess i could swim without kicking.

Ever thought about driving to Nashville and flying out of here? Lots of flight choices.

:rotfl:

Thought about it. Flights are higher, parking, and 2 hour drive. But, if we needed it, then that's what we would do.

wjldbxd3VHdsn2NeDCzEdnX-70k6jga313FAJRj8KVl4bvalE6ZHUsg256uoVAjt4RCwC2dqT76WF7IVCAzS=w1600-h720-rw

Saw those pictures on FB. Keep warm and safe. Cold here, but no snow.

Saw that on FB as well. Way to take one for the team there, boss.

Sorry to hear that Mark. As Jesus would say, that stinketh.

Hope it passes quickly so you can get home. Hope msknowitall and kids are doing well. I'm guessing by now, Sarah is pretty much 100% again?

Yeah, I saw your home-away-from-home resort on FB. Not fun. Hope it ends for you soon.
On the bright side, at least your cubicle is long enough to sleep in. Mine is just a step up from a broom closet. But I do have a window so that's something.

Windows are very underrated. It's hard when you're in the office and have no idea if the sun is shining.

Anyway, right now I'm just wishing I had remembered to bring the mattress pad with the sleeping bag.

Hope you keep some good stuff in your desk drawer.

Stay safe.

Thanks, Darcy. I do have a bag of pretzels here.

Saw that on FB as well. Way to take one for the team there, boss.

Thanks, Norm. It's no problem. As long as they keep paying me, I'll keep showing up.

Sorry to hear that Mark. As Jesus would say, that stinketh.

Hope it passes quickly so you can get home. Hope msknowitall and kids are doing well. I'm guessing by now, Sarah is pretty much 100% again?

:rotfl2:

Family is doing great. They're spending the day de-Christmasifying the house. Sarah has some back spasms every once in a while but for the most part is good. Let's say 95%. Which is better than my typical day.

Hey guys. Update - we pulled in here after midnight as they were taking down the Christmas decorations. Neither of us could sleep until around 4 so we are bagging the morning plans and crashing here for now. Of course I can't sleep so I am up. But I am at Disney so all is good.
Enjoy mate. Have a blast storming the castle.

Morning, all.
Another day in paradise.

Unfortunately, I'm not in paradise, but it is another day, so.... win?

'Morning all...
Work is always ridiculous this time of year for me but I thought id at least check in over here.
Hope all are doing fairly well and as for the folks that get to go down for the DDCC...
Enjoy yourselves
(and I hate every one of ya' ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter