DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

How about starting at Kona for some cheeky breakfast, swanning over to EPCOT, at lets say 11 ish to hit either Test Track or Soarin and then start your tour of the World Showcase in Mexico. A cheeky couple in Cava, Beer in Norway with a ride on Malestrom, Tipsy ducks in China, a Beer in Germany (with a cheeky Bratwurst placeholder, just to keep you ticking over), a nice glass of Red in Tutto Gusto, A beer out of the kiosk on the right on the American Adventure, maybe a little nap in there whilst the show goes on. Sake in Japan, possibly a Tokyo Sunset. It should be now about 5ish, so the Mixed Schwarma Pate from Morocco (there's your Chicken Dinner Winner), then a Grey Goose Slushie from France, Ice Cream at Beaches and Cream as you dip out of the International Gateway, back in for a Guinness or an Innis and Gun, a La Fin du Monde at Canada. Should be about 9, so Illuminations, and then back to the Poly for a Rosita Margarita to bring you literally in a full circle back to Tequila. Maybe with some pulled pork tacos. And a dole whip out of Lanai.

See Scott - day drink.

How about starting at Kona for some cheeky breakfast, swanning over to EPCOT, at lets say 11 ish to hit either Test Track or Soarin and then start your tour of the World Showcase in Mexico. A cheeky couple in Cava, Beer in Norway with a ride on Malestrom, Tipsy ducks in China, a Beer in Germany (with a cheeky Bratwurst placeholder, just to keep you ticking over), a nice glass of Red in Tutto Gusto, A beer out of the kiosk on the right on the American Adventure, maybe a little nap in there whilst the show goes on. Sake in Japan, possibly a Tokyo Sunset. It should be now about 5ish, so the Mixed Schwarma Pate from Morocco (there's your Chicken Dinner Winner), then a Grey Goose Slushie from France, Ice Cream at Beaches and Cream as you dip out of the International Gateway, back in for a Guinness or an Innis and Gun, a La Fin du Monde at Canada. Should be about 9, so Illuminations, and then back to the Poly for a Rosita Margarita to bring you literally in a full circle back to Tequila. Maybe with some pulled pork tacos. And a dole whip out of Lanai.

This Sir, is BRILLIANT

See Scott - day drink.

See Darcy - ok........but that's if you start at Mexico and go left to right.....some start in Canada first (I don't know why they'd wanna start in Canada but they like it I guess)

Yep. Is he not gonna be my buddy anymore? To be fair though, there's sod all else to order in the Chinese Pavilion.

To be fair - you only started on the Mexico side to finish up on the International Gateway side to duck out and get some ice cream at Beaches and Cream. Only because this was your strategy does it make the Tipsy ducks a day drink. Totally respectable and definitely buddy worthy. :thumbsup2

Top O the Mornin Dads! Nice to see a little discussion tied to DaWorld to take our minds off of all that is going on these days for at least a few minutes. Thanks to Scott and Darcy for making us all smile or laugh. With that said and since there isn't anything new around here of interest, what is everyone's top 3 Disney resorts in order. Feel free to explain your reasons so that those of us that disagree will have some basis to give you a hard time 8-)

For the record, my RD is AK as I like to get in safari first thing, work FP for the main attractions and this provides the ability to rope drop Dawa Bar. Night park would be MK with the evening fireworks and Main Street lit at night is a great way to end the day.

Gosh. That thinkin on RD and evening park hours sounded really familiar.

As for resorts, stayed in all DVC resorts except VGF and new Riviera. My 3 Favorite resorts at WDW.
(1) BWV - We bought at the Boardwalk because of its great location - walk to 2 parks, and WS drinking around the world. It also features a great feature pool/ water slide, community hall, tennis courts, and Bellevue Lounge. By extension, ESPN Club has pitchers of beer and doesn't need ADRs. And, it's points cheap, which is why we own there. Buy at the DVC resort if you could only stay in 1 every time.

(2) BLT - When I first saw Disney, I wanted to stay at the Contemporary Resort. Since I can't afford that, I can stay at BLT and walk right over. The location is dynamite, and best resort view of Wishes (or new name). The rooms are small, but designed to be space efficient. I really like the modern design of the rooms and resort, great pool, and then access to all the CR amenities as well. Then, there is TOTWL - which is an amazing view.

(3) OKW - Old Key West was the original DVC resort, and the third on my list. Also points cheap, the rooms are the biggest on property. It has great pools, and if I couldn't be near Hospitality House, then Turtle Creek area is my next choice. A great quiet pool. It is also points cheap, and there's a boat ride to Disney Springs.

I'm going to try VGF for a wedding anniversary with DW one year, maybe our 25th. These are my 3 go to resorts at WDW.

Hey gents, been busy in here the last couple days.

I just started a week off (at least, we'll see how the price of oil goes, I might get a lot more time off).
What a crazy week.
Cuts in my industry are getting deeper. I have had several co-worker friends lose their jobs in the last 2 weeks. I am still surviving. I don't know for how long. My immediate manager has said he *thinks* I will be OK, but decisions are being made well above his pay grade and anything can happen.
I'm just taking it day by day and trying to keep a positive outlook.

Yesterday my family went to deliver "essentials" to my in-laws who live in a more rural area. Strange that toilet paper and Lysol wipes are now essentials.
It was a nice day and we got to enjoy some scenery. I do like how the spring run off adds to the waterfalls.

Terrible killing spree yesterday in our neighboring province
Very sad this week. I need to remember to wear red tomorrow.

today the price of oil is dropping like a rock.
Don't remind me. Dropping about as fast as my job security.

I wonder if there is a blowing joke here....
There's always a blowing joke there.

Sweet but good.
#TWSS

Resort discussion - I have only been to four and not one was a deluxe, so I don't have much to add. Of the ones I stayed at, I liked Art of Animation best (in the suites), closely followed by Port Orleans Riverside.
If I can say the top three I would like to stay at, it would be Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, AKL

Good morning O Captains, My Captains. UK is a sunny and warm place to be, so we are creating Alice's "Off with your head" Cornish Bistro, as this is where the Lady K is from. So, Cornish Pasties and Scones with Clotted Cream and Jam it is, in what is the last week of eating around the world.

We are talking around either moving it into letting the kids pick some countries, or recreating our favourite Disney restaurants.

I will patiently await Mikey's new WDW question.

Hey Jeff. What Darcy said. All the best my friend.

Have a great Friday chaps.

I just started a week off (at least, we'll see how the price of oil goes, I might get a lot more time off).
What a crazy week.
Cuts in my industry are getting deeper. I have had several co-worker friends lose their jobs in the last 2 weeks. I am still surviving. I don't know for how long. My immediate manager has said he *thinks* I will be OK, but decisions are being made well above his pay grade and anything can happen.

I was definitely thinking about you when I saw the price oil dropping. Hope you can hang in there through all the craziness.

Nice shot!

If I can say the top three I would like to stay at, it would be Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, AKL

You, sir, have excellent taste.

Good morning O Captains, My Captains.

You rang?

We are talking around either moving it into letting the kids pick some countries, or recreating our favourite Disney restaurants.

Lichtenstein? All the countries in the world, and you pick Lichtenstein??

Morning All,

Beautiful morning here in NB. Still a bit cool but still good for a run later.

Finishing up our weekly Covid-19 newsletter today and maybe try my hand at baking some cinnamon buns.

DS just finished his last exam so university year one is complete and he plans to celebrate by working all weekend at Pizza Hut. Living on the edge in these crazy times.

Dan, no Cornish hens on the menu?

Morning, folks.
Not sure what's on the agenda today. Probably raking the lawn.

My 3 fave resorts.
#1 - WL. Just a gorgeous resort and a boat to MK? Yes please.
#2 - OKW. Liked the vibe. But wouldn't want to be miles from Hospitality House.
#3 - POR. Really enjoyed it there.

I didn't pick AKL, because it's just too far from everything and transportation time matters to me.
I've never really spent any time at Poly, so couldn't include it, and the same goes for the Boardwalk resorts.
And this, my friends, is how the British ran an empire that took about 30% of the planet. Rock up, get the locals arguing with each other and quietly pillage. Ah, it's nice to exercise the old colonial muscles now and then :cool2:.
:laughing:
It's definitely better than eating a bacon sandwich while watching Babe, which is about all we can do at the minute bud ;)
I dunno… pretty good movie and mmmmmm…. bacon.
We stayed at Aof A, and walked over the bridge. Which one is that? The food court really wasn't that bad.
POP
Glad to hear you've still got a job. Hope you can hang on until this weird time is over.
Nice!
Lichtenstein? All the countries in the world, and you pick Lichtenstein??
After all that eating, they wanted a small meal.

Last edited:
#3 - POR. Really enjoyed it there.

I didn't pick AKL, because it's just too far from everything and transportation time matters to me.
I've never really spent any time at POR, so couldn't include it, and the same goes for the Boardwalk resorts.

Huh????

#3 is POR, you really enjoyed it there, but "I've never really spent any time at POR, so couldn't include it"

:faint:

No mate, that would be nice, but there's a couple of Doom Bars with my name on them. Which IMHO should replace Bass as the Ale in the Rose and Crown. I'm sure that WDW are pretty much taking everything that the UK stopped drinking in the early 80s, as I haven't seen Bass or Harp on a pump in my drinking lifetime.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out.
Last one standing in the Brown Derby Lounge for Pomegranate Whiskey Sours gets to take Belle home. Let me tell ya though. She's a bit freaky. We got caught by Security doing it on the Tower of Terror. The head of security told us that was wrong on so many levels.

Have a great weekend chaps.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out.
Last one standing in the Brown Derby Lounge for Pomegranate Whiskey Sours gets to take Belle home. Let me tell ya though. She's a bit freaky. We got caught by Security doing it on the Tower of Terror. The head of security told us that was wrong on so many levels.

Have a great weekend chaps.

That makes sense.....I heard she goes for those beastly guys.....you beast you!

Afternoon Dads! Alright top 3 WDW list for today is top 3 Bars / Lounges, in the parks only, excluding Dawa Bar in AK.

For those that do not partake in the beverages (and even for those that do if you want to) of these locations your top 3 Counter Service eating spots.

For the record on WDW resorts
  1. BWV - Location, location, location. Also love being on the lake and associated views, plus the vibe and atmosphere of the Boardwalk itself and the pool. Also, location location location
  2. AKL - Home resort - Theming and the Savannah can't be beat. Also like the access to both Kidani and Jambo house restaurants and pools especially on summer stays to have a couple of difference main pools. Not many like that it so far from most of DaWorld but thats also a nice "escape" from the parks.
  3. WL - Themeing & location. Really sorry our June trip is gonna be in the tank as we were gonna stay there for a few nights before our cruise

What a crazy week.
Been thinking about you with all the volatility going on with oil. Thoughts are with you that you come through this mess.
Morning All,

Beautiful morning here in NB. Still a bit cool but still good for a run later.

Finishing up our weekly Covid-19 newsletter today and maybe try my hand at baking some cinnamon buns.

DS just finished his last exam so university year one is complete and he plans to celebrate by working all weekend at Pizza Hut. Living on the edge in these crazy times.

Congrats to Declan on year 1!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter