DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning fellas.

You turn into a mildly amusing female comedian?

Wait… don’t you sleep in every day???
Well, at least he got pretty[er?]

I'm not sure if he never sleeps based on when he's online, but then again, he's always on vacation, so sleeps more than we know.

On the opposite side of the annoying phone call spectrum, our toll free number at our office is the same as a number for the treasury department aside from the fact that we’re 1-800 and they’re 1-844. When unknown area codes show up on caller ID it is almost a guarantee to be someone looking for the treasury. If they’re nice, I’ll be nice and tell them their mistake so they can get it right next time. But sadly, more often than not they’ll instantly get defensive and crappy with me asking why the wrong number is on the treasury website (I don’t know. I don’t work for the treasury. We’ve covered that part already) why the number changed (um… has it? I really don’t know) how long we’ve had the number since it used to be the treasury (ummmm like 40 years I think) They also like to tell me I’m the one who’s wrong because this is the number the banker gave them etc. They called the treasury so how dare I, a non treasury employee, answer? Honestly it wears me out and I don’t have time for their crap so I usually just hang up on those people unless I’m just in a mood to “humor” them. I’ve had to cut some people off because even though we answer the phone making it very clear this is a private business, some people start spouting off their personal information immediately and you’ve got to cut them off to stop them. Really makes you understand how easy it is for these scammers to pull a fast one on some targets.

Last edited:
On the opposite side of the annoying phone call spectrum, our toll free number at our office is the same as a number for the treasury department aside from the fact that we’re 1-800 and they’re 1-844. When unknown area codes show up on caller ID it is almost a guarantee to be someone looking for the treasury. If they’re nice, I’ll be nice and tell them their mistake so they can get it right next time. But sadly, more often than not they’ll instantly get defensive and crappy with me asking why the wrong number is on the treasury website (I don’t know. I don’t work for the treasury. We’ve covered that part already) why the number changed (um… has it? I really don’t know) how long we’ve had the number since it used to be the treasury (ummmm like 40 years I think) They also like to tell me I’m the one who’s wrong because this is the number the banker gave them etc. They called the treasury so how dare I, a non treasury employee, answer? Honestly it wears me out and I don’t have time for their crap so I usually just hang up on those people unless I’m just in a mood to “humor” them. I’ve had to cut some people off because even though we answer the phone making it very clear this is a private business, some people start spouting off their personal information immediately and you’ve got to cut them off to stop them. Really makes you understand how easy it is for these scanners to pull a fast one on some targets.
Holy crap. If you wanted, you could really ruin some people's day.
So you're saying Randall is prettier

?????
But of course. How could you even ask that? Isn't it obvious???

Morning guys, just enjoying my week off. Finally got all the boxes of Christmas decorations put away. It’s like a game of Tetris trying to fit them all back in the storage room.
Weather around here has been a roller coaster. Cold, then two days of rain, then back to cold and snow squalls. No major accumulation at least. Some people around here are complaining that it rained and took the snow away so they can’t go snowmobiling. I’m not one of them.
I finally gave up when "Bank Security" called.
Pretty ridiculous really, but I've heard they (scammers) like to call early in the morning, hoping to get you when you're groggy and not making the best decisions.
I’ve found that lately. Most calls come early in the morning. And they seem to be getting worse, like more frequent. I just hang up instantly. I despise those calls so much I can’t even attempt to enjoy any antics.

Morning Men, welcome to week 3.

Morning guys, just enjoying my week off. Finally got all the boxes of Christmas decorations put away. It’s like a game of Tetris trying to fit them all back in the storage room.

I did that last weekend. I was pretty happy that I was able to increase my Tetris high score in getting more into the storage space under the stairs.

Last edited:
You always sleep in.
Well...
Maybe not during the annual DDCC shenanigans, but still...

On the opposite side of the annoying phone call spectrum, our toll free number at our office is the same as a number for the treasury department aside from the fact that we’re 1-800 and they’re 1-844. When unknown area codes show up on caller ID it is almost a guarantee to be someone looking for the treasury. If they’re nice, I’ll be nice and tell them their mistake so they can get it right next time. But sadly, more often than not they’ll instantly get defensive and crappy with me asking why the wrong number is on the treasury website (I don’t know. I don’t work for the treasury. We’ve covered that part already) why the number changed (um… has it? I really don’t know) how long we’ve had the number since it used to be the treasury (ummmm like 40 years I think) They also like to tell me I’m the one who’s wrong because this is the number the banker gave them etc. They called the treasury so how dare I, a non treasury employee, answer? Honestly it wears me out and I don’t have time for their crap so I usually just hang up on those people unless I’m just in a mood to “humor” them. I’ve had to cut some people off because even though we answer the phone making it very clear this is a private business, some people start spouting off their personal information immediately and you’ve got to cut them off to stop them. Really makes you understand how easy it is for these scammers to pull a fast one on some targets.
Folks know that they themselves are incapable of making a mistake, so obviously it's you that wrong.

Use to have a similar situation at work. My number ended in 1600. One of the local pharmacies' number ended in 6100. It was pretty obvious from the way I answered the phone that they had the wrong number, but nine times out of ten they'd still ask for the the pharmacist. I'd politely tell them that the inadvertently reversed the "1" and "6" when they were dialing and just needed to go try it again. The interesting thing there was that they'd say something like "Oh, ok...", but you could plainly hear in their voice that there was this question in their minds that was asking "just how on Earth did he know what I did?"

Bloody damned ice storm...
Like I really needed an additional repair bill.

View attachment 639809
Ouch. The trees don't look too bad though so it doesn't look like the ice was thick compared to what some regions are reporting. We lost power for a few hours last night from wet, heavy snow and if the winds come up it will go out again. I'm in the office getting things done since it is officially a holiday. The older I get the more I like working when nobody is around.

I’ve found that lately. Most calls come early in the morning. And they seem to be getting worse, like more frequent. I just hang up instantly. I despise those calls so much I can’t even attempt to enjoy any antics.
I hear you. I have to be in a very particular mood to play with them. Early morning is not that time.
Weather around here has been a roller coaster. Cold, then two days of rain, then back to cold and snow squalls.
Yuck. Sounds not fun.
Bloody damned ice storm...
Like I really needed an additional repair bill.
Oh, man. Sorry to hear that.
Folks know that they themselves are incapable of making a mistake, so obviously it's you that wrong.
:rolleyes1
The interesting thing there was that they'd say something like "Oh, ok...", but you could plainly hear in their voice that there was this question in their minds that was asking "just how on Earth did he know what I did?"
:laughing:
We lost power for a few hours last night from wet, heavy snow and if the winds come up it will go out again.
Hope the power stays on. Hard to surf when the wifi's out.
The older I get the more I like working when nobody is around.
YES!

And stay off my lawn.

Morning from a blustery Cape Cod. Had a weather front blow through this weekend which brought some good winds. Speaking of weekends, I seem to get wrapped up in whatever I'm doing and forget to stop by. I went to the theater and took headshots of the case, wasn't my best, but they'll do. I then spend rest of Sunday and Monday editing them, hope they print out ok. I'll be putting them in a Google Drive folder for the producer to access and print. Otherwise it was a good weekend.

Yeesh. Definitely can't be too careful in that case.

Exactly. We didn't want to take any chances.

I think pkondz had it right at 60 seconds. Meetings: because none of us is as unproductive as all of us.

:thumbsup2

Morning Gents,

Forecast says we will get a bit of a storm starting later today so it's off to the important stores to stock up. I was left with a list that includes vodka, hard cider, clamato, beer and stuff to make chicken nachos.

Have a good one all.

Sounds like a good list of items to stock up on.

Ah... that makes perfect sense. I wasn't exactly sure what kind of situation you were in that warranted security.

Yeah, it was definitely a situation that needed it, and the first time I've ever been in a situation that needed security.

DS had game 3 of the school basketball season last night. To give some context we are a 1A (small school). These last 2 games were against 3A schools. In Indiana for basketball 4A is the biggest. So that gives some perspective. The first game was total crap and was a winnable game against another 1A school. So what I'm saying is butt kickings the last 2 nights aren't really much of a surprise regardless.

Anyway, last night they played and it was a lot better. You couldn't tell it by the scoreboard, but again, there was more rotation, more players got to play. And most surprisingly, we got to see someone else run the point!! I was actually surprised as we got to see 2 kids that normally play forward do it and one of them did a really good job. Hopefully they can build on the momentum of starting to do some of the small things right as they get back into a part of the schedule where they have some games that they have a chance to compete in and win.

And I know I've been picking on the kid that has been playing PG the whole time until last night, but the kid really is a turd and has an attitude. The thing that finally got him on the bench last night was an intentional foul for shoving a kid in the chest. It was great to see some other kids take advantage of the opportunity and really step up!

Good to hear that things are getting better with the team.

How does this differ from adults getting their shots?

:rolleyes1

Not much, really, except the adults don't get stickers with Disney characters on them after the shots.

Why? Scheduling or a holiday?

Yes, I decided to schedule a holiday for Monday. I have that power, you know. :teeth:

Good luck. Have a theme? Or just trying poses?
Post here? Or FB?

Unfortunately it didn't happen. The young lady I was going to work with had been around someone who tested positive for COVID, and she started to not feel good, so we canceled. But otherwise, no theme, just trying some poses, and practicing.

Yep. He's the kind of guy that Disney wouldn't want in their parks.

As I get older, it gets harder and harder... and harder.

It's been said already, but TWSS, or did she? :laughing:

It was worth a shot, right?

I was right to doubt. After an hour of tossing and turning, I finally gave up when "Bank Security" called.
Pretty ridiculous really, but I've heard they (scammers) like to call early in the morning, hoping to get you when you're groggy and not making the best decisions. Ha! Suckers. I've been up for an hour and a half already.

I had the "Treasury Dept." call once telling me I owed them back taxes. I said, "Mhmmm, sure. I owe "back taxes." After going back and forth, and him threatening to sue to, I had to tell him that if he was going to scam people he was doing it wrong. It's the IRS that collects taxes, and they wouldn't call and threaten to sue me, they'd sent a letter. And if he really wanted to sue to me he could because I work (at that time) for a major international law firm and know how the process worked. So, if you're going to sue, go ahead. He hung up after that.

The DDs really enjoyed it when I was a senile immigrant who "fought in the war".

Morning all.

Bit of a blustery day yesterday, made the roads a bit icy so today is the storm day for DW. I'm just waiting for all the heads to explode because most people think the schools are in an online learning mode right now. Most people don't realize that all the staff must go to the schools to work as well as a number of students who are in need of special assistance, have no infrastructure at home for online learning or if the teachers thought it would be best for them to be in class. It has created a ton of additional work for schools staff as they are also required to create take-home work packages for those who work for home but have no or poor Internet. Of course, there is no requirement for the students to actually complete this work.

Have a good one all.

Morning, folks.
Long day already and getting longer. Spent an hour shoveling the driveway before work and just got informed that I'm staying late because another guy can't make it in for his evening shift. (Don't blame him. He lives out of town and has about 300' of driveway.)
We've had about 6" of snow so far with 50mph winds forecast to start later today.

I went to the theater and took headshots of the case, wasn't my best, but they'll do.
"case"?
Did I miss what or who you're shooting?
I assume head shot implies person.
And they're not as easy as people think. I took a (online) course on headshots and to get good ones, you need at least 4 lights.
Not much, really, except the adults don't get stickers with Disney characters on them after the shots.
This is patently unfair.
Yes, I decided to schedule a holiday for Monday. I have that power, you know. :teeth:
Sure, go ahead and laugh, wise guy. I had no idea that MLK day was on Monday. Up here, after New Year's Day, our next major holiday is Good Friday (Apr 15 this year.)
There is also a Provincial holiday on Feb 21, but it varies from Province to Province and doesn't affect me (or DW) at all. (But does affect DD as she's a teacher and the schools close.)
Unfortunately it didn't happen. The young lady I was going to work with had been around someone who tested positive for COVID, and she started to not feel good, so we canceled. But otherwise, no theme, just trying some poses, and practicing.
That's too bad. Was looking forward to seeing your work, there.
I forget if I asked. I pay my models (although haven't done any model shoots in a few years), do you? Or... ?
I had the "Treasury Dept." call once telling me I owed them back taxes. I said, "Mhmmm, sure. I owe "back taxes." After going back and forth, and him threatening to sue to, I had to tell him that if he was going to scam people he was doing it wrong. It's the IRS that collects taxes, and they wouldn't call and threaten to sue me, they'd sent a letter. And if he really wanted to sue to me he could because I work (at that time) for a major international law firm and know how the process worked. So, if you're going to sue, go ahead. He hung up after that.
But don't go teaching them how to be better scam artists! :lmao:
Bit of a blustery day yesterday, made the roads a bit icy so today is the storm day for DW.
We're getting the snow/blustery today. Looking forward to the drive home tonight. Not.
I'm just waiting for all the heads to explode because most people think the schools are in an online learning mode right now. Most people don't realize that all the staff must go to the schools to work as well as a number of students who are in need of special assistance, have no infrastructure at home for online learning or if the teachers thought it would be best for them to be in class.
Yeah... DD is back at school (started Monday), but... she's been working a lot more for the reasons you describe.
It has created a ton of additional work for schools staff as they are also required to create take-home work packages for those who work for home but have no or poor Internet. Of course, there is no requirement for the students to actually complete this work.
Yeah.... :sad2:

Evening chaps, just driving by, meep meep, hope all is well in disdadland. Double dole whips for everyone. They are on Ponzie. Not entirely sure why, but then again, why not?
That @pkondz guy. He's a nice guy. I don't care what any of you say when he's not here...which is most of the time cause he's working extra shifts again. And again. And again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter