DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Fellas! Hope this finds everyone well. I woke up this morning to the big news out of Disney! There's a new/old CEO!!!! Cheapek is GONE!!!! So excited to hear this. Bob Iger is back, which I guess is good, I don't follow CEO's, but I don't think he did such a bad job....so I'm on a wait and see.

All's well on my end. The Sound of Music opens officially tomorrow but we have a soft opening tonight where we have an invited audience. I don't believe the audience members will be donors. I think they'll be elderly groups, but we'll see.

Great news!

:thumbsup2

Cool! They must have heard you are in the show.

That's gotta be it because there's no other reason.

I'd pay to watch CCT in an a Nun's outfit.....

You would? :scratchin

Hummm...
The Sound of Drag Music.

That could be entertaining (certainly would be right interesting)

That certainly would be interesting. :laughing:

The Sound of Rocky Horror Picture Music.

:rotfl2:

That would qualify.

And if you ignore the vocals...
The band in the background is absolutely rockin'.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Always in January when I'm not allowed to travel...
I'll just have to get drunk in my own living room every night that week in all y'all's honor.
That's the spirit! (or 2 or 3)

I woke up this morning to the big news out of Disney! There's a new/old CEO!!!! Cheapek is GONE!!!! So excited to hear this. Bob Iger is back, which I guess is good, I don't follow CEO's, but I don't think he did such a bad job....so I'm on a wait and see.
I think Iger is happy to take your money as well, he just does it in a way that doesn't make you as angry. I do think he cares more about the Disney history and legacy, but I doubt things will get much cheaper.

That said, Bobby Paychecks seemed pretty lousy. He didn't seem to care about customer service at all. Just show me the money! Don't let the door hit ya.

I think Iger is happy to take your money as well, he just does it in a way that doesn't make you as angry. I do think he cares more about the Disney history and legacy, but I doubt things will get much cheaper.

That said, Bobby Paychecks seemed pretty lousy. He didn't seem to care about customer service at all. Just show me the money! Don't let the door hit ya.

Oh don’t get me wrong. I understand that Iger needs to make money for the company, hoping that he can make some changes in the short term. Not having been down in 20 years I can’t say what those changes will be, except maybe getting rid of the reservation system, but hoping something changes.

hey hey heyI dont remember all these adds. Or is it just them trying to get me to catch up on all time away
:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Nemmie! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #187!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

I'm going to be very busy the next few days so I want to do an an early Thanksgiving Day drive by to wish you all a great day...even our northern neighbors who had to rush the holiday. Probably had to get it in early to get all the extra "u's" in somewhere.

We have lots to be thankful for, even if it as Izaak Walton said, "Every misery missed is new blessing".

Flood recovery here is progressing. Unfortunately one person is still missing and many are unable to return home yet and are living with friends, family or in campers..

Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well. Well, the soft opening of The Sound of Music went off without a hitch! The audience was a mix of family and friends of the cast members as well as some donors, but it was filled mainly with a large group of intellectually challenged people. The audience reacted well to the show and was really into it. Tonight is the actual opening of the show, so after the show I'm going to have to schmooze with the donors, drink champagne and eat hors-d'oeuvres. :teeth: Well, gotta run. Have a good day, everyone.

TTFN

hey hey heyI dont remember all these adds. Or is it just them trying to get me to catch up on all time away

Its punishment for you being away. So.....that'll teach you. :teeth: Welcome back!

I'm going to be very busy the next few days so I want to do an an early Thanksgiving Day drive by to wish you all a great day...even our northern neighbors who had to rush the holiday. Probably had to get it in early to get all the extra "u's" in somewhere.

We have lots to be thankful for, even if it as Izaak Walton said, "Every misery missed is new blessing".

Happy Thanksgiving!

Flood recovery here is progressing. Unfortunately one person is still missing and many are unable to return home yet and are living with friends, family or in campers..

Prayers for everyone.

Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well. Well, the soft opening of The Sound of Music went off without a hitch! The audience was a mix of family and friends of the cast members as well as some donors, but it was filled mainly with a large group of intellectually challenged people. The audience reacted well to the show and was really into it. Tonight is the actual opening of the show, so after the show I'm going to have to schmooze with the donors, drink champagne and eat hors-d'oeuvres. :teeth: Well, gotta run. Have a good day, everyone.

Break a leg!

Welcome back! Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you sir! No BBQ, but we're picking up my daughter in Philly, stopping at a brewpub for dinner, and then going to NYC for a Broadway show (Aladdin) tomorrow. Should be a good time.
Sounds (and looked, on facebook) like a pretty good evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter