DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Whining mostly...

It isn't "less nice", it's just arranged differently.
For example, the various lounges are spread out around the ship, rather then concentrated in a single area like the other four. Why that bothers some folk leaves me just a mite clueless, but that's the kind of nonsense that most of the fussing seems to be about.

The buttons on the elevators are a bit weird, but you'll get use to them. Just don't lean up against the switch panel or you'll be stopping at every deck.

Now, if you are a diehard jogger, then you'll be unhappy that there isn't one deck specifically designed where you can keep going 'round-n-'round in an uninterrupted circle (not being a jogger, and not wanting to waste time on such self-inflicted suffering, I don't see this as a problem).
I don't think I will spend a ton of time in the lounges anyway (I've seen the drink prices and not sure its in the budget LOL)

And jogging wont be an issue, I haven't run since the elder Bush was president.

It did, and you didn't even wave at me. For shame.
My apologies Comrade...

I missed the Politburo Memorandum noting that you'd be driving The People's Balloon that day.
I'll wave at the the next one that flies over just in case.

I don't think I will spend a ton of time in the lounges anyway (I've seen the drink prices and not sure its in the budget LOL)

And jogging wont be an issue, I haven't run since the elder Bush was president.
Well then y'all should be good to go.

The Drink of the Day is usually somewhat affordable.
The rest of 'em, are offered at "Disney Prices" to be sure, but for me at least they were worth the expense.
But then again, I specifically set cash aside for the purpose, as I intended to imbibe copiously while on board. That that I did.

Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well on this Monday morning. I know I've been MIA lately, but been working on finishing up the editing of the pictures I took for a local school's production of Godspell. I also had a sick kid this weekend. Poor thing had to lay on the couch all weekend watching TV. :rolleyes: Seriously, though, I do feel bad for the kid as she all stuffy and had to do the mouth breathing thing. She had a cold. Hope she feels better today.

"training"...

View attachment 738396

Nice! Congrats. :)

So as to "training." Yeah, not this one. However, there's this one receptionist I've mentioned before who's quite lovely and is, well, well developed on top. I worked with her this past Thursday and found out that she loves doing lingerie shoots, and even showed me some of the pictures she's taken. :eek::eek::eek::eek: WOW! Is all I can say. She's lovely. I happen to mention that I was a photographer :rolleyes: (Yeah, I know, guy's gotta try, right?) and it worked. She said, "You're a photographer?! You can do my next shoot!" :eek::eek::teeth::teeth: Now I just have to get it past the wife. This is one I don't think the wife will let me do, but it's nice to know that this coworker of mine is willing to let me take pictures of her in lingerie.

Well, gotta run, fellas. Have a good day and we'll chat later.

I also had a sick kid this weekend. Poor thing had to lay on the couch all weekend watching TV. :rolleyes: Seriously, though, I do feel bad for the kid as she all stuffy and had to do the mouth breathing thing. She had a cold. Hope she feels better today.
Hope she feels better soon.
there's this one receptionist I've mentioned before who's quite lovely and is, well, well developed on top.
On top? Like, her head? You're saying she's a genius?
I worked with her this past Thursday and found out that she loves doing lingerie shoots, and even showed me some of the pictures she's taken. :eek::eek::eek::eek: WOW! Is all I can say.
What??

:faint:
Now I just have to get it past the wife.
So... no photos is what you're saying.

So as to "training." Yeah, not this one. However, there's this one receptionist I've mentioned before who's quite lovely and is, well, well developed on top. I worked with her this past Thursday and found out that she loves doing lingerie shoots, and even showed me some of the pictures she's taken. :eek::eek::eek::eek: WOW! Is all I can say. She's lovely. I happen to mention that I was a photographer :rolleyes: (Yeah, I know, guy's gotta try, right?) and it worked. She said, "You're a photographer?! You can do my next shoot!" :eek::eek::teeth::teeth: Now I just have to get it past the wife. This is one I don't think the wife will let me do, but it's nice to know that this coworker of mine is willing to let me take pictures of her in lingerie.
I'd say pictures or it didn't happen.

But I guess if it will require the wife's permission, it isn't going to happen anyway. :rotfl2:
Well, that's two major sports seasons in a row ending in gut-punch losses for my teams. It appears Philadelphia sports have returned to their normal state.
Mark... I'm a fan of the Reds and the Colts. You're not getting any sympathy. At least your teams sniffed success. :rotfl2:

Mark... I'm a fan of the Reds and the Colts. You're not getting any sympathy. At least your teams sniffed success. :rotfl2:
That's valid. But I've had that debate often with friends. Is it better to get close to triumph and then get kicked where the sun don't shine repeatedly? Or to just be awful and never have a chance? I don't know what the right answer is. The latter leads to complete apathy. The former gets you invested emotionally and then rips your heart out and stomps on it.

That's valid. But I've had that debate often with friends. Is it better to get close to triumph and then get kicked where the sun don't shine repeatedly? Or to just be awful and never have a chance? I don't know what the right answer is. The latter leads to complete apathy. The former gets you invested emotionally and then rips your heart out and stomps on it.
As a WNY native and Bills fan, I don't want to hear about your minor disappointments. Just suck it up and repeat after me..."Just wait until next year!"

I prefer a team playing meaningful games at the end of the season. Or in the case of the Reds, I'd take a meaningful game after the month of May. When the Colts and Texans were fighting for the bottom of the AFC South the last week of the regular season, all I could do is scream at my TV for not showing the Bengals/Ravens or some game that actually matters instead. I couldn't give 2 craps whether they won or got beat because it didn't matter!!! Basically, a championship in any of the major sports, or college for that matter, is hard to win. You've got to be really frickin good, but you've got to have some luck fall your way too. I'd rather be good and have a team that is in the hunt.

Which brings me to college basketball. My Boilers have held the #1 spot for 8 weeks before losing to Northwestern and generally looking exposed the past 3 games. They just dropped to #3 and there are problems, but they're fixable. When you're playing a freshman backcourt, that's bound to happen. They can overcome and I have faith in Coach Painter. He always coaches guys up and makes them better. I've enjoyed the heck out of this season. Do I think they win a natty? Probably not. Again, because there are 68 teams going into the tournament, and you have to be lucky, have the right matchups, have everyone stay healthy and nobody has an off night. But I hope they do. And I'll be there watching every step of the way. If they lose, that doesn't mean they suck or make the season anything less. The only thing that really matters is that they go deeper in the tournament than Indiana. But they're a great team playing meaningful games and that is fun.

And if they lose, there's only 1 senior in the rotation and he comes off the bench. So, there's always next year. :rolleyes1

I also had a sick kid this weekend. Poor thing had to lay on the couch all weekend watching TV. :rolleyes:
May she heal up enough so as not to have to continue suffering such indignities.

nice to know that this coworker of mine is willing to let me take pictures of her in lingerie.
Now there's a sentence that has no option but to cause future problems.

Well, that's two major sports seasons in a row ending in gut-punch losses for my teams. It appears Philadelphia sports have returned to their normal state.
Was there a ball game of some kind going on this past weekend?
I must have missed that.

Just curious, how much do you budget? I may stash some cash and slip out to "visit" the lounges.
That'll depend on how many sips you'd like to acquire. Most of the drinks range from 10 to 15 bucks a pop (with a few at 20 and anything higher not even being considered). If it's just you and you really only want maybe a couple good drinks during the cruse, then the money wouldn't be that bad.

Now, we intended to have a couple each day (and hit every lounge at least once), so we needed to have a bit more on hand. We also regularly buy Dis Gift cards and stash them away for that purpose (and locally we can earn discounts on gasoline by buying gift cards, so for us there's that incentive as well). On that note, cash doesn't really work on the ship except as tips for room service. For the most part anything extra uses your key card and charges it back to your cabin. Then they settle it up with you at the end of the cruse (generally by charging the credit card that you've assigned to the account). We beat that by bringing those extra gift cards I mentioned, dropping by Gest Services and having them applied to our account up front. This time we figured it close enough to have only about 7 or 8 bucks that had to be charged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter