Dealing with The Loss of a Son

My son passed away July 1,2010.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know some of your pain. I also cry many times everyday. I miss my Son everytime i see something on tv he would like to have watched,go to the grocery store,gas station, breath air.

I had 5 months "notice" but it was still devestating!!!!!!!
I saw this movie a few days ago it was about ghosts who live in this house and one ghost is interviewing another ghost, he asks him what hell is and the ghost says it must be like losing a loved one before their time and having to live with that grief the rest of your life.
We must both be in hell. hugs.
My Dr. gave me a perscription for Xanax (sp?)
I am thinking you might need to talk to your Dr. and see if he/she thinks you might benifit from a perscription.
I also try to do things I know my Son would want me to do:
Love my kittens,they loved him and he would pet them for hours
I have a big junk room and he joked about me only having till December to clean it out or he would get the bulldozer
He would feed the birds on our front porch and sit and watch them,so now i do this

Just think of things your son and you used to do and go do it, know he is watching you and is pleased.
I know your son and mine would want us to not be so miserable. I believe in heaven and I want be able to tell Jonathan about things I had seen or done after he passed away. He really wanted to go to Hawaii but the Drs would not let him go so next year i am going so i can tell him all about it.
Was there some where your son talked about going or wanted to do, maybe you can go or do it so you can tell him about it it and make him so proud of you.
I am sending heart felt hugs and more hugs to you. God Bless us both.
I know what you mean about not being able to fix things or make it better, its just part of being a caring mom and human being. I figure if I can get thru this everyone else is on their own.
I am so sorry to hear your husband is leaving but maybe this will lead to something better for you. Sending prayers and loads of love your way. Hugs

I am so sorry for your loss. I know some of your pain. I also cry many times everyday. I miss my Son everytime i see something on tv he would like to have watched,go to the grocery store,gas station, breath air.

I saw this movie a few days ago it was about ghosts who live in this house and one ghost is interviewing another ghost, he asks him what hell is and the ghost says it must be like losing a loved one before their time and having to live with that grief the rest of your life.
I am thinking you might need to talk to your Dr. and see if he/she thinks you might benifit from a perscription.
I have a big junk room and he joked about me only having till December to clean it out or he would get the bulldozer
He would feed the birds on our front porch and sit and watch them,so now i do this

Just think of things your son and you used to do and go do it, know he is watching you and is pleased.
I know your son and mine would want us to not be so miserable. I believe in heaven and I want be able to tell Jonathan about things I had seen or done after he passed away. He really wanted to go to Hawaii but the Drs would not let him go so next year i am going so i can tell him all about it.
Was there some where your son talked about going or wanted to do, maybe you can go or do it so you can tell him about it it and make him so proud of you.
I know what you mean about not being able to fix things or make it better, its just part of being a caring mom and human being. I figure if I can get thru this everyone else is on their own.
I am so sorry to hear your husband is leaving but maybe this will lead to something better for you. Sending prayers and loads of love your way. Hugs

I am so sorry for your loss. Yours is a lot fresher then mine but the pain is still very real. :hug: Thank You for sharing your story

I have some good days, bad days and really bad days :guilty:
Lately, Ive been having really bad days and cant seem to get over the hump but Im still here and trying day by day

I have had about 4 or 5 really bad days. I was in Sam's today crying my eyes out, it was just the best i could do.
I see you can't sleep either. I hate this cause tom. i will be exausted and have big puffy eyes.

I have had about 4 or 5 really bad days. I was in Sam's today crying my eyes out, it was just the best i could do.
I see you can't sleep either. I hate this cause tom. i will be exausted and have big puffy eyes.

Yes, I have had many of those days. Waking up all puffy and no sleep the night before :sad2:

I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

I am so sorry for your loss. Yours is a lot fresher then mine but the pain is still very real. :hug: Thank You for sharing your story

I have some good days, bad days and really bad days :guilty:
Lately, Ive been having really bad days and cant seem to get over the hump but Im still here and trying day by day

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Sweetie...it will get better! He didn't/doesn't deserve you, he is unworthy of you.

You are going to find the right one...he is out there for you!

Sweetie...it will get better! He didn't/doesn't deserve you, he is unworthy of you.

You are going to find the right one...he is out there for you!

Thank You
and I miss all of you DisFriends :grouphug:
I am so jealous of all of you cruising without me

Thank You
and I miss all of you DisFriends :grouphug:
I am so jealous of all of you cruising without me

Don't be jealous of me!! We haven't cruised or vacationed since 2008 :(.
We cancelled last years cruise, this year we had family wedding, and I don't think we will be ble to afford next years either.

I so need a disney fix it isn't funny!!

So we are in the same boat (pun intended) for Dis trips!!

Don't be jealous of me!! We haven't cruised or vacationed since 2008 :(.
We cancelled last years cruise, this year we had family wedding, and I don't think we will be ble to afford next years either.

I so need a disney fix it isn't funny!!

So we are in the same boat (pun intended) for Dis trips!!

I have a Bad case of DisNey Blues
I want to go down but I dont want to go alone cause thats no fun

I have been asking Disney questions on this board....

I happened here today...

I just felt it was right to send you my genuine wishes and thoughts of wellbeing, of moving forward. You are truly in my thoughts right now and I am sending you allof my best. Stay strong hun. Oh, and a huge, huge, hug x

I have been asking Disney questions on this board....

I happened here today...

I just felt it was right to send you my genuine wishes and thoughts of wellbeing, of moving forward. You are truly in my thoughts right now and I am sending you allof my best. Stay strong hun. Oh, and a huge, huge, hug x

Thank You
:hug:

Just thinking & checking in on ya, how are you doing?
Find the magic somewhere; everyday!!)

I just found this thread today... read the first page, then jumped to the last...

shocked, to say the least! (so of course I went back through the whole thread).

First, I'm so incredibly sorry for the loss of your beautiful son :hug:

Second, I'm so sorry your dh did what he did, and same for his "girlfriend". How did your dh not think "what would my ds think of me doing this to his mother?" right in the beginning????

I remember when a friend was going through a divorce, another friend joked to her "the elephants have it right! they reproduce, then the females all hang out and raise the kids together w/out the males"... I always get a chuckle out of that (I'm actually not even sure if it's true or not, but it's funny).

And good for you for going back to school! What a very strong woman you are... you deserve a wonderful life, and you will have it!

I just found this thread today... read the first page, then jumped to the last...

shocked, to say the least! (so of course I went back through the whole thread).

First, I'm so incredibly sorry for the loss of your beautiful son :hug:

Second, I'm so sorry your dh did what he did, and same for his "girlfriend". How did your dh not think "what would my ds think of me doing this to his mother?" right in the beginning????

I remember when a friend was going through a divorce, another friend joked to her "the elephants have it right! they reproduce, then the females all hang out and raise the kids together w/out the males"... I always get a chuckle out of that (I'm actually not even sure if it's true or not, but it's funny).

And good for you for going back to school! What a very strong woman you are... you deserve a wonderful life, and you will have it!

Thank You :hug:

It is VERY hard, especially with all the Holidays now. I cant even get away from Christmas because it's Everywhere! Radio, TV, Grocery Stores, even Banks..

I miss my Son so very much

:sad1:

It is VERY hard, especially with all the Holidays now. I cant even get away from Christmas because it's Everywhere! Radio, TV, Grocery Stores, even Banks..

I would imagine you'd like to just bypass the holidays. Can you ever plan that? Just go w/ friends on a cruise, or something like that? Maybe next year. There's no right or wrong. When my dh's brother died (brother was 18, dh and I were married and living in mil's basement apartment - brother lived upstairs w/ mil, so we were all close)... after the burial, mil has never been back to the cemetary - she just cannot (it's been 15 years and she hasn't been there - it's a couple miles from her house, so she passes it everyday). It's the only way she can deal with it. And I think it's good she knows herself well enough and doesn't force herself to go - what good would that do, knim? So whatever feels right for you - do it. :hug:

What are your holiday plans?

Praying that the days will get easier for you as you continue to grieve. May God bless and keep you.

Hey pfishgirl thinking about you and checking in; hopeing you are having a Happy New Year!

Dreaming of Cape May Days coming soon.....after all this snow thats headed our way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter