Debating on splurging... need help...

Two trips ago we stayed at Jambo house Club Level, and it was lovely. It was a relaxed stay, and whilst we did the parks every day, we split our days up and appreciated the resort. There's lots of lovely places to lounge, and relax.

We stayed in Wilderness Loge last time, and my friend had never been to WDW so we spent nearly all of our time in the parks. Whilst we loved Wilderness Lodge, we didn't really spend any time there.

This time I'm doing a solo trip and staying in Music, because I know I'll spend a lot of time (as much as possible) in the park. The latest trip is for 7 nights, I'm international, so when I usually stay deluxe it has been for 10nights + just for the comfort and real vacation deal. If there had been a good deal on a deluxe, I probably would have considered splurging, because who doesn't love a little treat? :D

I am so excited. I decided to splurge. And I am staying at AKL and in a standard room. But I will just request partial savanna view. Thanks for your input.

Looks like Natalia made her decision now I need some help!!!

I am going on a rather short notice trip and just for 3-4 nights May 5-10 for my 50th birthday. My usual home base is Pop, but all of the All Stars, Pop and CSR are booked with the cheer and dance groups, and CBR is a construction zone. I have stayed at POR once before and loved it and have been trying to stay there again the last few trips but always ended up going back to Pop, especially with the new rooms. For some reason I am not satisfied with that for this trip?

Here is what I have been thinking about. This is all in for the trip I already have a 6 day pass and will pay for food OOP. I know I will go back in either Oct or Nov.
POR 4 nights - $2,384 this would include upgrading my tix to an AP
AKL 3 nights - $2,166; standard view
WL 3 nights - $2,385 Courtyard view
Poly 3 nights - $2,737 Standard view

What would you do? This will be a slow-paced trip sleeping late and spending the afternoons and evenings in parks.

I think when you are on vacation its ok to open the wallet. My two cents is that life is short. Enjoy it and embrace all the fun you can any time you vacation. We all work hard and should enjoy are fun time on vacation. I say go for it and enjoy yourself.

I am going on a rather short notice trip and just for 3-4 nights May 5-10 for my 50th birthday. My usual home base is Pop, but all of the All Stars, Pop and CSR are booked with the cheer and dance groups, and CBR is a construction zone. I have stayed at POR once before and loved it and have been trying to stay there again the last few trips but always ended up going back to Pop, especially with the new rooms. For some reason I am not satisfied with that for this trip?

Here is what I have been thinking about. This is all in for the trip I already have a 6 day pass and will pay for food OOP. I know I will go back in either Oct or Nov.

What would you do? This will be a slow-paced trip sleeping late and spending the afternoons and evenings in parks.

I love POR, it's one of those resorts that feels like a vacation inside a vacation, but I feel the same way about AKL and the Poly. You've got such good resorts to choose from!!

Personally, I don't do AKL without the savannah view, but that's purely for experience on my part. I stayed in WL on my last trip and loved it, it's near enough to MK to pop over, but far enough just to be in another world. Plus you have Fort Wilderness not too far away to benefit from. The Poly is one of my favourite resorts, had some wonderful restaurants and it's on the monorail. If you know you're going to go back later on in the year, POR may be worth it and getting the AP - plus I always love the atmosphere at POR? Such a touch decision!

For me it would be a toss up between the extra night with Riverside or the 3 night at AKL. Enjoy, whatever you decide!

hop over to the DVC forum on this site and see what deals you can find from DVC members selling their points. I almost landed one night at Jambo house in a studio for $169 for the night which is a steal. I think they're averaging around $200 so if you want to splurge, go to AKL as it's my favorite. Side note, payment due in full up front.

hop over to the DVC forum on this site and see what deals you can find from DVC members selling their points. I almost landed one night at Jambo house in a studio for $169 for the night which is a steal. I think they're averaging around $200 so if you want to splurge, go to AKL as it's my favorite. Side note, payment due in full up front.
Thanks! That is a great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter