December 2018 car rental thread

Finally saw a decent drop in my rental. Alamo 12/1 - 12/8 [8 day rental] fullsize @ $186. total, AD3868JST and the AP discount code.

My rental has only gone up for 12/20-1/1! I also just found out I am coming in 12 hours EARLIER than originally planned. I have to basically cancel my existing booking and rebook, which brings it up to about $700 for a Standard Size car...and I'm paying $446! I booked a 1 day rental for my arrival day for $50 and I I'm hoping for the best to combine them. :headache:

Today's Dollar special is valid now until 1-31-19.

This morning when I checked nothing beat my $202 rate....then I checked again this afternoon and I booked this

December 10-17
Managers special (they pick the ride)
$198 (saved $4)

I have same dates. I used Costco and got $193 For an SUV at Budget hoping it drops. Can’t figure out why so high never paid this much

Finally saw a decent drop in my rental. Alamo 12/1 - 12/8 [8 day rental] fullsize @ $186. total, AD3868JST and the AP discount code.

Inspired, i checked mine, dropped to $170 for weekly full size starting 12/1 with same codes.

I have a rental reserved with Dollar for $157 for a compact, 12/11 to 12/16. I just looked at Alamo and with the Costco code and AD3868JST, I can get a midsize for $174. I hate to pay more but I'm nervous to use Dollar over Alamo. :car:

I have a rental reserved with Dollar for $157 for a compact, 12/11 to 12/16. I just looked at Alamo and with the Costco code and AD3868JST, I can get a midsize for $174. I hate to pay more but I'm nervous to use Dollar over Alamo. :car:
I'm with you I have a Dollar for $207 and Alamo for $219 for 10 days, I've always had easy transactions with Alamo and reading about Dollar has me nervous. Their toll policy is my main concern.

I'm with you I have a Dollar for $207 and Alamo for $219 for 10 days, I've always had easy transactions with Alamo and reading about Dollar has me nervous. Their toll policy is my main concern.

what scared me was the thread that @frannn posted that they were sent a bill for $300 for a pre existing scratch from their August rental. I don't need that!

what scared me was the thread that @frannn posted that they were sent a bill for $300 for a pre existing scratch from their August rental. I don't need that!
I had Budget try to pull damage on me last time I rented with them in Oct 17. They had two cars available when we arrived to the lot, one was smoked in and the other had 60,000 miles on it with dents to prove it. We were in a hurry to get to our resort for Halloween so I had the attendant note the damage and give me it in writing. When we returned the car a week later the lady checking it over was calculating the damage and tried to get me to authorize it. I pulled out the paperwork and refused to sign for any of the damage. She remove it all and all was good but still left a bad taste in my mouth. We have always had good service with Alamo.
I always take a quick video of the vehicle I rent when I recieve it to note any damage, just to be safe.

I always take a quick video of the vehicle I rent when I receive it to note any damage, just to be safe.

that's a good idea! :thumbsup2

We've done pictures but never videos. I've never had any problem with Alamo, so I'll stick with them even if I have to pay a little more. We could get by without a car, but we want to go to Universal and we're staying at BWV so we want to go shopping for incidentals also. It's just easier then using Uber.

Just wanted to say that I am an avid Alamo customer but my last two or three trips Dollar has been significantly less expensive so I have gone with them and I have not had any problems at all. Granted I use the cash lane for the few tolls we have gone through but I have not had any trouble. If you have a significant discount with Dollar I would say to give them a try.

Just wanted to say that I am an avid Alamo customer but my last two or three trips Dollar has been significantly less expensive so I have gone with them and I have not had any problems at all. Granted I use the cash lane for the few tolls we have gone through but I have not had any trouble. If you have a significant discount with Dollar I would say to give them a try.

Thanks for the info, that makes me feel better! Were the tolls on 417? I have a Sunpass transponder and bring it with me but thought about just doing coins to be safe.

I just dropped another $11

Alamo - 12/11-12/16, midsize, Costco, AD3868JST, $163

Hey everyone! I wanted to ask what other CDPs and Promos were in use? I am trying to book for a last-minute trip 12/16-12/23. Thanks!

Anyone finding good minvan rates? I'm at $240 with Alamo, 12/7 - 12/13

Just found out we're going for a quick weekend, so jumping in now.

Alamo 12/14-12/17, Standard, $84 base/$117 total using Costco and free upgrade from midsize (AU2291VYT). Not a bad start, but will keep an eye out as time goes on.

Side comment for those interested that haven't been for awhile: E-ZPass is (mostly) working down there, so bring it along if you like

So far, it looks like rates for Christmas week bottomed out in early October. I booked then for $408 for ten days 12/22-1/1, and since then, rates have gone back up, and now start around $570 and up. Still OK with any size car. Hoping for a Thanksgiving weekend sale valid for those dates, but it may be that rates won't be dropping for that popular and busy time range.

It would be a major headache to go thru that experience. Always good idea to inspect your vehicle before going thru the booth to notate any issues. If this were a common occurrence, you’d find more posts if you searched.

I’ve been finding myself booking majority of rentals thru Dollar last year or so as they have consistently had the best deal and the cars have been more late model variety than they were just a few years ago.

Just found out we're going for a quick weekend, so jumping in now.

Alamo 12/14-12/17, Standard, $84 base/$117 total using Costco and free upgrade from midsize (AU2291VYT). Not a bad start, but will keep an eye out as time goes on.

Side comment for those interested that haven't been for awhile: E-ZPass is (mostly) working down there, so bring it along if you like

It’s the mostly that makes me nervous with using my EZPass. I bought the sunpass a few years ago. Think i’ll Keep using it until the ezpass bugs are worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter