****December 2020 Thread****

ARGH!!! So SW just jacked up our December flights!! Instead of leaving on a 530am flight and getting in at 7:30am - we now don't arrive until 2:30pm!!

and DH is not interested in adding a day to make up for our first full day of parks - and we already had a morning departure flight...

DANG BLANG! so now I have to re-do my park schedule....at least I hadn't made ADRs yet!!!

back to the drawing board! :headache: :headache:

Today was my ADR day . Got most of I wanted - Beaches and Cream , 50s, CRT, Toppolino’s breakfast (just not time I wanted ) , not first choice , but trying Spice Road ,Teppanado and Mama Melrose . Couldn’t get Via Napoli . Staying at GDT so not sure if things will be opening there by December .Overall , happy with what I booked .

Last edited:
We held onto our pre-COVID reservation for Dec 7-15th, but we're pretty nervous about it. If we can avoid people and be socially distant, OK. But if Disney relaxes their restrictions, we will probably need to cancel. Seeing crowds getting bigger in a relatively "off" time is really worrisome. In the end, we'll do what we need to do to stay safe and healthy!

Well, I'm booked for Dec 14-19. Actually excited.

This has been a rough year (not counting the COVID mess everyone has been dealing with). My wife of 28 years passed away in the middle of February. So, this will be a solo trip.

It will be a bit sad without her, but Disney World was always our favorite place. Been there 21 times over the years married. I somehow think this is exactly what I need. A nice week away from everything with only happy memories surrounding me.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to experience some joy and comfort on your trip.

Today was my ADR day . Got most of I wanted - Beaches and Cream , 50s, CRT, Toppolino’s breakfast (just not time I wanted ) , not first choice , but trying Spice Road ,Teppanado and Mama Melrose . Couldn’t get Via Napoli . Staying at GDT so not sure if things will be opening there by December .Overall , happy with what I booked .
I’m also having trouble getting Via Napoli for early December. I’ve never had that problem before. Anyone else?

Have fun planning your December Disney trip! David’s Vacation Club Rental is able to successfully re-rent my two DVC reservations. I am grateful that I don’t lose all my money. Really appreciate David’s team and the two wonderful DVC owners for their understanding, patience and flexibility. Hope the families re-rented my reservations have a magical holiday celebration at WDW!!
:thumbsup2

We are planning our first trip December 19-23. Right now we only have 2 park days booked. I’m trying to decide if I want to add a 3rd park day or just take a day to see the trees at Disney Springs and maybe some of the decorations at the resorts. I know there won’t be any gingerbread houses so I don’t know if looking at resorts would even be worth it.

ARGH!!! So SW just jacked up our December flights!! Instead of leaving on a 530am flight and getting in at 7:30am - we now don't arrive until 2:30pm!!

and DH is not interested in adding a day to make up for our first full day of parks - and we already had a morning departure flight...

DANG BLANG! so now I have to re-do my park schedule....at least I hadn't made ADRs yet!!!

back to the drawing board! :headache: :headache:
They did the same thing to us! Our 5:30!am fight was changed to around 12:00. We can’t really add on a day. They also changed our return flight to a 1:00 departure. We needed to get home to prepare for Christmas Eve the next day. I keep trying to think of something we could do that morning, but I figure we will have to leave around 10:00 on me.

Frontier changed my non stop flight to a over night layover. :mad: SO I asked for a refund on that one and rebooked thru AA.
My Delta flight changed from arrival at 1 to arriving at 5 with a 3+ layer. Got that changed to an actually better flight arriving at 12:50.
Now the waiting for more changes game...
😨

Just booked impromptu for a short four day parks trip in late December. Just going to Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios parks with two days each, and foregoing the other two this time around. I did not notice all the changes as I have been out of the loop of following closely on Disney parks news, but after I booked realized no fast passes, dining at 60, etc. Should be interesting! Feeling a small % chance it'll be cancelled on us. If so, will use those tickets and do a Yacht Club trip late summer 2021! No worries. I'll stop in to see any updated December news, or share news.

Well, we've officially cancelled our December trip. After six months of watching to see how things progressed, our final payment was coming due at the end of the month, so we took a hard look at the situation and felt that the reduced offerings and increasing crowds/waits with no hopping or FP+ combined with continued uncertainty about travel made us unsure enough about December that we decided to pull the plug. We'll now move on to our backup dates in May, which will be a year later than our originally booked May 2020 trip that was cancelled, and 5 years since our last trip to the World.

To the rest of the December crew - good luck, and I hope you all enjoy your visits.

We planned our trip mainly for our 14 year old who has been asking to go at Christmas. She doesn’t know we are going, but I was looking at pictures of the castle lit up and she says she doesn’t want to go if they aren’t doing the castle lights. Now I’m torn on what to do.

We planned our trip mainly for our 14 year old who has been asking to go at Christmas. She doesn’t know we are going, but I was looking at pictures of the castle lit up and she says she doesn’t want to go if they aren’t doing the castle lights. Now I’m torn on what to do.
I'd wait for the lights to come back. If she doesn't want to go without them then she might not enjoy it as much. I really believe the lights make it so much more festive and beautiful.

If lights are a big deal, perhaps postpone. Good luck with your choice! For me and family, it's not going to be the lights, more so the lack of fastpasses. But, still giving it a go. I don't feel 100% confident and think it'll cancel, we shall see. We had August as a reschedule from April but decided the heat/mask combo was the dealbreaker then.

It's a tough call. I'm sorry.
Maybe consider a shorter trip and then a re-do next year with proper lighting and entertainment back?

Booked a trip for the 19th through the 22nd and come to find 12/21 is at capacity for Hollywood Studios, seems like an odd Monday to be booked while quite a few days before and after are all available! Any insight as to why?

Booked a trip for the 19th through the 22nd and come to find 12/21 is at capacity for Hollywood Studios, seems like an odd Monday to be booked while quite a few days before and after are all available! Any insight as to why?

It's the week of Christmas, so who knows. But I'm sure it will all get to capacity before long (we're going the week after, and Mon, Tues, and Weds are all booked for HS).

We love Beaches & Cream. Looking forward to seeing the renovations in person. We enjoy. MM too. I’m on the fence with CRT and no princesses.

Did you get a time close to what you want @ Toppolino’s? I’m looking to make ADRs for upcoming trip, early morning. My ADR day is in 12D. What’s the dates of your trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter