****December 2020 Thread****

We are offsite, so this is an observation more than a complaint (we know what we're giving up in trade for space + savings!), but I'm a little surprised how hard some of our dinner reservations are looking to get! I expected BOG to be tough, but I went through my list yesterday with dates a week prior to our actual trip and couldn't get almost anything on my list! Wondering if it's indicative of crowd levels we should be expecting...
Couldn't get: Boathouse dinner, Liberty Tree Dinner, BOG lunch (not a surprise), Via Napoli Dinner
Could get: Mama Melrose lunch, WCC breakfast

ADRs day by day start for me today and no Boathouse dinner for 12/6. Reservation finder set up! :)

Well, I'm booked for Dec 14-19. Actually excited.

This has been a rough year (not counting the COVID mess everyone has been dealing with). My wife of 28 years passed away in the middle of February. So, this will be a solo trip.

It will be a bit sad without her, but Disney World was always our favorite place. Been there 21 times over the years married. I somehow think this is exactly what I need. A nice week away from everything with only happy memories surrounding me.
I am so sorry for your loss. 2 years ago my brother passed away suddenly and our family decided to go on the trip we had planned to take with him 5 months later. It was painful and soothing and the same time. A really, really beautiful memory that we all hang on to now. I'm so glad you're still going and praying it to be a magical and precious time for you!

We are offsite, so this is an observation more than a complaint (we know what we're giving up in trade for space + savings!), but I'm a little surprised how hard some of our dinner reservations are looking to get! I expected BOG to be tough, but I went through my list yesterday with dates a week prior to our actual trip and couldn't get almost anything on my list! Wondering if it's indicative of crowd levels we should be expecting...
Couldn't get: Boathouse dinner, Liberty Tree Dinner, BOG lunch (not a surprise), Via Napoli Dinner
Could get: Mama Melrose lunch, WCC breakfast

ADRs day by day start for me today and no Boathouse dinner for 12/6. Reservation finder set up! :)

What's your length of stay? Any night available? Typically The Boathouse is always available. Unprecedented times we are in.

We love Beaches & Cream. Looking forward to seeing the renovations in person. We enjoy. MM too. I’m on the fence with CRT and no princesses.

Did you get a time close to what you want @ Toppolino’s? I’m looking to make ADRs for upcoming trip, early morning. My ADR day is in 12D. What’s the dates of your trip?
I am going 11/30 - 12/5. I got the day I wanted just earlier than I wanted. Going to EPCOT that day so wanted a little later so there wouldn’t be a lot of time between breakfast and park opening. So not the end of the world. I got 7:45 am. Good luck with your adrs. I would do your must dos first .

I am going 11/30 - 12/5. I got the day I wanted just earlier than I wanted. Going to EPCOT that day so wanted a little later so there wouldn’t be a lot of time between breakfast and park opening. So not the end of the world. I got 7:45 am. Good luck with your adrs. I would do your must dos first .
Gotcha! Thanks! DD12 is really looking forward to this trip.

What's your length of stay? Any night available? Typically The Boathouse is always available. Unprecedented times we are in.
4 Park days dec6-dec9, but since we are offsite we make reservations one day at a time. So far nothing available there 12/5 or 12/6 until 9p which is just too late for us! We will keep looking :)

4 Park days dec6-dec9, but since we are offsite we make reservations one day at a time. So far nothing available there 12/5 or 12/6 until 9p which is just too late for us! We will keep looking :)

Gotcha! Hopefully people will start posting on the December 2020 ADR thread. Happy planning!

Looking forward to Dec trip...12/3-9 at GDT...got a few ADRs but curious to see What will be open at CSR...

We were debating fora while, but finally decided to keep our nov into dec trip. ADRs are so different this year compared to the last 5 years. We love to park hop to eat at Epcot, so trying to narrow it down to choosing just 2 Epcot restaurants was hard, but then I tried all 8 days and very few restaurants were available. Nothing anywhere near magic kingdom , inside the park or at the 4 bay lake hotels unless we wanted to eat at 3:30 in the afternoon. So, going to do some quick service and get yummy desserts. I also might look again the week before or day off to see if anything opens

Opinions please on whether HS should be planned as a one or two day visit, if we have 4 possible park days. Can HS be done in one day rides only (not doing shows, even if there are shows open)? If we had more days to visit, I'd do 2 days without questioning it.

Opinions please on whether HS should be planned as a one or two day visit, if we have 4 possible park days. Can HS be done in one day rides only (not doing shows, even if there are shows open)? If we had more days to visit, I'd do 2 days without questioning it.
Yes, but you will have lines. Go read EasyWDW blog for a touring plan he did

We are planning our first trip December 19-23. Right now we only have 2 park days booked. I’m trying to decide if I want to add a 3rd park day or just take a day to see the trees at Disney Springs and maybe some of the decorations at the resorts. I know there won’t be any gingerbread houses so I don’t know if looking at resorts would even be worth it.
We are there the same time. This trip we are doing 3 park days. Last year we did 1 (and the Christmas Party) with our extra day filled with the Christmas Tree Walk at DS, a lovely lunch at Paddlefish before taking a ride in the amphicar at the Boathouse. Went back to the resort for a nap before dinner at Sana'a before the Starlight Safari around the AKL savannas. To date, it is my teen daughter's favorite day ever at WDW.

Hello fellow December travelers!! This last few months have been a roller coaster for my trip. We cancelled in June and now it’s back on as a possible aunt/niece trip or just a solo trip.
things have changed. Went from Animal Kingdom lodge to Caribbean Beach. Still going December. 13-19.
dining day is soon. Getting excited!

I am beyond excited to update my signature and comment on this thread . . . daughter and I are going to Disney!!! :)
I did not think a trip was happening for us this year when we had to cancel our September trip, but we just booked a short trip last night for December 11-13. CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!!! First stay at Art of Animation, too . . .:jumping3::bounce::Pinkbounc

We are there the same time. This trip we are doing 3 park days. Last year we did 1 (and the Christmas Party) with our extra day filled with the Christmas Tree Walk at DS, a lovely lunch at Paddlefish before taking a ride in the amphicar at the Boathouse. Went back to the resort for a nap before dinner at Sana'a before the Starlight Safari around the AKL savannas. To date, it is my teen daughter's favorite day ever at WDW.
Are they running the amphicars right now? I think my girls would love that and maybe mini golf.

Has anyone been able to book Hollywood and Vine? I checked all days I am in Disney and haven't even had one time of availability. I am wondering if they haven't opened the reservations yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter