Deluxe Resort suggestions please!

CSchex

Mouseketeer
Hi, everyone! My family will be staying deluxe for the first time this fall! We have never been able to do this before and I would love to hear suggestions on which resort to pick. Due to our budget, we have narrowed it down to 3 resorts: Yacht Club, Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge. Which would you pick, tell me about your favorites! We originally were thinking Yacht Club because we are spending one full day at the resort and felt like it had the best pool area, and then the Boardwalk area is a place we have never been. We are eating at Cape May that night also. The more I read online, the more I feel we should consider the other 2. We are only going to the parks for the Halloween Party, and our other day will be a resort day. Our children are older teenagers (16 & 19) What would you suggest?

I would go with Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge myself. Animal Kingdom is my favorite resort on property though so I might be a bit biased. There is so much to see and do there and it's the perfect resort to relax at. The pools (both Kidani and Jambo) are great, lots of hot tubs, amazing food options (boma breakfast, jiko best restaurant on property imo, Sanaa both dinner and lunch are amazing). Plus you can't beat the animals and activities... though most of the activities are for younger kids.

Personally, I vote for the yacht club. The area is nice at the pool is the best onsite especially if you have teenagers. The atmosphere of the boardwalk is great too. Also, the room is 40 sq ft larger than the other two, so with two older kids the added space may be nice. Ak lodge would be my second choice, but if you are real animal lovers that may bump it up a notch for you.

Yacht Club. AKL’s pool at Jambo House will be closed this fall. The Yacht Club is attached to Beach Club where Cape May is. You can walk the boardwalk area at night.

Since you are going only to the MK for Halloween parties, you may want to look at the Deluxes in the MK area.

Look into renting DVC points. It will stretch that budget a lot further for essentially the same room.

And I'll join in to throw in a vote for Wilderness Lodge. It is our favorite resort because we just love it's quiet homey feel, despite being so close to MK. Bay Lake is just beautiful, and it allows for great boat transportation to MK, as well as to the Contemporary and Fort Wilderness. We also like having the option of buses to every park as well, because despite not being as much fun, they can be quite fast (especially to MK). We love how the entire resort is under one roof, which is great in inclement weather, and is something some other Deluxes don't have.
Comparing WL to AKL is mainly a matter of preference, but we really do enjoy the transportation options at WL. You have to decide how much having the views of the animals would be worth, because that could sway it in favor of AKL. Yacht Club has the advantage of being able to walk right into Epcot, and even to HS, and of course there's that great pool. With older kids, that could be a better option. You really can't go wrong, have a great trip.

We've stayed at all three and with older teens, I'd go with Yacht Club. My family prefers the Epcot area resorts because of the ease of easy access to two parks. We like the Boardwalk area and the ease of getting to multiple hotels. It will be very busy in the Fall with the Food & Wine Festival!

With teenagers and a full resort day, I would pick Yacht Club. The pool and resort activities are much better there for older kids. WL’s pool is very small and AKL’s main pool will be closed this fall. You’ll have the entire Boardwalk at your disposal at YC.

With teenagers and a full resort day, I would pick Yacht Club. The pool and resort activities are much better there for older kids. WL’s pool is very small and AKL’s main pool will be closed this fall. You’ll have the entire Boardwalk at your disposal at YC.
That was one of our initial thoughts, we have never been to the boardwalk area, and it looks great! Also, Thank you for the heads up about the AKL pool!

At this point getting DVC this fall will be almost 100% impossible. Dec is the busiest time for DVC by far and 2019 Dec will be even worse lol

YC

You have SAB, quick access to 2 parks, lots of dining options, the Food & Wine festival at Epcot will be very convenient, Boardwalk entertainment and the YC rooms have full balconies.

Hi, everyone! My family will be staying deluxe for the first time this fall! We have never been able to do this before and I would love to hear suggestions on which resort to pick. Due to our budget, we have narrowed it down to 3 resorts: Yacht Club, Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge. Which would you pick, tell me about your favorites! We originally were thinking Yacht Club because we are spending one full day at the resort and felt like it had the best pool area, and then the Boardwalk area is a place we have never been. We are eating at Cape May that night also. The more I read online, the more I feel we should consider the other 2. We are only going to the parks for the Halloween Party, and our other day will be a resort day. Our children are older teenagers (16 & 19) What would you suggest?

My choice would be WL. We love AKL as well, but since the pool will be closed and you are planning on one full resort day, I'd go with WL. We haven't stayed at YC but have stayed at BC and while it was nice, it's not one of our favorites. We thought SAB was ok, but we weren't wow'd by it and like the pool at WL better. Good luck deciding, although I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter which resort you choose.

But the OP is only going to MK for Halloween parties so 2 Park Access is nice but they aren’t going to Epcot or HS.

Thank you, everyone for your suggestions! I certainly appreciate the suggestions since we are new to the deluxe resorts. I think we will stay at the Yacht Club. I like the idea of things to do at the Boardwalk and the big pool area for the kids. Thank you again!

Whichever one you choose, make your reservation as soon as possible, and good luck.

all are great! tell us more about what you guys value! (YC and WL are my 2 favorites- for different reason)

I vote for Yacht Club since you are planning a pool day. Stormalong Bay is by far the best pool complex on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter