Designers in training..Photoshop elements newbies

I a sticking this and encourage all of the "Newbies" to ask questions. I know that sometimes tutorials can be hard to understand. We have some great talent here, Dom, Marion & Mel have been DISigning for years and do great work. Plus it's great to feel free to give constructive feedback. Sometime I will see a DISign that I think would be perfect if the DISigner used a shadow or bevel or whatever. This is a cool thread to come and get feedback and hopefully feel supported. :banana: Greeat idea, Penny
Also, can we keep this thread request free? If people have requests, have them post them in a new thread. Since some of you newbies are becoming great DISigners, start a thread with your DISigns. Thanks, P

Great idea! Hopefully more will join us as well learn things, and start DISigning!

I am doing some requests that are left on the board in threads, just to get the hang of it! So far I am enjoying it.

May I join in on the fun? I have been playing around with PSE 10 for several months. I am still learning it but having fun at the same time.

I have done some name fills, Mickey Ears, and door hangers as well. I also have made several T-shirt disigns.

If I can help any one don't hesitate to ask. I am NOT a pro and no where near as good as the veteran DISIGNERS.

I can't wait to see everyone's DISigns!!!!

LOL mid week seems to slow down on here!

Show us what you have done! Some of us just started a photobucket album for others to look at.

Thanks you guys! Come on everyone show us what you are doing/learning!! Inquiring minds want to SEE!!

:goodvibes Hi everyone! My (nick)name is Shelly. I have been the different versions of PSE for awhile, though so far I've only used mine to make photo books and such, no shirt designs or anything. I've just downloaded my PSE10. We are planning our first trip in Dec. 2012. We've been trying to get this trip in for a couple years already so I am SUPER EXCITED:banana: about it!
So I have been playing around all day with PSE. The day we arrive will be my DS's 8th bday, so I am working a design for his shirit to include both his birthday, and us going around Christmas time. I have started one but, I can't get my Mickey head template perfect, it has little "bumps":sad1: any suggestions? Here's the link to it on photobucket if you don't know what I mean. Thanks for all your help.
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w495/ShellyG2915/ChristianBday.jpg

:goodvibes Hi everyone! My (nick)name is Shelly. I have been the different versions of PSE for awhile, though so far I've only used mine to make photo books and such, no shirt designs or anything. I've just downloaded my PSE10. We are planning our first trip in Dec. 2012. We've been trying to get this trip in for a couple years already so I am SUPER EXCITED:banana: about it!
So I have been playing around all day with PSE. The day we arrive will be my DS's 8th bday, so I am working a design for his shirit to include both his birthday, and us going around Christmas time. I have started one but, I can't get my Mickey head template perfect, it has little "bumps":sad1: any suggestions? Here's the link to it on photobucket if you don't know what I mean. Thanks for all your help.
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w495/ShellyG2915/ChristianBday.jpg

I think, but am not totally sure that you need to find a better image to start with. That one looks like it might have been saved from a thumbnail and when it's enlarged it pixelates. That's totally my novice thought on it but I really love your design so far!

That looks much better. One suggestion; the text running across the center is difficult to read. I'd suggest either breaking it up in to 2 lines or trying a different font. The "Disney" font is nice but even Disney doesn't use it for much as it's a difficult font to read, especially in all caps. You could also try running the 2nd line in a different curve offset 1/8-1/4 to the right of the first line. I strongly recommend stepping back from the screen to about the distance someone might be standing if they were reading your shirt and seeing what it looks like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter