Determined to make the most of this weekend!

That's the spirit guys!

I asked this question in another thread but just in case anyone has the answer: do outdoor attractions operate in the rain if there is no lightning?

I know test track does not. But I have been on Thunder Mountain in the rain before. And oddly enough - splash mountain, LOL. Thunder is a show stopper. Any thunder and everything has to shut down until I think it's 30 minutes with no thunder.

If I were heading to WDW in a storm, I’d take as many comfortable pairs of shoes I could.

A blog I read - and my mom who just got a pair and loved them - turned me onto Olukai Women’s Ohana sandals for the parks.

They seem completely waterproof and comfortable. I’m going to take a pair on October trip to WDW - especially as a rainy day shoe.

Having just spent two weeks living outside in rainy weather in the Adirondacks - Lotrimin AF (Athletes Foot) Spray was my best friend after my feet were soggy for days.

Nothing like medicated relief for wet swampy itchy feet.

Next Question:

We didn't get Park Hoppers.
If we lose a day at the parks, can I add a hopper after I'm already there? Do I just go to guest services? Can I just add it for a single day or the remainder of the trip?

May I suggest adding it any way if you can swing it to give yourself extra flexibility? Especially with the rain and some attractions likely to close, it's giving us peace of mind to know that we can get over to whatever outdoor attractions (like SDD) we're interested in when the weather isn't rainy, and then stick to the indoors when it's rough but I don't know of any 1 park that has enough indoor attractions to keep my group entertained for an entire day.

While I understand the sentiment, downplaying the potential for danger isn't smart. If it hits as a Cat 3 and comes across Central Fl, it will still be packing quite the punch when it arrives in the Orlando area. People who aren't familiar with hurricanes don't tend to think about potential dangers and think it will be nothing more than some heavy rain for a few hours.

When do they close the parks?
Say the storm is expected to hit Sunday night, do they just close all day Sunday. Or do they open for a bit in the morning and close early?
Don't forget, CM's need to prep stuff in the parks for potential high winds, too.

Is anyone changing their packing list now?

I'll need to add some extra rain gear. Extra shoes. What else?

Might have to add a bottle of rum in my bag in case we are stuck in the room. pirate:
Mobile chargers for electronics, flashlight, snacks, extra clothes if you aren't planning on doing laundry.

If you are staying at WDW, just prepare to do whatever they tell you to do. If they say to stay in your room, be prepared to stay there. If they say a park needs to close at a certain time, clear out before then, the CMs will need to begin storm preparations.

May I suggest adding it any way if you can swing it to give yourself extra flexibility? Especially with the rain and some attractions likely to close, it's giving us peace of mind to know that we can get over to whatever outdoor attractions (like SDD) we're interested in when the weather isn't rainy, and then stick to the indoors when it's rough but I don't know of any 1 park that has enough indoor attractions to keep my group entertained for an entire day.

We can swing it, we just didn't originally feel we needed it. That may change now.

It is only my husband & I going on an impromptu trip that we booked just last week. We don't have any must do rides or reservations anywhere, but I want to make sure to at least get in each park for a bit.

We can swing it, we just didn't originally feel we needed it. That may change now.

It is only my husband & I going on an impromptu trip that we booked just last week. We don't have any must do rides or reservations anywhere, but I want to make sure to at least get in each park for a bit.

I hope you guys have fun despite the weather! I have my DH with me plus my sister, mom and dad - even if it's a total wash out and we get stuck we're happy to be together.

The last hurricane I rode out was Sandy in 2012 and I had no power for a week, an acute chest infection, and we were hit with a Nor'easter snowstorm three days after - literally ANYTHING has to be better than that.

question - we are on the DDP; what happens if the parks close and we're unable to use our last TS credit, or our QS credit the following day? will we get refunded for a day of our DDP? Or more so, has anyone had experience with this?

Currently planning outfits & starting packing. For the first time I'm thinking solely of comfort over fashion for this trip - lots of shorts & t shirts rather than skirts lol

Ugh we are so sad we had to change our WDW trip this weekend! Longing for the days when I had little ones and school wasn't an issue:guilty: Please stay safe everyone! Hoping this storm passes you all quickly! Now I'm frantically looking to find another weekend to change our dates!!!!

We arrive tomorrow and leave Wednesday morning. I try not to stress over things I don't control. It the weather makes it unsafe, we'll enjoy the time in our room. If it is wet, but safe to be out, we'll make the best of the slopping around in the rain. :)

Stay safe everyone, especially all of the Florida residents, who have more to worry about, than whether or not they'll get to enjoy WDW.

Always keep things in perspective.

Luke (Skywalker) in honor of Galaxy's Edge opening :) And yes, my last name is really Lucas :)

Remember to bring your poncho and keep dry clothes in a locker.

And/or keep things in ziploc bags within your day pack. Bring a small microfiber towel to dry yourself &/or seats when things open back up.

Saturday-Wed here! Do they shut the parks down? Last year my returning flight got cancelled Labor Day weekend due to a hurricane and I had to stay in ATL. At least my flights wont be impacted, but this is still my last time ever to Disney on Labor Day weekend. We had Katrina also over Labor Day.

Sorry your plans may be disrupted a bit....being positive...eat some yummy snacks for me this weekend. Also, I would ride star tours again and again trying to get all the different scenarios. As a soccer mom, here are a few tips for very rainy weather : bring a hat or visor for under the hood on a poncho,but rain coats works better, ponchos can get steamy underneath, dry fit clothing, hot cocoa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter